It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoppers unhinge doors at US mall to buy new Nike shoe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
It's the ones out there that can't afford them that you need to watch.

I would be very scared if my kids were walking around in a pair of them. It's obvious you will risk being mugged over them.

True that

As for the guy in the video who describes the crowd's behaviour as "unexplainable"...
Media mind control.

Remember Black Friday!!!t

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Americans - Don't even have good taste in footwear

They look like ghetto moonshoes, are these shoppers aspiring astronauts?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

What is wrong with you? You have ``zero`` understanding of shoe game if you actually think that way.

edit on 24-12-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

A new pair costs about $180 (£115), but they are already being listed on eBay for as much as $605.

Damn it
I Knew I should have got a few pair
I could use that money

When Fukushima happened Potassium Iodide pills were sold out and a $10 bottle went for $300.00 on ebay, and gieger counters

I really need to pay more attention to these marketing opportunities

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

What is wrong with you? You have ``zero`` understanding of shoe game if you actually think that way.

I understand that people who wear those types of basketball shoes look like they have a medical condition that renders their feet too big for their body.

In America such footwear might be normal, I can assure you in the rest of the world you look like clowns - Literally. You look like you're wearing shoes that are 3 sizes too big.

I suppose that's American fashion for you though. You even buy fitted caps that are a few sizes too big, and thus, not fitted in any technical sense

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Maybe it's time someone got hold of a pair & burned them in full view of the crowd. Anyone on ATS man enough to get down there, make the statement & video the whole thing? Man, that would go viral...

You would be dead before you could light them up

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Literally. You look like you're wearing shoes that are 3 sizes too big.

How do you know what my feet look like in my shoes?

You have never seen them.

You act like Europeans don't wear sneakers, but I visit Sweden a lot and sneakers seem pretty common to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Totally worth it!

Why? What do they do for you? Get to brag that you got a pair? Well let us know when they rip you off...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
The only thing good about the holidays is having a few days off from work.

Thats about it anymore.

And Ditto, Hang. Star. May everyone experience a politically correct
and noticable winter solstice industrial shutdown interlude, comrades.
For those few of us who still have a pulse and a couple of human synapses
in our tripe-like substance to rub together after all this, Happy Holidays.

I really believe while awash in it, we're in roughly the same place Russia
was 95 years ago. The rulers were about to be liquidated by the Illuminati--
the whole Romanoff family. This time, "they" are preparing the same job
for Amerika's, We the People. From the neck up, "they" already did the job.
Thr rest of it entails smoothing off the bottom of the pyramid with a hammer
and sickle.
My biggest regret since reaching 40 ( .. a LONG time ago) was before taking
so long in Mr. Adam's tap room, and instead not reading what he wrote.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well let us know when they rip you off...

What?

That doesn't make any sense.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop
I suppose that's American fashion for you though. You even buy fitted caps that are a few sizes too big, and thus, not fitted in any technical sense

Whats wrong with American Fashion?

or Hero Worship?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

but Jordan was bald? lol. I actually wonder if thats really how people see the basketball stars of yesterday who did rock out with those afros. The Julius Irvings, the Kareem Abdul Jubars...The Wilt Chamberlains....men who broke real boundaries and werent in it for the endorsements. Shame that legacy is reduced to so much clowishness by those who find humor in the way they looked...especially their hair.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Literally. You look like you're wearing shoes that are 3 sizes too big.

How do you know what my feet look like in my shoes?

You have never seen them.

You act like Europeans don't wear sneakers, but I visit Sweden a lot and sneakers seem pretty common to me.

Lol there's nothing wrong with 'sneakers', I'm wearing a crisp pair of 3-stripes right now. But they fit me, and they look like they fit me, more importantly.

My problem is with sneakers, usually mid or high-top basketball sneakers, that even when fitting well, look like clown shoes. Jordans are a PERFECT example. 99% of people wearing Jordans look like they're wearing sneakers that are the wrong size.

If you've grown up with them you aren't going to notice it. You're accustomed to wearing basketball sneakers that look humongous, to me and many others it's hilarious. Because that's what I see, I see a clown or an astronaut. Legit basketball shoes should only be wore be freakishly tall people, normal human beings wearing said shoes just look like they're wearing shoes that are the wrong size

Unless like I mentioned you are pretty tall, you're going to look like a clown in basketball sneakers. Because most of them look like moon-boots.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
reply to post by zorgon

but Jordan was bald? lol. I actually wonder if thats really how people see the basketball stars of yesterday who did rock out with those afros. The Julius Irvings, the Kareem Abdul Jubars...The Wilt Chamberlains....men who broke real boundaries and werent in it for the endorsements. Shame that legacy is reduced to so much clowishness by those who find humor in the way they looked...especially their hair.

I'm fairly certain he posted that picture just because the shoe size is exaggerated, which is what I was talking about.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

When I was a kid...this was in like 91...I was a huge Knicks fan. My mom got me a pair of Patrick Ewings. I was ecstatic. A few weeks of wearing them and to the back of the closet they went. I felt like Frankenstein, lol. Its funny because all the real heavyweights of the game made themselves legendary in things like Chuck Taylor's. You didnt need shoes that made you run faster or jump higher.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So do these people represent the 99% ? Do the people of black friday represent the 99 % ?
People whine and cry about 1% it is the 99% who makes these people rich.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
pathetic

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ok, now I'm just offended...... freakishly tall people, what does the even mean?! How tall is ``freakishly tall``? I'm 6'7 so am I a freak?!

normal human beings

There's nothing abnormal about me!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i've never seen someone actually break down a door, let alone hundreds, to give their money away to buy a cheap chinese made, poor quality product that cost nike 45 cents per unit to produce, ship and distribute.

since jordan's arrogance and ego have no visible limit, he must feel very proud of himself.

but what happens when the first news report comes out that someone was found bare feet, riddled with bullets going back home from school in an apparent shoe robbery.

all according to plan. apple is enslaving white geeks and nike is enslaving the black inner city,

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Ok, now I'm just offended...... freakishly tall people, what does the even mean?! How tall is ``freakishly tall``? I'm 6'7 so am I a freak?!

normal human beings

There's nothing abnormal about me!

No need to be offended, the language I'm using is fair. Freakishly is defined as being abnormal or unusual. I'm sure you can accept as a man of 6'7 that you're not normal or usual in height. Please understand that freak doesn't necessarily hold the same meaning all over the world. Freak is often in Europe used with positive connotations, a dominant athlete might be described as a "freak" for example

You might be well developed in height but you need to step your banter level up

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join