It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law of attraction available to all ATSers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

First, I do believe in a collective unconscious. Shoot for that matter I even believe in the Akashic Records.

I believe in the Golden Rule. Although I am cynical if we sometimes mistake cause and effect. For instance, if I emit positive vibes of love and happiness. Perhaps, perhaps, that makes me less aware of negative vibes trying to affect me while enhancing my awareness of the good. That does not mean that by emitting love and positiveness that I am attracting love and positiveness. It just means that I notice it more, and it would be easy to claim that my attitude "caused" my happiness when it was really "affecting" it.

The takeaway that I get from the video is that people should be wary of this. As the video mentions it is really an ingenious tool to keep society complacent. The implication is that if you see something wrong then you just need to stay positive and it will change.

"People crashed into the WTC! Everyone think happy thoughts and it will go away; pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Templeton
The takeaway that I get from the video is that people should be wary of this. As the video mentions it is really an ingenious tool to keep society complacent. The implication is that if you see something wrong then you just need to stay positive and it will change.

I agree, but then can society be anymore complacent than it already is?

As you describe it, it sounds more like an evolution of the Protestant work ethic, and I suppose, in a way it is, in secular form...as you describe it though, it is far more passive that the PWE ever was intended to be. From what I have seen of it, there is generally some measure of success to the lives of those 'success stories' and therefore some causality and correlation...and never of course any real exploration of whether there are any repercussions to those gains...who had to die for them to get that inheritance? Which desperate and needy person was going to get that cheque before you made them send it to you with your positive thoughts? Did you really need it, or did you just want it?

So that's my issue with people playing with these things, every action has an equal and opposite reaction I think I may have heard somewhere...is that correct? And if it is...well then it is.

Personally, I prefer to know that my gains are earned, as long as I am able to, after which point I intend to die.

As a force for change, societal, it needs to be used collectively, otherwise it is just wasted on people feathering their own nests without concern of who's nest is being depleted. Me-me-me-ing is the most effective form of crowd control, keeping up with the Jones', is the dividing conqueror of the middle-classes. That, and the fear that keeps bums stuck to sofa, eyes glued to the TV, praying that their numbers'll come up and they can escape from all this and live safe amongst the rich and famous....

All of it operates within the same system...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Originally posted by Kandinsky

It'd be really nice if this type of thinking worked.

It'd mean people with Parkinson's or leukaemia could concentrate them away. It'd mean the dirt poor could be as comfortably-off as those with their own homes and cars. Kids could *will* their parents not to fight and to stay together. Lots of good stuff...

The thing is, if you believe in the 'law of attraction,' all these people must deserve what they get through concentrating on bad things right? So when Mom's dying of a terminal illness and the treatments just don't seem to be working, well...she isn't focusing enough huh? Sorry kids, your Mom doesn't want to live or she'd get better. Hey homeless people! Stop whining and concentrate more!

I could mention victims of rape and abuse, but you probably get it already.

So if someone wrote a book about this and promised results, the blame for not *succeeding* is the fault of the customer and not the seller. It used to be called selling snake-oil.

It's not a matter of deserving what you get or not. In theory, yes if you have shreds of doubt you will not receive your results. Of course, it is very difficult NOT to have any doubts. That is kind of the concept though. No doubts. If you had 100% no doubts you will, in theory, be able to achieve anything you desire. We all have doubts though, don't we?

As for disease, it is now been proven that 90% of disease is caused by stress. Stress is caused by negative thought process. Negative thoughts are a result of being pessimistic. There are many examples of this, of course I will choose to use the one that most people will respond strongly too
When George Bush and his wife were in office they both developed thyroid disorders. Sounds like it would be contagious if they both got it, right? Well, no, it was just a result of being in a stressful situation. I'm sure being the President of the United States is not the most stress free job.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, do they not? Do the rich feel and focus on their abundance of money? Yes, and in return that attracts more. Do poor people focus on the fact that they have NO money? Yes, and in return they continually manifest their state of having no money.

As for your example of kids "willing" their parents not to fight, that is not necessarily true. They could, perhaps, manifest a life situation that would result in their parents not fighting but you can not simply change the mind set of someone else just because of your own intention. That goes against the golden gift of free will, what the "Law' of Attraction" is based around.

I know it may sounds like a harsh reality in where someone could possibly manifest their own ill-health but there is more truth to it than none. Accidents do happen, and no one is to blame anyone for their negative thinking in this day-and-age (or any age, for that matter). The good thing is we also have the ability to use that tool to our advantage. Turn your reality around.

i like reading the ABRAHAM HICKS stuff...and regarding people who get sick, etc...abraham talks about creating by default....or unconsciously

so no one is there day by day trying to be SICK in 99% of cases unless you are insane

so even if you don't believe in this law of attraction stuff..how many things every day, month, week, and year are being done unconsciously by you or subconsciously.

better make sure you are OK with those things because they could help let something manifest

so what is wrong at taking some control back and directing your thoughts ?

the ISSUE many have with the law of attraction stuff...and I agree..is that the powers that BE seemed to have allowed the Secret phenom really take off...right before the 2007 housing crash and then 2008 financial crisis

no one has been put in jail over this or lost their lives over it who helped create it on wall st and all over the world

the cabal knows this...and i suspect they wanted it out

they knew that the positive people left like us would remember....you create your own reality

so therefore we would lay down and not pursue those who created the crash and now outcomes...because "its negative!!!
"

so yes...look for positive and create your own reality..but realize we will never move forward as a species when we constantly pretend its xmas everyday either. there are people who will use these natural laws against YOU and the earth and they have proven it.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

"Acclaimed journalist, author and political activist Barbara Ehrenreich explores the darker side of positive thinking."

Please watch this.

omg what year was this? she NAILS IT...about a year ago i came up with this same idea about this whole movement..that it really IS a brilliant social control to help the elitist cabals do their dirty deeds. so nice to see others who can see it too...even though i do like the overall message of law of attraction and vibration

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

So if everybodys resources are BS, and everybody else is just spewin BS, why do you bother replying or posting anything. Why talk to someone who can't back up what they say.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

"People crashed into the WTC! Everyone think happy thoughts and it will go away; pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

The whole debate surrounding 9/11 is a big one so I will not start arguing whether it was really made up by arab extremists intentionally or if it was orchestrated by TPTB at that time. What I can tell you though is that without forgetting pain and suffering it did there is still a positive side to it.

You might say WHAT!!!??? Well it is the following, seeing many Americans uniting together to clean up this big mess is a great example of how a tragedy can lead to, in a certain extant, a good outcome. I never ever saw in my entire life a nation doing efforts this much on a common goal. This is a great example about humanity that in the end we are all brothers and sisters.

With that being said, I can tell you that your thinking is limited because, here again (no blame nor shame), you are only seeing the negative aspect of a tragedy and with this you attempt to ridicule my theory. Did I even mention that anybody not using the LoA was ridiculous or inferior? Indeed I did not.

Do not forget the second side of the medal, it is what you want to look on in order to have a better perspective concerning what I am explaining in this thread.

Sincerely yours,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omphale

Did you really need it, or did you just want it?

So that's my issue with people playing with these things, every action has an equal and opposite reaction I think I may have heard somewhere...is that correct? And if it is...well then it is.

There is a big difference between what somebody WANTS of NEED. Thank you for bringing this up in the conversation this had to be mentioned. The LoA works in 2 ways as I mentioned. For whatever you take you must give, but let's say you do not take mmmh? Let's say you give instead and without waiting anything in return. This law will then apply and no matter how somebody might not see it he will receive without asking.

It is one of its great secret. It is about what the intention behind the action is.

Thank you for your contribution,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Originally posted by Kandinsky

It'd be really nice if this type of thinking worked.

It'd mean people with Parkinson's or leukaemia could concentrate them away. It'd mean the dirt poor could be as comfortably-off as those with their own homes and cars. Kids could *will* their parents not to fight and to stay together. Lots of good stuff...

The thing is, if you believe in the 'law of attraction,' all these people must deserve what they get through concentrating on bad things right? So when Mom's dying of a terminal illness and the treatments just don't seem to be working, well...she isn't focusing enough huh? Sorry kids, your Mom doesn't want to live or she'd get better. Hey homeless people! Stop whining and concentrate more!

I could mention victims of rape and abuse, but you probably get it already.

So if someone wrote a book about this and promised results, the blame for not *succeeding* is the fault of the customer and not the seller. It used to be called selling snake-oil.

It's not a matter of deserving what you get or not. In theory, yes if you have shreds of doubt you will not receive your results. Of course, it is very difficult NOT to have any doubts. That is kind of the concept though. No doubts. If you had 100% no doubts you will, in theory, be able to achieve anything you desire. We all have doubts though, don't we?

As for disease, it is now been proven that 90% of disease is caused by stress. Stress is caused by negative thought process. Negative thoughts are a result of being pessimistic. There are many examples of this, of course I will choose to use the one that most people will respond strongly too
When George Bush and his wife were in office they both developed thyroid disorders. Sounds like it would be contagious if they both got it, right? Well, no, it was just a result of being in a stressful situation. I'm sure being the President of the United States is not the most stress free job.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, do they not? Do the rich feel and focus on their abundance of money? Yes, and in return that attracts more. Do poor people focus on the fact that they have NO money? Yes, and in return they continually manifest their state of having no money.

As for your example of kids "willing" their parents not to fight, that is not necessarily true. They could, perhaps, manifest a life situation that would result in their parents not fighting but you can not simply change the mind set of someone else just because of your own intention. That goes against the golden gift of free will, what the "Law' of Attraction" is based around.

I know it may sounds like a harsh reality in where someone could possibly manifest their own ill-health but there is more truth to it than none. Accidents do happen, and no one is to blame anyone for their negative thinking in this day-and-age (or any age, for that matter). The good thing is we also have the ability to use that tool to our advantage. Turn your reality around.

so yes...look for positive and create your own reality..but realize we will never move forward as a species when we constantly pretend its xmas everyday either. there are people who will use these natural laws against YOU and the earth and they have proven it.

It is true. I must admit you are right. Although what is to take in consideration is the fact somebody needs a common sense. By this I mean what the famous Rafiki said in the Lion King : " You must look beyond what you see", Some people take advantages out of positivity, this is abuse, yes this is very real. The positive thinker must be aware of this. I am not saying start having fear and doubt everyone's intention. I am saying, just be aware of it, because as a human race we are imperfect (which is good in my opinion) so abuse of anything is there. Learning to live through it and dealing accordingly with this is what one really wants to achieve.

Thank you for bringing this up,

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

My apologies if I came across as attacking you or your beliefs. Please trust that that was not my intention. I like you, that Juno thing made me laugh out loud.

The 9/11 comment that I made was not to initiate debate on that subject. I agree with your sentiment about how the nation came together. Of course the argument is that that kind of bonding and "patriotic" attitude was the expected outcome. But like you said that is another topic.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

My apologies if I came across as attacking you or your beliefs. Please trust that that was not my intention. I like you, that Juno thing made me laugh out loud.

The 9/11 comment that I made was not to initiate debate on that subject. I agree with your sentiment about how the nation came together. Of course the argument is that that kind of bonding and "patriotic" attitude was the expected outcome. But like you said that is another topic.

It is ok, in no way I took it personal anyway
. Happy I am if it made you laugh
. Have a wonderful Christmas time and much love to you and your family for the new year to come

Thanks again for your contribution,

Thruthseek3r

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join