It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Was Scheduled to Appear on a White Supremacist Radio Show in 2006

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So we have Obama, who is supported by and possibly has ties to the 'new' Black Panthers and a bunch of other racist groups which is okay but there is speculation on Ron Paul over non-stories like this and he is suddenly the bad guy. The smear campaign is on and they really seem to hate Dr. Paul. If he wins it will truly be a victory for America and monumental defeat for the propaganda machine.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I am going to refer you to the excellent thread 'Ron Paul, keep on doing you, man' that's all that needs to be said.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
i have an imaginary radio talk show where we discuss the goodness of homosexuality... i penciled in Romney and Gingrich as scheduled to appear however they did not appear...this was in 2000... guess that makes them both pro gay.

is the above statement silly? Hell yes. is it any less credible than the statements inferring Paul is a racist because he didnt appear on a radio show run by racists? it is equally as silly.

drowning people are often known to drag their rescuers down with them in a panic, grasping at anything they can to remain afloat.

stop grasping at straws, he is not a racist.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by timi0000

Ron Paul will soon get very familiar with how the primary system really works. Welcome to the real world of presidential politics. It's not so much what kind of muck these candidates get dragged through (whether self-inflicted or not) it's how they react to the information and the attacks. A Darwinian exercise for sure. Let's see how he responds to all of this.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

how did you ever reach this conclusion ? lol , i love to laugh as i take my morning coffee ! . ty
i can tell you this on a 1st hand perspective . i AM not a "shill"
RON PAUL is the ONLY true hope to turn this country around .to restore freedoms lost.

you know where i stand , so who is your candidate ?

or will you only troll about the things you dont like ?

RON PAUL 2012
RON PAUL 2012
RON PAUL 2012

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WilliamWallace

posted on 23-12-2011 @ 11:15 PM this post

I think all these people defending Ron Paul are paid shills.

my reply in my 1ST POST was to this ,sorry peeps for the mess up

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I haven't read all the comments but I'm sure someone else has said this too. Just because someone is "scheduled" to appear on a show doesn't mean that they did appear. Is there proof that he did other than the website saying they will interview him on such and such date? Radio shows hope for interviews all the time and advertise that they will get them but then don't and have to cancel the interview...I bet this is the case on this one unless I missed something on the linked website where the actual interview happened and is archived. Did I miss that?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

you guys are really reaching now aren't ya.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Let's worry about the White Supremest republican and democratic party candidates who want to police the world, demonize Muslims, and perpetuate the drug war. I'm all for vetting Paul as we would any candidate, but loosely connecting him to racists shows me that he's just human and was open to talking to different people about his ideas and maybe didn't vet these people so well. I mean, so what? If stuff like this is the biggest dirt we can come up with on the guy, I'm pretty relieved to be frank. I've yet to see any compelling evidence that he's a racist in any way, shape or form.

And even if he appeared on this show, that doesn't make him a racist!!! Unless he said racist things on the show. He appeared on Bill O'Reilly, too, does that make him an ignorant, obnoxious bigot?
edit on 24-12-2011 by ConspiracyTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

He was scheduled to appear?
or......
He did appear?

Big difference.

I'm not sure I can even agree with it being a big difference, for opposing reason: who cares? It's attempted character assassination via guilt by association, but Paul has *always* espoused individual liberty and decried racism and any other policy that considers people as groups instead of individuals. He's always spoken out against policies that mainly target minorities, with that as one of his primary reasons.

So, IMHO, even if he DID appear on a show with questionable allegiances - did he (or HAS he) ever espoused any of their bigotries? Has he ever gone against his states principles?

I know some don't have overly high opinions of them, but Michael Peroutka and Pat Buchanan have both been on that show before - are they racist also? Perhaps it's not a savory venue, but (especially when the public figures involved might not be aware of the associations those on the shows might carry?) someone using oferred available venues to get their message out doesn't become racist until they actually CONFIRM they share racist beliefs as well - and Paul is consistently against racist ideas and policies.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Why is this not in the hoax bin yet, seems to have as much supporting evidence and credibility as an episode of "Ancient Aliens"?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhettoRice
Why is this not in the hoax bin yet, seems to have as much supporting evidence and credibility as an episode of "Ancient Aliens"?

"I don't know about Ron Paul.

Therefore:

Racist."?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Been scheduled to appear doesn't mean he is a racist. Paul might have agreed to do it, unaware of what the show was all about, and their views on race. So far though there is no evidence this show happened and was broadcast, only speculated it might have!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

LoL, seems to be the way most react to what they don't know. I mean how much more passively aggressive could the undertone of the op be read. Without actually being said I collected

" I used to be a die hard RP supporter, then heard he was scheduled to be on a radio show almost 6years ago, I don't know if he appeared or not because I would rather investigate what supports my claim........... Therefore he's a Racist"

The mental gymnastics score a 10 at the "I've got the blinders on" Olympics.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

He was scheduled to appear, but there is no transcript. Nothing to see here.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordOfArcadia

Ron Paul Was Scheduled to Appear on a White Supremacist Radio Show in 2006

littlegreenfootballs.com

The story so far: apparently Ron Paul was scheduled to appear on the notorious radio show “The Political Cesspool,” a talk show in Kentucky connected to the white separatist Council of Conservative Citizens and the Holocaust denial group Institute for Historical Review.

The announcement of Ron Paul’s appearance was posted on the blog of Political Cesspool co-founder Austin Farley: Congressman Ron Paul TONIGHT On The Cesspool.

If true, this would be the most direct connection yet between Ron Paul and the kind of people who cheer for David Duke. But as Adam Holland and I both discove
(visit the link for the full news article)

And whose to say that they just put that on their website and then reached out to Paul to see if he would appear. The blatant insinuations that you people will go to in order to paint him as racist is laughable.

'Oooo, he was scheduled to appear (no confirmation) so that's another thing he's hiding.' Give me a break!

I could have my own radio program and announce whomever I wanted as being scheduled to appear.

But you folks have NOTHING, no PROOF whatsoever that he's racist. Give it up!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

He was scheduled to appear, but there is no transcript. Nothing to see here.

Exactly, anyways even if he has been on that show. What was he saying is what's important. If Paul was making racist statements then ya there is a problem, but to my knowledge, i not aware of anything he has ever said or done that would be considered overly racist against one race.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Good for Ron,
I hope he becomes president..
he is such a strait shooter..

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
People have known for decades that Ron Paul is a racist. I'm astonished that so many are now just finding out about it. It's like everyone knowing that Santa wears read and then you find a bunch of people that didn't know.

Yes. Ron Paul is a bigot. Yes. The sun shines. Next.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just to play "devil's advocate". Many of the shows on these days have an agenda. Why is it that it would be okay for any important figure to go onto a Extremist Christian show who believes attacks on America were God's doing because we show respect or want equal rights for this group or that group?

If Ron truly stands for free speech, went on that show and debated the views on their racism or prejudices, I would be fine with that. A lot of you people need to get off your high moral horse. Free speech is a "RIGHT". Its a tool to help bring our perspectives together and help us learn about one another. When there is a extremist talk show that preaches how whites are superior and how blacks are the problem, people will go nuts about it. I disagree with what they are saying, but in a way it comforts me to think that "free" speech is still out there. When a extremist radio show dedicated to "getting out of the oppression of the white man", we don't get that much into an uproar. When is extremist Christian talk show that boasts about God's wrath and fury because a country based off of "freedom to be the person you want to be" is doing its best to try to grant equals right and protections under the Constitution, barely anyone really gets in an uproar. Maybe people just call them crazy Christians and ignore them because they are just spouting out hot air. Maybe the white supremacy show is spouting off hot air then and should be ignored in suit.

We should not worry when our airwaves are filled crazy slander towards this group and that group. We should worry when they are not. It our jobs as citizens of the USA decide for ourselves what we believe is worth listening to, believing in, and acting on. I will be more worried when prejudices and racism going into hiding, right now, you can at least see much of it coming. There are always going to be those that speak out about this group and that group, that is one of the consequences of our country. I can be quite noisy. If you don't like the noise, maybe you should go to a much quieter place, maybe where they don't allow you freedom of speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join