It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

One person should only be so rich.

page: 13
32
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well like I previously stated there is an option called renouncement but no one has even said anything about being so unhappy that packing it up and high-tailing it out of the country is in order. So what is it that is keeping you unhappy socialists from parting ways with this terrible US capitalistic regime?

Please do not say the $450 bucks that you must pay to be processed? I believe that they will waive that for you in indigent cases but the 10 year tax payment is still in order...so is that it? That can't be it for all you have to do once you are in your socialist country of choice is to apply for welfare, then the US cannot tax what you choose not to make right?

My point is there is an open scheme to get out of this country if you are unhappy for ANY REASON(S).

Unhappy people should not complain on ATS about their welfare checks not being enough if there is a bigger check to get over seas...if the US government is not holding you back then what exactly is?




posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by s12345
 


Hmm let's put your theory into another perspective, a hypothetical if you will...

You are an Olympic runner and are in the top 1%, you got to that 1% by training non stop every day since you can remember, you've sacrificed a lot to get where you are, to be the best you can be.

Now, someone decides that things need to be "fairer" for everyone, so a cap is put in place and you are not allowed to run faster than this cap.

You've sacrificed many things and spent a lifetime to be the best and now you're being told you can't go out there and be the best you can be because it's not "fair"

Does that sound right?

Would it be right to tell Usain Bolt that he can't go out and run under 10 seconds?

This is exactly what you are proposing by capping peoples wealth.





Your example has no bearing on the current situation because being a fast runner is not at all bad while it is bad having a small minority in control of the planets "wealth" and using that control to manipulate the lives of those poorer than them.



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by s12345
 


Hmm let's put your theory into another perspective, a hypothetical if you will...

You are an Olympic runner and are in the top 1%, you got to that 1% by training non stop every day since you can remember, you've sacrificed a lot to get where you are, to be the best you can be.

Now, someone decides that things need to be "fairer" for everyone, so a cap is put in place and you are not allowed to run faster than this cap.

You've sacrificed many things and spent a lifetime to be the best and now you're being told you can't go out there and be the best you can be because it's not "fair"

Does that sound right?

Would it be right to tell Usain Bolt that he can't go out and run under 10 seconds?

This is exactly what you are proposing by capping peoples wealth.





Your example has no bearing on the current situation because being a fast runner is not at all bad while it is bad having a small minority in control of the planets "wealth" and using that control to manipulate the lives of those poorer than them.


Sounds to me like you are unhappy being an American with the rights, privileges and entitlements thereof. Have you ever considered renouncing your US citizenry?



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tippys Dad
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


I have no idea what you mean. But Merry Christmas.

Line 2 for good measure.


I apologize for the confusion my friend.

With all the struggling you had to do to get ahead, wouldn't it be a bit easier if you were helped up by your fellow man rather than being forced to compete with him?

Your position is one who has made it through the crucible and believes that he has been made better for the fire.

But the fire has only left scars, scars which you demand others endure since you had to.



Alchemist's still have not figured out that you cannot turn lead to gold.

It is either gold or lead as it is created.

The creator determines what is gold or lead, not foolish alchemist's.

The wise alchemist will do better to find the use most appropriate for lead, and the one most appropriate for gold.

May your everyday be Holy.


With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 25-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbarnhart

Originally posted by Unrealised
The biggest secret of economics is that Communism is a very powerful


yes. Just ask anyone living in North Korea

....AND China...!



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The argument that people will stop trying and civilization will stagnate if no individual can own more than 100 million is bizarre, do you not make a contribution, do you expect to ever obtain 100 million. Do you think that Professor Stephen Hawkings became a professor to become a billionaire, he wrote books and made millions but probably never thought of becoming a billionaire. It seems that the real problem is that the idea attacks some peoples dream of becoming super rich. Some how a a cap on wealth became about taking money of people not even near the peak of society wealth wise. The people who attack the idea based upon the statement that "you cannot have my money" should bear in mind their money would be left alone, they are the ones that would be better off.

Also some people cling to the idea that the very wealthy are some how better that everyone else and the poor lazy. People inherit wealth are these people saying that no one gets rich by inheritance: the rich are passing their money on. The idea that the poor are lazy is based on the idea that no one inherits wealth: they do inherit wealth and this makes life more difficult for the poor to gain wealth, there is not a level playing field. The rich want there children to have a better chance even if it means that rich and mediocre people own more than poor born highly motivated and intelligent people.

Surely the question is only: how could a cap on wealth be done?



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac

Your example has no bearing on the current situation because being a fast runner is not at all bad while it is bad having a small minority in control of the planets "wealth" and using that control to manipulate the lives of those poorer than them.



I believe that a huge part of the problem is in what people believe constitutes "wealth".

Everyone wants their cut of someone elses "wealth", and they believe that to be measured in financial standing.

Keep your wealth, and in the end write us from the great Beyond and let us know how much of it transferred there with you.

I don't care how much you have, or where or how you got it. What I really want to know is how much of it can you pack into that pine box with you?

That applies to people chasing their own dollars, as well as people chasing other people's dollars. Socialism is every bit as greed-based as capitalism is. They wants their WEALTH! They just take a different route - they want someone else to make it so they can take it.

Where they think they're going to take it TO I can't fathom. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, they want to put the bite on everyone else so they can get theirs.



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Uhh. Actually.....given the proper conditions....any Element can be converted into any other element or as another reality...Elements...ie...Lead, Gold. Hydrogen, Oxygen...etc...are comprised of both matter and energy.

As well the subparticles of the atoms protons, neutrons....are comprised of smaller quantum particles such as quarks, leptons, glueons....etc...that exist and not exist in a quasi-state of multiple divergent universal states.

Thus...your statement....Elements cannot be changed into other Elements just as many a KING hired alchemists to convert Lead into Gold....could not be done by them....but given proper conditions....ie....Heavy Elemental birth and conversion within the reaction of Supernovas....or an even neater trick....that is easily acomplished by some out of our Solar System....can't call them friends but....system visitors.....matter to energy conversion and interchange.

We know this exists as we see it happen all the time when we split or fuse specific elements and isotopes off to create either bombs or power.....the out of towners....needing to generate massive quantities of energy to represent mass in a Multidimentional state to get to and back to where they are going....know very well how to turn Lead into Energy then into a smaller quantity of Gold. Split Infinity



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


I'm actually with you on this one but I view it differently and take it in a different direction, please consider my version as I think I might learn something from your reply.

Making money with business "A", its like a game. To win the game you have to play a certain way and adhere to certain rules, lets say, defined by things like the industry you work in & the laws of the countries you operate under.

just because one person is winning that game and holds all the rewards, sure that seems unfair to the others playing the game, but wouldn't it be just as unfair to correct the situation by imposing unfairness on that winning person? if that is the case.... can't we just start a new game? isn't starting a new game & winning that one a preferable option to those 'losing' people in the first game?

could we compare it to say, renewable energy as a new industry for people to start new 'games' in?

is the problem really who has more money? or is it the rules of the game we can't use effectively to our own benefit?

has the game been rigged or changed in someway by the winners since they won all that time ago... is the game fixed?

somehow I think who has more or less money is a symptom and what we're discussing here is more like a treatment then a cure.

-TF



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
what is with this popular support in socialism i'm seeing?

its not even communism as many here are calling it, its just simply socialism. put bush back in power also on top of all that....



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Uhh. Actually.....given the proper conditions....any Element can be converted into any other element or as another reality...Elements...ie...Lead, Gold. Hydrogen, Oxygen...etc...are comprised of both matter and energy.


I said Alchemist's could not do it and Alchemist's would be wise to find the proper use for each element.

I did not say NO ONE could change the elements. They are fashioned in stars and need star like atmospheres to transmute.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
To me, Communism is the way of the future.

According to this site, Ignorance is frowned upon, but it is the prehistoric-like fear of Communism that, to me, is a blatant red-flag that people do not understand the true miracle that Communism could be for the World.

The biggest secret of economics is that Communism is a very powerful system.




Of course, in a sick and perverted system such as Imperialism, it is called, basically, The Devil.







Get educated and elect people who aren't in it for the money.



You've never been under a real communist system or you wouldn't promote it. People who come from former communist states could fill you in.



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kojack
what is with this popular support in socialism i'm seeing?

its not even communism as many here are calling it, its just simply socialism. put bush back in power also on top of all that....



POTUS Obama made it all popular and cool you know. I've seen an upsurge just in the time he's been President. Bunch of fools have no clue how disastrous it is.



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kojack
 


The movement has a strong ad campaign over the last decade and more. Kinda on the same lines here several years ago when we went to liberate iraq....the word despot was thrown around everywhere. So i used an online dictionary to compare despot to tyrant. When I typed "despot" in the search eng on it may have been the merriam webster site. it would return "progressive despotism" with a nice softer meaning.

An ad campaign for despots.



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Communism is something that should have been killed off long ago. It's worth fighting a war over.
edit on 25-12-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Uhh. Actually.....given the proper conditions....any Element can be converted into any other element or as another reality...Elements...ie...Lead, Gold. Hydrogen, Oxygen...etc...are comprised of both matter and energy.


I said Alchemist's could not do it and Alchemist's would be wise to find the proper use for each element.

I did not say NO ONE could change the elements. They are fashioned in stars and need star like atmospheres to transmute.

With Love,

Your Brother


Actually...I am kind of digging your vibe right now. I wish people would be nicer to each other. This is sort of hypocracy from me as although I am a Musician...a good one at that....I am also something else....much darker...but requested to work and I almost always say yes....because it is for the greater good...although it sucks to be the individual who must be burned to save many.

It is Christmas and I want to be upbeat. I love people and I hate people. I see what people can be and watch them throw it all away and become something warped....something wrong. That's where I come in....and in an attempt to balance things out....I loose a bit of myself in the process. Wish I could explain. Split Infinity



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
The argument that people will stop trying and civilization will stagnate if no individual can own more than 100 million is bizarre, do you not make a contribution, do you expect to ever obtain 100 million. Do you think that Professor Stephen Hawkings became a professor to become a billionaire, he wrote books and made millions but probably never thought of becoming a billionaire. It seems that the real problem is that the idea attacks some peoples dream of becoming super rich. Some how a a cap on wealth became about taking money of people not even near the peak of society wealth wise. The people who attack the idea based upon the statement that "you cannot have my money" should bear in mind their money would be left alone, they are the ones that would be better off.

Also some people cling to the idea that the very wealthy are some how better that everyone else and the poor lazy. People inherit wealth are these people saying that no one gets rich by inheritance: the rich are passing their money on. The idea that the poor are lazy is based on the idea that no one inherits wealth: they do inherit wealth and this makes life more difficult for the poor to gain wealth, there is not a level playing field. The rich want there children to have a better chance even if it means that rich and mediocre people own more than poor born highly motivated and intelligent people.

Surely the question is only: how could a cap on wealth be done?




Yes, it sounds like that someone might be you. If you felt better about your own self you wouldn't have to worry about what other people have or don't have. The wealth of of wisdom and love is always within.
Just imagine you are a saint who took the vow of poverty, then it won't matter to you if Soros has a gazillion bucks because you know he can't take it with him where he's going.



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Yes, it sounds like that someone might be you. If you felt better about your own self you wouldn't have to worry about what other people have or don't have.


If you care about yourself, you would care that your fellow man had all that he needed. Then you would not have to put a man on watch to protect your house from the thief.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Wish I could explain. Split Infinity


You never have to explain yourself to me my friend.

You are what you are, and I am no better than anyone.

If you need help, I will gladly give it.

Have a blessed Holy day.

Everyday.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by s12345
 



People never surpises me..I have been around the world, and have seen first hand how true socialist and communist live...or should I say the people of these countrys. be it a strong country or just starting out in there endevors, just ask the people (when the secret police aren't around) how great there lives are.

most of the achievements made in the former soviet russia where the property of the Soviet Government,,,no single person ewver got credit for what they had done. so if you are one who like a pat on the back from your boss, teacher, whatever you can forget it. When you put a cap on what people can do,make, think then you lose the spark of the people. why stick your neck out to take risks if you lose your head.

for example, look at the welfare program here in the states, there are several generations that have lived on this program, why becasue they have learned why work when I can get what I need for free.

there once was a proverb that most people lived by....give a man a fish and he eats for a day...teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time....however these socalisitic ideals have people believing give a man a fish everyday, while you continue fishing to feed yourself and them.

I am sick of hearing from people that the rich don't pay their fair share, specially from people that don't pay anything into taxes, and get all these child credits. I am not rich, in fact I hardly pay anything to taxes, but I done hold my lot in life against someone that have more than me. Just grow up, unlike what your new age teachers tell you, life is not fair, there are winners and losers, and sometimes you have to pick yourself up and dust off and start over again. I have done it, others have had to do it. If you don't you fail, if you do you can suceed to fail again.




top topics



 
32
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join