It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Game Some Desire...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by concerned24
Yes, I am one of those people who anticipate the end. Without family a place to live and friends its a horrible life. Ive been in tears all day bc this holiday is so painful. Read somewhere today was supposed to be the real date of the end of the mayan calender. Like I suspected nothing happened but I was hopful. Thanks for understanding and explaining OP why some people might embrace the end. I know I do. But ill hang on as long as I have too. God bless

Were a brotherhood, youre never alone. Find what gives you your peace of mind, for some like me we find peace in God or some other ideal to believe in to give us faith. A hope for a better tomorow. Hope is all we have left in this world, if you've heard of the story of Pandora's box this goes hand in hand with that.

I don't believe the world is going to end in some disastrous doom and gloom event. In my faith our Savior King will return to light the way and show mankind how we were meant to live and what we were meant to be in 1000 years of peace where there will be no death, nor tears or sorrow, no babies being stillborn or living but a few days, no more disease or famine. On that day mankind will get to see what heaven is like, a place without war, hate or sorrow. I think thats what we all want, a world with true and lasting peace with no more fear.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

That is the exact attitude I was addressing....that if you are not happy with your life, fix it yourself...Sorry, but life isn't that simple, and yes, we may have more toys now than we did 100 years ago. However, if life went south 100 years ago, there was a way to survive without the system...

Tell me oh mighty sage of 'fix your own problem', if someone was down and out in, oh lets say....LA, how does one ink out a life? I agree that people think they are entitled.....However, I disagree that the problems are all THEIR creations of their own devise. Example, a family pays their mortgage regularly for ten years, and then has it taken away from them is not their fault....Yet, you feel that it is their responsibility to fix that themselves. Okay, I get it, Life craps in your yard, it is your job to clean the crap up....However, if Bob craps in your yard, is it still your job to clean it up? or Bob's? Because what I am feeling from your post is that you are forgiving those that do wrong, and turn the responsibility back on the victim, seems fair and just.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by concerned24
Yes, I am one of those people who anticipate the end. Without family a place to live and friends its a horrible life. Ive been in tears all day bc this holiday is so painful. Read somewhere today was supposed to be the real date of the end of the mayan calender. Like I suspected nothing happened but I was hopful. Thanks for understanding and explaining OP why some people might embrace the end. I know I do. But ill hang on as long as I have too. God bless

Were a brotherhood, youre never alone. Find what gives you your peace of mind, for some like me we find peace in God or some other ideal to believe in to give us faith. A hope for a better tomorow. Hope is all we have left in this world, if you've heard of the story of Pandora's box this goes hand in hand with that.

I don't believe the world is going to end in some disastrous doom and gloom event. In my faith our Savior King will return to light the way and show mankind how we were meant to live and what we were meant to be in 1000 years of peace where there will be no death, nor tears or sorrow, no babies being stillborn or living but a few days, no more disease or famine. On that day mankind will get to see what heaven is like, a place without war, hate or sorrow. I think thats what we all want, a world with true and lasting peace with no more fear.

Thank you for being the one to come to their support, I was just about to respond when I refreshed and saw your post....Very well put, no I don't believe that the world will end tomorrow from a comet or nibiru, or anything else.....Yet, this thread wasn't about the possibles....this thread is about the why we want to believe or are even open to the concept. The singular point of this thread was to explain why there is a subtle desire to end the status quo.

I can say with all openness, that my family and I have been to the point, were I have considered just checking out...that everything looked bleak with no real option or alternative except putting my wife and daughter on the street...Out situation was not driven by factors in our control, actually we did our best to try and control them, yet seemed the powers at be continued to find ways to curtail our efforts. I won't go into the details (for I know it will bore most), but it really felt like no matter what we did, it just wasn't good enough to get out of the hole.

These are the feelings that some have both consciously and subconsciously when they jump onto the next 'event'.....They desire change, and have gotten to the point that they will accept it in any form it may come, 'because anything has to be better than this'.....It isn't logical, but it is rational.

All this being said, I do believe that the extra-terrestrials are picking up the pace on their visits-yes, you can add me to that group....However, I don't believe they are hostile, in fact, I believe they are trying to figure out how to help us without freaking us out.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, I was considering the fact that tonight is the 24th....12-24-11. In less than 362 days the 'big day' will come, and who knows what will happen, if anything. It gives me perspective on where I am in life, and where I really want to be. I have a good mate, a great son, a roof over my head and a car to drive back and forth to school, which I will be graduating from in six months. I hope that if something does happen, may it strike quickly and with merciful clarity. If I am to go, then let it be, because I am not afraid of death. I still have to wonder, and because I wonder, I will be taking measures. I might not be able to do too much since I cannot afford a converted silo but I can do some serious gardening and rain conservation, as well as make the needed adjustments for another way to dump waste into the twin septic system out back. It never hurts to be prepared. There was a saying...better to be prepared for anything than five minutes late for everything.
My Mom was a hard core christian who really believed that jesus was coming back in her lifetime. Her mother had a sense that the world was going to end in hers. But the one thing is this, none of them ever did anything to prepare, because they thought they were going to be magically swept up in a rapture. Heh, mmmkay. I'd rather stick around for the next act. Its sure to be interesting! Save your seeds everyone, just in case. You never know when you might need them.
As long as your bases are covered, your children are happy, and you are too, then really, don't deny yourself the beauty of the day, splendor of the night skies, or a slice of cake or ice cream. Enjoy life, folks, without fear.
edit on 24-12-2011 by volafox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by volafox

you are spot on, encompassing another aspect to the 'fear-mongering'....those that bring up these topics are not necessarily doing anything other than bringing a concern of theirs to us....They have read, seen or heard a topic that either concerns them or intrigues them, and they want another opinion regarding it. "Dang guys, the guys at work were talking about this big asteriod....'.....I am not bringing it up here to cause more fear....on the contrary, i bring it up to get insight, because odds are, others have heard the same, and there might be someone here that can actually shed some light on it.

edit-which in itself, would alleviate that which the silent ones are fearing......glass half full, right?
edit on 24-12-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I agree with much of what you say.

A lot of people subconsciously want the reset button to be pushed.

I think we've advanced far enough to not be completely thrown back to the stone age by even a worst scenario global catastrophe. Recovery would be so quick that even the kind of post apocalyptic 'Mad Max' type society everyone assumes would emerge would exist only for a week or two at the most.

It really wouldnt turn out like people think. The main thing that is always overlooked is the absolute impossibility of such an event occuring in the first place.

I hate to state the obvious but the people who believe in the 'end times' or the apocalypse or whatever you want to call it. Vague impending doom for all of us nonsense. Invariably also believe in an omnipotent supernatural entity that created everything and who judges you when you die. Reality and facts are often strangers to these people.

Believing in something that clearly does not exist and expecting the impossible to happen at any minute seems like a pretty daft way to live. Whatever floats your boat. They have been doing this for a while. The world has been about to end for many years now. How many hundreds of years will it be before we hear the last of this idiocy?

Sometimes I wish the bloody world would end just to shut them all up.

Proof of Gods utter non existence lies in the fact that he seems to be happy to be represented by mentally unstable whacko's, maniacs and child molestors. That seems to sit ok with him. As do all the wars and atrocities.

God's lack of intervention in anything ever or lack of any evidence of his existence no matter how small can be explained simply by his non-existance and fictional nature.

Armageddon isn't going to happen in any form, real, cryptic, symbolic or otherwise. For the same reason. It was made up. It was invented, it's a story. It's fiction.It isn't part of REALITY

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Nothing truly ever ends.

Resets are overrated.

There are better options, and as such make them so.

There's a shadow on the sun.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I make records for a living.
I've seen a microcosm of the music industry mirror the collapse of the world around us. In fact, the reflection is stunning! It would seem that there is a profit in confusion; the more confusion, the more profit. Therefore, the best approach is to create problems and then offer solutions.
I work with recording artists who are being told by their management, "you're gonna have to figure out a new way to eat." Pretty brutal words for a 43 year old with a house & family to hear who's lived off his career since he was 17.
So here's whats happening:

A harsh departure of chasing money. Money is an energy source (thus the term: currency) and the "explosion" energy of money is non-renewable. No energy source can exist by itself, it must be transferred into something. Aside from getting out of debt, paying bills, staying alive and buying stuff - what are you living for? What is your life's passion? Do it and do it well.

Long story short - it's forcing people to look at the *other* thing that existed in their lives besides the next paycheck.
And for some, this is a heavy realization because it requires a healthy bit of soul searching and true introspection.

I'm writing about these related topics, saw this thread and figured it was relevant.

Be well. Live your life.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Bravo, OP! You did a great job explaining the feelings of many who just don't know how to say, "If this is progress, I want out."

Most, with even a pea-sized brain, can say, "yeah, people are living longer and we have more things", but most who are also honest can also say, "when people didn't live as long and didn't have as nice of things, it sure seems like they had more of a REAL life that could bring one happiness and satisfaction." The industrial revolution really did ruin humanity. It gave us great things, but at the cost of taking away our humanity itself.

I'm all for not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but if a real good idea don't arise to give us back our humanity along with this mass production, I want no part in it. Population growth wouldn't be a problem if we didn't mess with the natural order of humanity in the first place. Big governments, corporations, and mass production are all relatively new things on the human scene and they are ruining humanity and the planet. Sure, you had big empires in the past, but I'll bet they all fell because "the people" got sick of not being human anymore.

I think many, if not most, people want the reset button hit because they realize this life, this progress, is not living, it is not progress, and it makes one feel less human.

They can take their progressivism and do whatever, 'cause it's about as progressive as raising animals to defecate in a field to make more mushrooms to "expand my mind". That's how I feel about it!
edit on 12/25/2011 by HillbillyHippie1 because: I can...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97
reply to post by madhatr137

I agree with your point completely, and combined with Lurker's response sums it well.....We as humans never 'want' to back pedal on anything. That is the one thing that Humanity has perfected, we are fighters, we have a fighting spirit....For us to go backwards in technology and development, would be to concede defeat...And I believe that is a hard pill for most of us to swallow.....Must point wasn't so much that those were the only two options, just more of examples of the paths we have to choose.....Path 1: We continue down this line till we have truly become a Brave New World. Path 2: (for the so called fear mongers) Nibiru appears in the sky, causes un-predictable catastrophy (we end up in a spartan lifestyle, of each family group doing what it needs to survive).

If we don't go forward, it will be worse than a defeat. But even if we drop the ball, we have to go forward as long as there are two left to populate the species. There is a reason we were kicked out of the beautiful dream of tribalism. We had to go deep into individualism so as to come back to a new kind of collectivism, not based on coerced conformity but on conscious consent. We will develop a new model for social contract, and "society" will be able to progress unfettered by the interests of those who wish to profit, and unburdened by those who wish to control.

Each of us is a universe in ourselves, and it's high time we started choosing what kind of experience we want to allow to ourselves. Love, trust, and peace or fear, hatred and war. It's always been a simple choice. We can't be at war with the planet, with nature, without being at war with ourselves/each other (the same thing). I am learning to choose love. It goes against all my training in the matrix.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seamus
I am learning to choose love. It goes against all my training in the matrix.

If you ever need a hand in making this choice, if ever the burden becomes too great, you are not alone.

I will help you carry it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

We have to stop living in our own dark little world. We have to open our eyes and start seeing the light. If your light shines darkness, how dark is it inside of you? Stop living in fear, fear has to fear you!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gossamer

We have to stop living in our own dark little world. We have to open our eyes and start seeing the light. If your light shines darkness, how dark is it inside of you? Stop living in fear, fear has to fear you!

Uhm, okay, trying to understand your point, but having a bit of trouble with it....Did you reread it before posting? maybe you should edit it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by angus1745
Armageddon isn't going to happen in any form, real, cryptic, symbolic or otherwise. For the same reason. It was made up. It was invented, it's a story. It's fiction.It isn't part of REALITY

Armageddon means 'Armored Face' / 'Mask', as were used in Greek plays and before that time. Very fitting, since it's all a game = play. Hence, End Game. This Play is ending, the punchlines are given, loose ends are wrapped up that make the meaning and purpose of the whole show become clear. I'm done acting, though. Time to take off the mask and make-up, hit the showers, and go home to my real life again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join