It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2012

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Aromaz

One thing you can guarantee is that since we are already 'overdue' for the next mag 6+ (using averages by about 2 to 3 days) it will be attributed to the moon if it happens in the next two or three days.

Question is how long after the new moon before one can stop pointing the finger and saying "It was the Moon what dun it yer Honour!"

edit on 5/5/2012 by PuterMan because: My post looked so bare without the customary green to decorate it that I simply HAD to come back in and add some decorative effects.

Only human nature to find something to point a finger at. Does not really matter if it is true or not.
The American way - Jury decides, depending on how good the lawyers are. Truth has nothing to do with it.

The moon, HAARP, sunspots . . . grandma's pain in the hip (Have not heard that one in a while!)

PS. Sounds in the sky - due to resonance effects.
Do you realize how noisy our world became? Both in audioble and electronic?
Some of these sounds does sound like prophetic Trumpets or Horns.
edit on 5/5/2012 by Aromaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wow! Look at all those quakes around the world today! ItMUST be the full moon! There is no other explanation!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Wow! Look at all those quakes around the world today! ItMUST be the full moon! There is no other explanation!

Just need a 6+ now to really set the mood

2nd line: I've got a feeling...
edit on 5-5-2012 by SpaceJockey1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yes, we're back in a lull. Of course this would be logical since we've just experienced some big quakes. Not arguing about whether or not they were extraordinary. I have noticed there seems to be a lull before many of the full moons, only to have the activity shortly afterward. Or, more often, it's the new moon. After the full moon at perigee, and the new moon at apogee. It's this sequence and it's only when they're at there maximums. And I think it's more pronounced at perihelion. Right now were travelling further away from the sun and haven't made the maximum extent yet. I think we get the little bit extra when we're coming out of the turns, just like NASCAR.

We're not technically at a full moon yet. It's not 01:00 UTC yet. The moon is full at 3:36. It will have reached perigee two minutes before that.

www.youtube.com...

Had to add. Arkansas just had a quake. But I should check Okla. Nope, not Okie.

Here's a site that has the earth as view from the moon at this moment.

www.smeter.net...

So water and fluids are bulging upward under the moon and on the opposite side of the earth.

www.independent.com...

www.livescience.com...

edit on 5-5-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

That 4.2 was pretty close to Karori SNZO station, took a while for the needle to settle back
@23:33
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Here is an even better site for viewing the the earth, the earth from the moon, from the sun etc and you can select the date and you can turn night off, and zoom in on the position. It is the one I am using for my new lunar celestial; page for big earthquakes.

www.fourmilab.ch...

From your Independent link.....

Their study also revealed a preview of the problems wrought by sea level rise — a major symptom of climate change.

Why is it that no one can write anything without spouting this rubbish. Of course everyone knows the sea level is rising "catastrophically" by around 6 inches a century. Even NASA has had to admit that the scaremongering over Arctic fresh water was incorrect. The machine has to keep going otherwise the scientists will look stupid and the gravy train will stop.

I could throw hundreds of rebuttals of the IPCC and NASA nonsense at you but this one will do

www.worldclimatereport.com...

edit on 6/5/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

I guess you and I are the only ones to notice the AR quake... USGS doesn`t seem to have seen it.

And it was one like we had last year... the "thump and quiver" type.

Thanks for confirming I`m not going crazy (yet!) and seeing things on the webis and GEE that aren`t there !

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

They found it.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I'm still watching. It's only quiet now because there's a gas glut. The high oil prices are meant to pressure people to convert to natural gas. I'm just waiting for round two to begin once they can move and store great volumes of gas.

On Luna.

Wow. So, it wasn't the end of the world last night and I woke up. I still think the moon is playing a part, and that the moon, like myself, is misunderstood. Popo the volcano has been very interesting lately. Although it's frustrating trying to watch it. Mexico has a smog problem. Yesterday, it was the rain making viewing difficult. Today, I can't figure out if it's ash all over the mountain, or if the rain washed away the previous ash deposit.

It hasn't erupted violently. But it has ejected lots of steam and ash in the last few days. It's activity has gone from whispy steam blowing smoke rings, all the way up to a column that was rising quite high into the air. Right now it seems to have calmed over the last hours. I keep thinking I should write this on volcano watch. But I believe it's directly tied to all the earthquake action in Mexico and Central America.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

www.cadenagramonte.cu...:volcanic-ashes-fall-in-mexican-capital&catid=3:world&Itemid=14

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 6-5-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Last 7 days energy figures worldwide based on USGS data

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Hint...when the moon is New it is still there...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

i think you missed the Sar Chasm.

You dot want to fall in.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I think we can forgive Xtrozero. We've all scan something and misinterpreted the point of the author. Xtrozero must understand sarcasm and satire because Xtrozero's avitar is Dr. Strangelove!? But in general, I feel we are losing our ability to recognize and appreciate sarcasm. Today, nothing seems very subtle. Last year I started a thread which created The Church Of (George) Carlin. People got very upset with me and said that Carlin must be rolling over in his grave. The more they chastised me- the more I laughed. The negative reactions were poetic in their absurdity.

This isn't the first time that quakes ebbed when there is a "super" full moon. Muzzy has been keeping track, and know maybe there's a pattern where quakes are lower during the full moon. I don't think it's a simple matter of full moon= large earthquakes. It's much more complicated than that. Hell, it seems the full moon has created a "tidal-lock" lately. I don't understand what's going on. That's because the moon's orbit is elipitical. And so is the earth's orbit around the sun. Also, there's the tilt and perigee and apogee. So, there is not a simple "full moon" or nothing. Or high tide/low tide. It is a cycle. So when we try to divide it up and only look at one specific aspect of it's phases, we may be missing the dynamic. It's "Blind men describing an elephant". We don't know how the moon effects the interior of our planet.

Although it is very quiet, there is some activity. Either HAARP is defective and the U.S. can't always hit Iran. Or there's something regional going on in and around Turkey.

Azerbaijan has chimed in as well. I've said that I think the moon has more effect on volcanoes than tectonic plates. Because the magma is sometimes more fluid than solid. Azerbaijan has some amazing mud volcanoes. Really, I'm just stabbing in the dark. I haven't look at the epicenter. I did. The earthquake wasn't in the area with the mud volcanoes. So, I'm a boob...

Okay, enough about that. There is one thing I've been meaning to write about and I keep forgetting.
I want to applauded the Japanese. They have shut down their last nuclear power plant.

Bravo.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Its just had another one.

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 5.3
Date-Time

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 14:15:14 UTC
Monday, May 07, 2012 at 07:15:14 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 41.583°N, 46.746°E
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles)
Region AZERBAIJAN
Distances 10 km (6 miles) ESE of Zaqatala (Zakataly), Azerbaijan
104 km (64 miles) NNE of Ganca (Kirovabad), Azerbaijan
110 km (68 miles) ESE of T'elavi, Georgia
295 km (183 miles) WNW of BAKU, Azerbaijan
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 12.6 km (7.8 miles); depth +/- 4.6 km (2.9 miles)
Parameters NST=440, Nph=446, Dmin=168.1 km, Rmss=0.83 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=(unknown type), Version=B
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
PUTERMAN!

Hi mate! I am still trying to make sense of the Pacific Plate and what I see as an anomalous situation. Is it known or plausible for the main Pacific Plate to have a anti-clockwise momentum to it. I would see it as very slight (in the scheme of tectonic plates) but the only way I can make sense of the last ten years of surrounding quakes.

P

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yes indeed it is, at least in part. My impression is that overall the complete plate does indeed have an anti-clockwise rotation. As USA moves SW the PP moves NW but at JDF there is an anomaly because of the spreading ridge. The JDF plate is going E (ish) as the rest of the plate rotates NW towards Japan.

The problem is that when you drop down towards New Zealand the movement is also NW (ish) and I have never been able to get my head round how this can happen without there being a major push upwards or a big splitting apart somewhere other than the MPR.

I guess the problem is that the figures we get for the plate movements are the resultant so all we see is the one component, but it is actually two or more components that contribute..

Either that or they are lying about plate tectonics and it does not work. (Well I know it does not but neither do any of the other theories perfectly)

What should be happening in the yellow zone?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
All the Cascades volcano seismos are down again today having been intermittent for days now.

What is happening John?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I would assume in the yellow zone it would be rotating in a NS direction and anti - clockwise by the other two arrows and what they are doing ??? At least that's how my mind graphics see it playing out !

There's no land mass there is there ? Would be interesting to read quake reports from witnesses in that region to see if they say it felt like an up down movement rather than a side to side swaying .....
edit on 8-5-2012 by slidingdoor because: added word anti-clockwise

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

A few seem to be functional from the PNSN links. Although VALT on MSH is still giving an error.
Camp Shurman - Mt. Rainier
Muir - Mt Rainier
Mt Baker - West

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thanks, that is what I expected. Some of the models (I think) assume the plates are solid, I see them as having an tiny elastic quality. They are after all floating on magma. Think of it as being oil damped for want of a better analogy.

Just as there are rivers in the oceans (eg the great ocean conveyor) I propose that there are rivers running through the magma. What I see is the slight lateral twist movement has been keeping the East coast of the US and Canada safe. At some point it has to snap back! How the subduction zone snaps back will be telling. Compress enough magma and you may see the compression looking for a weak spot. This would be the Yellowstone group.

I truly truly hope we get a large number of smaller quakes rather than one big one but that is unlikely. Considering how many 6.0s it takes to equate to the force generated by a 8.0+ it is as unlikely as hell freezing.

The lateral twist has been released in all quadrants except one. If you look at the lateral movement it may also account for the strong activity around Indonesia even though the force is being transmitted through adjoining minor plates.

I see one of two possibilities, a split with the weak spot in the Hawaiian volcanic chain or a straight sudden correction along the aforementioned East coast regions.

Puterman, It is very easy to rubbish my opinions, I can do so myself.

If I may suggest, work from a positive position first, make your best guess and then try and rubbish it. I have been studying this for a long time as you know and I take a more all encompassing approach. I see the collective rather than the isolated.

The correction when it comes will be more powerful than any of the energy released in the other individual quadrants but definitely not the sum of them. My guess would be in the region of 8.5 to 9.2. The releases at present are low level and really will not make a difference.

Going to bed, it is late.

P

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is a screen grab I captured from the CalVO Medicine Lake Monitoring page yesterday. This seismometer is located in the caldera (Medicine Lake is a shield volcano in the northeastern corner of California).
From approximately 1500 thru 2200 UTC on the 6th (near the top of the thumbnail)--what is that? To me, it looks like a swarm of micro, miny, extremely tiny fractures.

Unfortunately, this seismos data is not publically available on IRIS.
Just curious. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

On a completely different front. I found webpage of earthquake sound recordings and thought I would share. The 1964 Good Friday quake went on for soooo long. Scary.
edit on 5/8/2012 by Olivine because: add a link

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join