It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Into the blue: Stunning images from within Iceland's tallest volcano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Source

Glistening in the setting afternoon sun of an Icelandic winter, the Crystal Cave of Svmnafellsjvkull (CORR) in Skaftafell national park, highlights nature's beauty.

Created by the awesome forces of the Vatnajvkull ice cap in the south of the volcanic island, the deep blue cave was formed by the glacier meeting the coastline.

The centuries old ice that has come from the slopes of 6,921 feet tall Vrffajvkull, Iceland's tallest active volcano, has compressed all air out of the ice adding to the texture and colour of the cave.

Wow!!!

What beautiful pictures. It is amazing how beautiful a planet we live on,

I wanted to share these with all of you just for the beauty of the pictures and pass on that little bit of doom and gloom around here.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
beautiful!
nature is so awesome.
thanks for sharing, love it !

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The blue ice as a ceiling is just amazing,
very surreal! Love the photos, what an
exciting capture this must have been.
Thank you very much for sharing another
beautiful and natural formation of planet
earth.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Totally cool Thanks for bringin them. That first picture at the top? The dark part of it on the left? "Looks like" a herd of walruses or seals along the beach. Like a natural cave painting of the ghosts of animals past...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Really great photos and a natural wonder. Thanks for sharing and I'll put it on my list of places to see but most likely will never due to cost. I wonder if the ice is that blue or if the color of the light has shifted. Thanks for sharing and flag.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Those are really beautiful images.

Breathtaking, that's for sure.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wow! Beautiful pics OP!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have been to this glacier many times because of work but never seen anything like this cave there before. All tho it's pretty common. Of course you can find strange "vains" through the glacier, where the water has melted it's way. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing. But anyway... the reason I logged on was to give you the correct spelling of the glacier, Svínafellsjökull. (Sveena-fels-yokull... or something like that)

Later,
covermind

new topics

top topics

join