It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2012

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one has submitted these to the thread yet, considering the locations.

1.6 7km SW of Lilbourn, Missouri 2012-11-19 07:29:02 36.544°N 89.669°W 4.7
2.6 12km SW of Cordova, Alabama 2012-11-19 10:20:10 33.690°N 87.293°W 1.0
2.3 3km ESE of Mansfield, Texas 2012-11-19 23:50:35 32.552°N 97.111°W 5.0
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I know they're not much to get excited about being such low magnitudes, but one if them is certainly worth noting, considering it's location.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I responded on the thread.

Wooo Wooo, TRAINS

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hi KD, no I had not seen it. Very luminescent. Not being grumpy or anything but why did they not make the bottom of the axis Mag 5 which would have shown up that variance much better.

I may do one myself when I can get my spacing routine working again.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I got excited about the Alabama earthquake. But it wasn't an earthquake. It was a mining blast.
The Missouri quake is a small, very regular one. (the regular-or "normal" earthquakes are now the exceptions)
And for the lone star quake. It was a frackquake. On google maps you find that the epicenter is right near a bunch of injection wells. And a Pier One Imports if you need some clothings.

I mean, they're not even trying hard to hide the mess. You got the wells right inside municipal boundries. But that's what you get when there is no democracies at the state level. Texas is a Republican dictatorship. And in Texas, the Republican Party is run by the oil boys. So, zoning laws, are mere paper formalities. These papers, are about as precious, and as strong as, toliet paper.

Oh, Oklahoma. I think there was one day where there wasn't an earthquake. Yes, on the 18th, there wasn't an earthquake.

I'm going to say Muzzy is right and some of the "6's" were only in the high "5's". But that being said, there still was a big clustering of 5.5+s and then a bit of a lull. So, even if we are around the normal averages, they don't come in steady drips, they come in waves.

Hmm. I'm wrong. I really thought Virginia would reply to Colorado. There's been another one near Trindad, but nothing in the east.

To add, I must admit that I'm not sure about the wells in that Texas frackquake. It's hard to distinguish between a production well and and injection well. There was a pond, so, I thought maybe they were drilling for gas. (do you know why there are no starlings in my backyard? the european sparrows chase them away) But, what if the pands are where they dump excess water that still needs to be swept under the carpet. Oh, I don't know. The fracking images on google are years old so there may be more wells in the area.

Also, I've revised my thoughts on the whole liquified natural gas theory. Yes, much of it still is valid. But my claculations are short because I forgot one very gigantic number. How could I forget that giant amount. Duh.

I'll expand on this in my crazy corner at some point soon. If you want to jump ahead all you have to do is read up on the oil production in the Dakotahs. To see their future you only have to look north to Alberta and the oilsands and soon many towns in the new oil boom will resemble Fort McMurray.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-11-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

sorry, reading. "Fort McMurray is a multicultural community, attracting people from all corners of Canada and the world. Albertans make up almost half the number of migrants to Fort McMurray, followed by 17% of people originating from the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.[citation needed] A report in 1986 noted that 13.8% of Fort McMurray's population was from Newfoundland."

[ask yourself, where did the newfie's first originate?
it seems not to be their first migration]

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Four. Four fuc frackin' frackquakes in one day. Only one showing up on the usgs and others. but, the state is rocking.

www.okgeosurvey1.gov...

Very soon now me thinks a big fault will crack and we'll get a 4+ it's been too low for too long due to glut. but for some reason, they're pumping or dumping big time in Okie. you can tell what areas are producing just by following the earthquakes.

big foot prints.
big foot
saskquatch
monster

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hello,

I find myself at 4274 North Boulevard Street, (am i kidding- boulevard street- a redundant redunadancy) Edmond Oklahoma. 8km north of Edmond really.

I had to look around here and I think I found something big. It's a whole yard of pipe. At least I think it's pipe. I've been trying to figure it out. I'm sure they ain't rails. They ain't building anymore railroads and you don't need that much space cause rails are very uniform and can be made to order on short demand. It has to be a yard for pipe. It's massive.

Quakes and pipe seem to go in hand.
Why am I still looking?

The address is really , about, 4464North Boulevard Street, (why do i feel like i could get shot here?)
the name on the sign is fuzzy

All apologies. It's no shadowy conspiracy. They're listed. Turner Bros. Edmond Pipe yard. Man is it big. sorry again.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

So your trying to say that the USGS site isn't listing all the quakes near the fracking sites. Go figure, it's probably coming down from the top.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think that you may find it is quite normal not to include man made events. They do not seem to list things such as man made explosions. You may find they simply do not, and never have listed man made events and frac quakes are man made so there is no desire to list them.

This approach is historical and directives from on high would have reinforced the current SOP rather than create a new one.

The question that someone with the right contacts could answer is do they simply eliminate the frac quakes or do they transfer them to an internal file called 'man made events.'

Would be nice to have access to that file. These are geologists, they may well provide that information to anyone that asks for it. Now after that information is published they will be told not to provide it again but then, even that would be useful to prove deceit from above.

P

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Magnitude 3.6 - Illinois

Locati on in Google Maps
  • Date-Time: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 @ 23:28:22 UTC
  • Earthquake location: 38.446°N, 87.868°W,
  • Earthquake depth: 5.0 km
  • Distances:
    10km (6mi) WNW of Mount Carmel, Illinois
    39km (24mi) SW of Vincennes, Indiana
    58km (36mi) NNW of Evansville, Indiana