It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich Fails to Qualify for Virginia's Presidential Primary

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Newt Gingrich will not be on the ballot for Virginia's Republican presidential primary after failing to gain the required 10,000 signatures to qualify, the Republican Party of Virginia announced early Saturday.

"After verification, RPV has determined that Newt Gingrich did not submit required 10k signatures and has not qualified for the VA primary," the party said on its Twitter feed just after 2:30am local time.

The former House Speaker had submitted 11,050 signatures to the State Board of Elections by Thursday's 5:00pm deadline and they were turned over to the state GOP for certification, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

On Friday the state's Republican Party announced that Texas Gov. Rick Perry had also failed to qualify for the primary, which is to be held on Super Tuesday, March 6. Perry had submitted 11,911 signatures for verification.

www.foxnews.com...

Ha. Like I said, it's over Newt!

Ron Paul qualified.

Can't win if you're not on the ballot, Newt, or didn't they teach you that in high school? Oh, that's right, you were playing show and tell instead? Uh huh. Old habits die hard. In your case they never died.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
In lieu of Newt what we need is a good old fashion American Racist............Ron Paul anyone??????

IM Joking....Just beating people to the punch, because that's the only ammo anyone has.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The former House Speaker had submitted 11,050 signatures to the State Board of Elections by Thursday's 5:00pm deadline and they were turned over to the state GOP for certification, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported.

On Friday the state's Republican Party announced that Texas Gov. Rick Perry had also failed to qualify for the primary, which is to be held on Super Tuesday, March 6. Perry had submitted 11,911 signatures for verification.

so this means that the signatures that newt and perry submitted did not meet the requirements? were they phony signatures? people not in the correct districts?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Epic.

Way to go Virginia!

Newt probably had too much dead people's signatures.
You bet this is going to court (they've got time after all, the Virginia primary is only on March 6)

Also :
Bachmann, Huntsman and Santorum fail to make the ballot

So it's Paul VS Romney in Virginia!
edit on 24-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

would you mind telling me the importance of this? i have a passing interest in the american system but lack the understanding of significance regarding these failures to satisfy a number count. does this mean it is all over for newton? a minor or major setback?
regards fakedirt

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

"Meanwhile, Ray Sullivan, Perry's communications director, said the campaign was trying to determine if they would challenge the ruling."

"We will closely review the facts and law to determine whether an appeal or challenge is warranted. This is an isolated situation and does not impact Gov. Perry qualifying for the ballot in every other state."
Well looks like Perry failed to meet the qualification as well in VA, but hes campaigners are probably going to appeal (AKA bribe) his way back in

Sooo my question now is how does this effect the primary results in VA, does that leave Romney and Ron Paul in the lead ?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt
reply to post by TrueAmerican

would you mind telling me the importance of this? i have a passing interest in the american system but lack the understanding of significance regarding these failures to satisfy a number count. does this mean it is all over for newton? a minor or major setback?
regards fakedirt

what it means is that when the republican primary begins in Virginia, the only way for Perry, or Gingrich supporters to vote for him would be to write him in, if that is an option in Virginia. that is of course if they cant get the decision reversed.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If Ron Paul can annihilate Romney in Virginia, that will prove that Paul can win the nomination...

I wonder what's the percentage of electronic voting machines in Virginia...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
So these two clowns, can't complete one of the most important parts of becoming president, yet we are expected to trust them to make the right decisions as president?

I hope as we get closer to the 2012 elections the choice becomes more obvious for others.

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

the most interesting part is not the fact that he didn't have enough signatures, but something else within the signatures caused these two to not meet the requirements to be on the ballot.

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Perhaps an exit strategy to save face.

Could it be their easy way out or some other plan has been set in motion that does not include their participation.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I heard this this morning and it made me so happy...think of it the media darling cannot get enough signatures to appear on a primary ballot in a key conservative state....I just want to laugh...until I think of the electronic voting and how they stole another election. I hope that if they try that this time...we go apecoprolite on them!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I mentioned this in another thread about this topic...

I have a theory that some Presidential Candidates enter the Primaries for a variety of reason, but one of them is to NOT win the Nomination.

In my theory, which I do not find very far fetched at all but I can not prove, some Candidates only enter for exposure and to get their name out on the National Stage as part of a plan for a future run. Some Candidates only enter to help split votes, thus ensuring that chosen Politicians move on to the general election.

I have suspected Newt was only here to help split votes. I believe Huntsman and Santorum are only in this for the name recognition and exposure and that we can expect to see a future more aggressive run at the Presidency in the future.

As I said, I do not think it is a far out theory and I actually think this article supports that theory. Virgina's primary is not until March of 2012. Why would anyone make an effort to get on that ballot if they had no intention of still being in the race by March? Santorum is not on it, Newt is not on it, Bachman is not on it, Perry and Huntsman are not on it. Just two people, Romney (who many of us believe is the Establishment Candidate and chosen one to run against Obama in 2012) and Ron Paul.

Interesting no?

and just for fun, I will make a prediction here and now. Come 2015 we will see a real run for the Presidency from both Huntsman and Santorum, provided nothing extreme and/or negative throws them into the spotlight beforehand. Simply put... this is all part of the dog and pony show. It's entertainment.
edit on 24-12-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Isn't Virginia a big one? I know it was throughout history. Not sure about these days. Iowa is big talk these days which I never thought would have been...
edit on 24-12-2011 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I agree, I want to take it one step further and say some candidates are there to disillusion a lot of the voters.
remember a lot of people don't want to vote anymore because of the Obama lie.
so they fail to see there is a good choice for America in this election because of all the clowns parading about the MSM. a lot of people will glance over at this and say that they are collectively a bunch of clowns without considering ron paul, if they havent heard of him by now and what he stands for, then they dont deserve it

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The issue is that Virginia has 11 precincts and each person has to have 400 signatures from each precinct. They may have 10,000 signatures, but if there isn't at least 400 from each, then they don't qualify. Also, Virginia doesn't allow write-ins (that was Newt's next strategy..won't work), so that leaves them both totally out of the running. Newt's campaign manager stated that there's 'something wrong with a system where four of the top six frontrunners can't qualify', of course, blaming it all on someone else. go figure.
Ron Paul can beat Romney...and will!! GO RON PAUL!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone!
May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you.
***** **** @@@ ### $$$ +++

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

for the reply.
i suppose that until it is nailed to the barn door there is still chance for newtonperry to join the party. is there a stratergy at play with this because i don't think they would shoot their own big toe off?
interesting stuff.
fakedirt

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Newt is dead and cooked alive. I am really concerned about NH primary which is a week after Iowa. I really hope that RP can win Iowa and that propels him to win NH, but Romney is still in the lead in NH...its making me really nervous.

top topics

join