It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2012

page: 271
<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

The Russians had that at 6.1mb, which I think is pretty realistic based on the SNZO graph of it
I'm surprised they didn't do a Ms conversion, it has a big S wave

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Folks. I don't want to derail the earthquakes subject. And I would not ask, but, this is my primary contact. I'm having another personal crisis. And it doesn't help that I am being driven mad by my latest discovery. I suppose I need to do something like explain it all. But I'm tired. Tired. I may make a video for you tube later. May be.

I really wish someone would take the ball and run. I know the proofs are out there. I'm not going to even tease.
proof. i'm sure there's a proof. real- live actual, physical, chemical proof

and i know what to look for . i will think of a title and start the thread. then post a link so you guys can take a look. i love critisizm but be gentle. i'm not really looking for a debate. my facts fit the literal meanings.

be back after I post the title.
there were earthquakes and then booms

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-12-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

On Friday there were like four earthquakes in Oklahoma. None on the weekend. Go figure pumps off. And one today 2.5ml which has shown up on other lists. Earthquakes on a schedule. How interesting.

edit on 3-12-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
just had a pretty big one in Alaska, Not sure how big yet but it lasted for a good while. From what I am gathering it's been felt to homer to Wasilla
edit on 3-12-2012 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
double post

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
My dad is in Palmer alaska and he Definately felt it. I read that it was a 5.9

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by safetymeeting
My dad is in Palmer alaska and he Definately felt it. I read that it was a 5.9

I read 5.7 but the earthquake site is down, That's what the news said atleast. I think it's going to be closer to 6.0 though.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

Yeah, that was a doozey. I'm on the 4th floor of a building in Midtown and we felt it for well over a minute. Called the wife at our house and she reported quite a bit of stuff falling out of cabinets and off of shelves.

I'm always amazed at just how much and for how long a nice sized quake can throw off your equilibrium. I've been getting phantom feelings of movement ever since.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

USGS is reporting it at 5.9
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yeah my dad was outside for it and the truck was swaying around and the trees as well. It freaked him out because it sounded like someone was jumping on the porch.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Yeah, that was a doozey. I'm on the 4th floor of a building in Midtown and we felt it for well over a minute. Called the wife at our house and she reported quite a bit of stuff falling out of cabinets and off of shelves.

I'm always amazed at just how much and for how long a nice sized quake can throw off your equilibrium. I've been getting phantom feelings of movement ever since.

that would have been worse, I was at home and I felt it sway a bit then I went to the dining room and I could feel the table sway and the kitchen light was definately swaying. I thought it was going to be worse than what it was. Nothing fell luckily.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Based on USGS' "Did you feel it" responses, it looks like the Jewel Lake/Kincaid area where I live felt it stronger than we did in Midtown. That's fairly typical, though.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Based on USGS' "Did you feel it" responses, it looks like the Jewel Lake/Kincaid area where I live felt it stronger than we did in Midtown. That's fairly typical, though.

I live in around the same area

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Funny, I was just thinking about Colorado this morning. Not my fault. I got an email saying they're going to be talking about Trinidad, Colorado and the frackquakes at a conference in San Fran I think. This week. Can you imagine? Someone thinks the quakes weren't natural. Gosh.

And before I could even check around, I see there's been a 3.9 M frackquake. Earthquake? Industrial noise perhaps. That's all hiccups and industrial disease is all.

stateimpact.npr.org...

I wanted to find date and location of the geo-house-party. Will try.

Gee, here's a story about those pesky eco worriers. Like me. Why would anyone think fracking is a danger? So, you lose a few old dams along the road of progress. So be it. Amen.

www.coloradoan.com... lick_check=1

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I must admit I was wrong when the last Colorado quake hit and I looked at Virginia to reply. It didn't. I'll keep looking, but Virginia is still not moving.

HURRY! HURRY! You'd better run if you want to crash the party. The Geophysists meeting is TODAY. So. you'd better boogie.

On the agenda, my two favorite means of bringing on some future wasteland; fracking and geothermal.
Amen. Halleluha. These freakin' yokels are going to bring about the end. Set off that volcano and we'll dancing like we're vikings on greenland as the little ice age came on. Yes, we'll be dancing! Dancing and shaking and shivering to stay warm. Yes, a volcano in the southern hemisphere killed the vikings in greenland. However, the Iniut people survived. There's your lesson. Adapt or die.

www.rdmag.com...

edit on 4-12-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

Did I mention there may be something wrong with me? I'm laughing manically as I unravel the mystery discovering the means by which well bring our own self inflicted destruction. Hey, I'm partying like it's the end. Yeah baby. I almost forgot my other favorite kind of earthquake. The ones that are caused when you sequester. Is that right? Sounds like Sylvester. You know. Sinking the carbon. Sweeping the carbon away.

"On Dec. 5, at 12:05 p.m. PT, Zoback will deliver another talk on the risk of triggering small-to-moderate size earthquakes during carbon capture and storage – a technology designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by capturing atmospheric carbon dioxide from industrial smokestacks and sequestering the CO2 in underground reservoirs or mineral deposits. Zoback will outline several elements of a risk-based strategy for assessing the potential for inducing earthquakes in CO2 reservoirs. The talk will be held in Room 2004, Moscone West."

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The Alaska quake was pretty strong on the peninsula too, nothing fell off shelves but we rolled for a good minute here too. All of my plants were swinging for almost 10 minutes after.
My husband also felt it while driving down the road, he said the street lights were swinging pretty good too.
My kids are funny though, AK born and raised and they got all excited that they could feel that one.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsmom

The Alaska quake was pretty strong on the peninsula too, nothing fell off shelves but we rolled for a good minute here too. All of my plants were swinging for almost 10 minutes after.
My husband also felt it while driving down the road, he said the street lights were swinging pretty good too.
My kids are funny though, AK born and raised and they got all excited that they could feel that one.

yeah I've heard reports it was felt from Homer to I think Fairbanks. One story I read was this guy was on the phone in Anchorage to somebody down in Soldotna and it hit he said something and the other person said nothing here and about 5 seconds later it hits there too.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
1hr 22min ago

When: 04/12/2012 18:59:40 UTC
Lat: 37.086667 Long: 23.357667
Magnitude: 4.75 Ml
Depth: 10.23
Catalog Source: National Research Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics (NRIAG), Egypt

NOA (Greece) have it at 4.3ML
which might explain why USGS don't list it
Geofon say 4.6
EMSC say 4.5mb
and RAS have 4.7mb
just noted it when updating Egypt 2012 archive map
edit on 4-12-2012 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
FWIW the Russians have your Alaskan quake at 6.0mb

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted M2.3 - 6km S of Lake Arrowhead, Maine
A friend of mine who lives up there posted this on FB Just thought this was interesting since the East coast is more rare for quakes. I'm in Pa. so this interested me. Reading the article the fault goes through the New England states down to Long Island.

This is the 3rd quake in the area.
I found this tidbit interesting from the article

At well-studied plate boundaries like the San Andreas fault system in California, often scientists can determine the name of the specific fault that is responsible for an earthquake. In contrast, east of the Rocky Mountains this is rarely the case. New England and Long Island are far from the nearest plate boundaries, which are in the center of the Atlantic Ocean and in the Caribbean Sea. New England is laced with known faults but numerous smaller or deeply buried faults remain undetected.

USGS

The article goes into some detail of the largest quakes from that area, worth the read for a 3 paragraph article
edit on 12/4/2012 by mugger because: add

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
3hr 22min now since that 18:59:40 Greece quake, USGS still not showing it, in fact nothing since 2012/12/04 18:46:38
edit on 4-12-2012 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I noticed some surface waves come through the southern California area about an hour ago, and finally tracked down this oddly-located earthquake.

Automatic detection of seismic event: magnitude 5.1 - 5 Dec 6:34 PST - ELSA, YT region

Source

Looking at the Canadian map of the area, I guess quakes do happen there with some frequency. It doesn't look to be located near a known fault, but considering what a large, wild landscape it is, that isn't shocking. The yellow star on the map is today's mag 5.1.

map source

Or, I was seeing waves from this Tonga quake...? anyhoo, the Yukon quake was interesting, and not listed on the USGS.
edit on 12/5/2012 by Olivine because: my time estimate was wrong

top topics

<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join