It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2012

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

but with the 8-30 List gone now there is nothing to compare with.

It is still hanging on in there at the moment. What I am waiting to see is if what they said to me is true.

When we go live with these webpages, those updates to the 8-30-day list will also update the data on the new pages.
- Lisa
------

Assuming that these lists are retained (which they will be I think as they use them elsewhere) then you can check the changes using:

This CSV file

or NEIC/WDCS-D QUICK EPICENTER DETERMINATIONS which they use in other listings elsewhere on the site.

Don't worry I will be watching them like a hawk and beating them over the head if they don't do what they say.

edit on 9/4/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Mr. Puterman,

I know I have said this once or twice in the past, but I would like to say it again.

Thank you for all your time, patience, and knowledge that you share with all of us. I can honestly say I have learned more from you during the short time I have been here on ATS than I learned at college about the study of geology in two years.

edit on 9-4-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

What can a fella say to that then?

Thank you

I may be a pain sometimes but I try my best.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You are very welcome. Please stay with us and teach us how to learn.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Magnitude mb 4.2
Region GULF OF CALIFORNIA
Date time 2012-04-09 21:37:09.0 UTC
Location 27.37 N ; 111.42 W
Depth 15 km
Distances 681 km SW Juárez (pop 1,402,990 ; local time 15:37:09.2 2012-04-09)
79 km SW Guaymas (pop 103,449 ; local time 14:37:09.2 2012-04-09)
75 km NE Mulegé (pop 3,851 ; local time 15:37:09.2 2012-04-09)
85 km E Santa rosalía (pop 11,899 ; local time 15:37:09.2 2012-04-09)

EMSC

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat

You are very welcome. Please stay with us and teach us how to learn.

Seconded and well-deserved for sure.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

I guess if you are using DialUp it might be slow?

Affirmative that!!!!!!! :-(

Loved it at work on high speed though, although they could tweak the map some (hint to USGS - to much overlap of land on each side - can't zoom in to just see the earth on a flat map as it lays as it is. Zooming in or highlighting the area to zoom in doesn't work so well either. Also, the back button if I screw up brings me back to the main page - don't like that - and on the dreaded dial up = flying laptops :-) ).

Edit to add: Don't like the sizing of the quakes on the new maps - makes it more difficult at a glance to see the difference between smaller and larger quakes!
edit on 9-4-2012 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2012 by Anmarie96 because: yeah spelling and all that sticky finger stuff

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

his event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 5.8
Date-Time

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 05:09:09 UTC
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 04:09:09 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 1.148°S, 13.968°W
Depth 9.9 km (6.2 miles)
Region NORTH OF ASCENSION ISLAND
Distances 753 km (467 miles) N of Ascension Island
896 km (556 miles) SSW of MONROVIA, Liberia
973 km (604 miles) S of Bonthe, Sierra Leone
1699 km (1055 miles) WSW of ACCRA, Ghana

USGS

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Is it me or does it look like the area from the Gulf of Mexico all the way down to Panama is having some sort of stress build up?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

A line of quakes of 4+ size

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

You mean these:

?

All indicated quakes are 4.2 - 4.8 magnitude, I believe.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
hmm quite a few lil quakes...

wonder if any these due to frackin'

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
MAP 3.7 2012/04/10 10:42:31 18.658 -67.365 21.0 PUERTO RICO REGION
MAP 3.0 2012/04/10 09:28:19 19.213 -64.677 38.0 VIRGIN ISLANDS REGION
MAP 3.1 2012/04/10 09:24:56 19.179 -64.680 52.0 VIRGIN ISLANDS REGION
MAP 3.2 2012/04/10 09:22:43 19.088 -64.597 66.0 VIRGIN ISLANDS REGION

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I can't relax. You know what's funny? That Dalek Relaxation exercise works better for me than the 'real' ones I've tried in the past. I go mad when I try to meditate. I end up more stressed than when I started. My helper gave me an audio disc to try. I was getting angry with the man leading the breathing. Then the quiet would start crushing me. Alternatively, at the end of the Dalek Tape, I am in a pleansant mood, and I enjoy the giggles. I am giggling right now while I think upon it, and I remember to stay CALM! Look at this- it's still working.

What's not working is this unbearable silence within the earth. It's allowing too many other things to enter my head. Hey, what's this? In the last seven days, that's a week, there's been 9 >5M quakes. There have been single days with more than that. That 6.whatever was caused by the moon- so we can ignore that.

It's not just me. If you all been watchin'. You know this ain't right. But it will be interesting to see how activity plays out as it gets back to 'normal'. Hey, we should be used to this weird stuff, look at this year's weather. Everything is upside down and unusual. This is a new 'norm'. Gosh, I hate that expression.

There was a line of quakes across Southern Europe as well, which are kinda similiar to the Central American ones. Just saying. I was going to post a bunch of links about the increase in mid-continental quakes in the US. Couldn't get to it.

For those that need to RELAX!!!!
www.youtube.com...
I may add this as my signature.
edit on 10-4-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericblair4891
I can't relax. You know what's funny? That Dalek Relaxation exercise works better for me than the 'real' ones I've tried in the past. I go mad when I try to meditate. I end up more stressed than when I started. My helper gave me an audio disc to try. I was getting angry with the man leading the breathing. Then the quiet would start crushing me. Alternatively, at the end of the Dalek Tape, I am in a pleansant mood, and I enjoy the giggles. I am giggling right now while I think upon it, and I remember to stay CALM! Look at this- it's still working.

What's not working is this unbearable silence within the earth. It's allowing too many other things to enter my head. Hey, what's this? In the last seven days, that's a week, there's been 9 >5M quakes. There have been single days with more than that. That 6.whatever was caused by the moon- so we can ignore that.

It's not just me. If you all been watchin'. You know this ain't right. But it will be interesting to see how activity plays out as it gets back to 'normal'. Hey, we should be used to this weird stuff, look at this year's weather. Everything is upside down and unusual. This is a new 'norm'. Gosh, I hate that expression.

There was a line of quakes across Southern Europe as well, which are kinda similiar to the Central American ones. Just saying. I was going to post a bunch of links about the increase in mid-continental quakes in the US. Couldn't get to it.

For those that need to RELAX!!!!
www.youtube.com...
I may add this as my signature.

That has got to be one of the most non-relaxing relaxation tapes I have ever heard. To each their own, but that is so annoying it reminds me of the Annoying Orange.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

I would like to U2U you..but I don't seem to be able to...should I try Robin?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

In the middle of the ocean?

Yes probably NOT!!

What a boring video that was. Three or more minutes of completely wasted time.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is there like some reason the midwest is having like so many like earthquakes? like

community.nasdaq.com...

www.washingtonpost.com... gIQACogR0S_story.html

My mailbox is full of them. I didn't even read them all. Besides, all the stories were on the same study.
I'm sure if you want more reading, you can search. You'll find like so very many.

The only thing that is new to me is they're admitting that Trinidad, COL is related as well. Edit.

Oh, I almost forgot. Time for me to shill for the government. I fear no backlash from them because I rank so high up the chain. GEOLOGISTS have a conflict of interest. Otherwise, this absurdly obvious situation would not have been allowed to continue as long as it has. Frack that. It hasn't stopped but has exploded expoentially. In fact, at this very moment, the United States is the world's biggest producers of natural gas. The glut is so dramatic that they are running out of space to store it. They've slowed production and are at the moment focusing their efforts toward the oilfields (they're fracking the oil patches as well well well well well well well) because the freaking price of crude is going through the roof. So, wonder why the quakes have slowed somewhat in the midwest. You need not wonder anymore. It's because production has basically stopped. And with all the heat being thrown at the industry, now's a good time to take a breath and pause. Because if you reduce or stop the pressure of injection, ie Arkansas, Ohio, the earthquakes cease. This lull, (specifically in the midwest, not worldwide) is only temporary. They'll be more when they streamline the delivery to Asia and natural gas prices improve.

GEOLOGISTS ARE BASICALLY PROSTITUTES. and the government- scratch that. It's not the government. There's no government conspiracy. The government is owned by the corporations. So, I'm shilling for Esso. There's a tiger in my tank. I don't own a fracking car. I haven't forgetten there's a gas leak off Scotland as we speak. Hell, I'd start a damned revolution if I could. But you can't pull most people away from their emails of Walmart Shoppers wardrobe malfunctions long enough to get them to notice. Let's get in the gas guzzler and load up on BPA plastic. Wash your hands after handling receipts.

I've noticed there's been a few around 4M in the last little bit. Maybe things will return to normal.

Dear Jane, I was unaware my inbox is screwy. I'll trying sending you one and see what happens. Heck, if that don't work, say it loud and proud out here. I got nothing to hide. Other than the fact that I'm a government shill.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericblair4891

GEOLOGISTS ARE BASICALLY PROSTITUTES.

Well, we do know how to make the bedrock. Are you Cummingtonite? There may be a blind thrust involved if I drink enough, and we all love cleavage.

But hey, it's not my fault!

As you may have guessed, I'm a geologist. However, my field is Palaeontology and Sedimentology, though I have taken part in some seismic surveys for others' Doctoral research. Yes, the money was good and I got to 'play' with explosives.

edit on 10-4-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2012 by aorAki because: sorry about the emoticons. Waiting for the coffee to kick in.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

When I'm wrong I'll admit it. Sorry. Not all geologists are akin to prostititutes. I'm quite sure many are noble and wonderful science-type people.

Actually, some geologists are worse than sex workers. Hey, I'm not hear to bad mouth sex workers. Sorry again.

I suppose the reason I'm so upset is that I listened to Canadian Radio this morning. There was a story on University tuition increases in Quebec. One of the criticisms was about how funding is uneven. The argument was made that industry funding in shoools was mainly for mining. I would also add that much of the funding is for oil/gas exploration and development. I was going to post a link I found not long ago that had the USGS giving a free lecture on the oppurtunities in oil and gas. Talk about shilling. They were singing OKLAHOMA. Now the tune is Dakota.

If you get a big grant that helps you go to college and become a geologist, why would you bite the hand that feeds you?

How many jobs, and how much money, are the geologists that criticize industry gonna get? Not much.

Another way schools are used by the industry is that they can get free research. The government, sorry scratch that, your tax dollars are funnelled to studies are looking for mineral and oil deposits.

It is true to say that many geologists and business people are sleazy bedfellows
Let me finish here before I inadvertantly offend anymore innocent bystanders.

Did you guys see that angry Nissan customer driving around in the showroom?
Lucky thing I don't own a car anymore.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
just had one here..2 miles from touchet washington..3.2 i believe. been here most of my life never heard of an earthquake hitting here.

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join