Barack Obama: Best President in History.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OP, that is some of the best Satire that I have read in a long time! You really had me going for a moment there. Have you considered writing for the Onion?

Good job!!!

Perhaps one day we really will get a leader that is truly concerned for the people instead of a megalomaniacal narcissist who is bent on destroying any liberties that we have left.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Will you please list his accomplishments for me, with sources? Thanks.
edit on 24-12-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

Oh jeeze... not this again.....facts...everyone wants facts. OK here is the Obama fact sheet:

stpeteforpeace.org...

I have to admit, I checked this one suspecting drink posting. (which I myself was guilty of back when i was drinking) But the quality of educated satire is....superb.
edit on 24-12-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by angus1745

Surely at least a dozen rabid racist Obama haters will tell me how wrong they think I am within minutes. Yawn. I cant wait.

Tons of black people are already tired of Obama.... Are they self hating racists??

Hey i resentsemble that comment...but then again i'm only brown. But then again I also knew better than to vote for him or I would be very self hating right now. Oh wait a min. Obama is only brown too.....carry on

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

I almost fell of my chair laughing. You trying to get brownie points to help make sure you don't turn up in "infinite" detention. Or are you already part of the "administration?"

But consider the thread title and OP, isn't that an insult to every other president of the US, especially the ones considered to be actually good and even the really bad ones?

Chairs (or is it Cheers) - Dave

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

We the REAL people stand behind you as always.

This is how all totalitarians think.

If you agree with them, you are a "real person".

If you disagree with them, you are sub-human.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I wasn't going to grace this thread with a pearl of my wisdom, but then I thought, "What the hell."

While I strongly disagree with the OP's premise, I would like to add that if Obama does what he wants to do, he'll certainly be our last president. Simply because there won't be an America anymore.

Palin/Kardashian 2012

Kim or Courtney, Beez? Experience matters to me.
2nd line, funny bunny.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Bizarro agree with OP.
Bizarro also agree that up is down and green is red.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I am going to practice good etiquette here, and also partake of some good Christmas Eve spirit by ignoring the fact that I even took time to write this response.

ATS should require a rorschach test as a condition of membership.

Wait...that was bad etiquette. I am sorry.

Counting to 10. 1....2....3.....4....5..... OK> I CAN'T HOLD BACK!

Little guy on my shoulder, "yes you can...remain calm....it is Xmas Eve...he is trying to bait you..."

Ok. 6.....7......8.....9.....

WTF. OP -- You need psychological help.

I feel better now.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

you sir are trolling, plain and simple. we all know what obama is up to, and what he hasn't done for this country, so please take your thread elsewhere......

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I hear there is some rampant muppet called 'Ron Paul' on the loose. I have no idea what he looks like but the rabid following is reminiscent of Ross Perot.

Ross Perot was our best choice for president in the last 30 years. Everything he railed against has come true and truly bitten the middle class of this country in the rear.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What annoys me is that he is setting up reforms that will not show quantifiable benefits until after he is long gone.

Its a myth that his effects wont be felt until the next prez takes office or that the current effects are from the last prez.

For example, if my total payroll tax burder was stopped immediately...the effect would be seen and felt by me right away.....not in four to eight years.

Your grossly brainwashed.

Im actually embarassed for you....
edit on 24-12-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
the best president ever? = what drugs you selling or consuming? the very phrase makes you a criminal

your idea of the best ever president is equivalent, to teleporting Jesus to 2011 and assigning him senior programmer for an I.T company, catch my drift mo-fo?

obama = the voice of the workshy, ill-educated leeches. the bum vote that really ended up supporting an ever increasing bum population. no source needed for that accomplishment!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Obama had already done that at a high school recently, he said the "four fathers of the united stated were all wrong", just shows his level of education, had he paid attention in class, he'd learn that there wasn't just 4 fathers, but then again that comes from a man who doesn't quite who know who his own father is! let alone where he was born(Russia)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

What annoys me is that he is setting up reforms that will not show quantifiable benefits until after he is long gone. Most people have a hard time either understanding that and getting their heads round an administration doing something like that. No president before even bothered to try and legislate with the future in mind

This was a shocker to me...
Could you help me understand your position by naming some of these 'reforms' you're talking about?

It's ok...I'll wait.......... lol
edit on 24-12-2011 by bojimbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

What annoys me is that he is setting up reforms that will not show quantifiable benefits until after he is long gone.

Its a myth that his effects wont be felt until the next prez takes office or that the current effects are from the last prez.

For example, if my total payroll tax burder was stopped immediately...the effect would be seen and felt by me right away.....not in four to eight years.

Your grossly brainwashed.

Im actually embarassed for you....
edit on 24-12-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

That's one thing the 111th Congress (2009/2010) failed on.

They had the chance to do many immediate corrections, but failed.

Most legislation has negative impacts on the majority of citizens.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's so sad some of the comments directed at me for my positive opinion of Obama.

I'm insane, on drugs, I need help and I'm a criminal. Either that or the attitude is I'm a troll or I am some kind of deranged idiot for thinking he is doing a good job.

The healthcare issue is an example of how mass stupidity and conservative fear of change lies down in the path of progress. Oh it's so awful that poor people will not die from not being able to afford proper healthcare anymore. The toys come out of the pram when all the selfish republicans and greedy upper class realised they would have to pay for this with tax increases. That's what I mean by reforms once it is working properly it will be a very good thing for the entire country. Tough # if higher taxes bother you, I'd rather know my kids kids will not die if they get sick and cant afford healthcare one day. Sorry but that's important. Higher taxes are not and are necessary. You all want everything to magically get better and the economy to improve you just don't want to pay for it. It's so sad everyone has to be dragged kicking and screaming to a better place like this.

No not everyone who hates him is racist, I'm sure plenty of black people despise him too. Racism does fuel some of the more rabid opponents and some people are doing it on a subconscious level, their upbringing automatically causing this knee-jerk reaction to dissaprove of the guy and to expect and to look for mistakes and ways to demonise him. Some people are just republicans their only function in life is to whine. A democrat in office gives these people the reason to get up in the morning. It gives them purpose.

That whole birth certificate carry-on is just what I mean. That was so offensive and insulting and just shows the mentality of this movement of anti Obama nutters. It's just sad how I seem to be alone in thinking he will be looked back on as one of, if not the best Presidents to date. The # he is putting up with is the same kind of oppositional political agenda driven mass hysteria bullcrap that caused returning Vietnam soldiers to be treated like dirt by everyone in the early 1970s. It's kind of disturbing.

Was Reagan the worst president ever? Certainly not, but just like with Obama today, at the time popular opinion was that he was. Not only was he destroying America he was going to cause a Nuclear war! according to them. What he actually did was end the Cold War. Who bitches about Reagan anymore? Nobody. They were all wrong.

I feel pretty confident this post and my opinions will not look as crazy as a lot of you paint it as in a few years time.

Some of the posts in this thread are a wee bit unhinged. Some of you really dont like him much. Especially mindbending is the suggestion that I am doing this to 'keep in his good books' or to avoid being locked up or blown up etc. Really??

The Comic book mentality is pretty infantile. It's only politics. The way some carry on you'd think he was trying to take over the planet and murder all of us or something.

..and I'm the crazy one?

Sorry but I deny Ignorance.

Merry Christmas All.
edit on 24-12-2011 by angus1745 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The healthcare issue is an example of how mass stupidity and conservative fear of change lies down in the path of progress. Oh it's so awful that poor people will not die from not being able to afford proper healthcare anymore.

I ask for some detailed info on just how the HC legislation will benefit the majority of citizens.

I ask for some examples of this "conservative fear of change".

I ask for some examples of how poor people won't die from not being able to afford proper healthcare.
Poor people can easily obtain Medicaid in all States.
Public assistance provides benefits for the poor.
If poor people are "poor", how can they afford the already increasing HC rates ?

The HC "reform" may actually increase the Medicaid enrollments.
Who pays for all that?

Please explain how a bankrupt nation can demand that citizens fund continuing legislation that adds to the debt. People already owe a debt that increases by $140 per week per citizen.
How would Obama propose to balance that debt? I don't recall any statements to address THAT !

General statements and wild theories don't solve the problem.

The toys come out of the pram when all the selfish republicans and greedy upper class realised they would have to pay for this with tax increases.

So why did the 111th Congress not raise taxes on the "rich" when they had the chance.

They always add extra side legislation to bills.

Why was a tax increase on the "rich" not added to the HC bill ?

I never heard Obama insist on that during the HC debates.
Nor did I hear Pelosi or Reid insist on it either.

They bring it up after the House lost a Dem majority, making it near impossible now.
Hmmm.

Makes people wonder who's side Obama and Co. are really on.

Could it be that the politicians have passed laws that will benefit the "rich" in the long run while not helping the Majority of citizens at all ?

Insurance companies and medical corporations are the only ones that will recieve "added" benefits.
All in the form of money.
Your money.

edit on Dec-25-2011 by xuenchen because: Who else is sick of paying for insanity?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Higher taxes are not and are necessary

Can you clarify with realistic examples ?

You all want everything to magically get better and the economy to improve you just don't want to pay for it. It's so sad everyone has to be dragged kicking and screaming to a better place like this.

With the gigantic amount of money that has left the coffers of our government and disappeared into the cracks of the world corporations (much of it by legislation !), I would say we already have paid.

I'd rather know my kids kids will not die become debt slaves if they get sick and cant afford healthcare can't pay the national debt one day.

It would so sad if future generations had to be dragged kicking and screaming from a better place like their parents and grandparents once had.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

We all would like to know where and how the HC law will help this problem:

CHICAGO/NEW YORK (Reuters) - On a recent shift at a Chicago emergency department, Dr. William Sullivan treated a newly homeless patient who was threatening to kill himself.

"He had been homeless for about two weeks. He hadn't showered or eaten a lot. He asked if we had a meal tray," said Sullivan, a physician at the University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago and a past president of the Illinois College of Emergency Physicians.

Sullivan said the man kept repeating that he wanted to kill himself. "It seemed almost as if he was interested in being admitted."

Across the country, doctors like Sullivan are facing a spike in psychiatric emergencies - attempted suicide, severe depression, psychosis - as states slash mental health services and the country's worst economic crisis since the Great Depression takes its toll.

This trend is taxing emergency rooms already overburdened by uninsured patients who wait until ailments become acute before seeking treatment.

"These are people without a previous psychiatric history who are coming in and telling us they've lost their jobs, they've lost sometimes their homes, they can't provide for their families, and they are becoming severely depressed," said Dr. Felicia Smith, director of the acute psychiatric service at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.

Increased demand in mental health services

How do these people get insurance?
What has Obama done about this outrage?

Mentally ill flood ER as states cut services

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join