It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man I'm Getting Old... Seven Years On ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Tomorrow, U.S. time, will mark my seventh year since joining the foray on ATS. When I joined, I didn't really think that I was going to stay here long. Yet alone stay on here for seven long and drawn out years. This site has changed a lot over the past six years and thirty days. When I joined, there were only a few hundred members that were on here. Now it has grown to over several thousands and its still growing. The features like the ATS videos, Media Center, the news shows, or ATS Live hadn't even been thought of yet. It just shows how much change has went on over the years. I've been around here for this long period of time. I just wonder what the next year will bring about on ATS. I mean I've seen just about everything there is to see on here and there are probably somethings that I have missed and greater things to come.

I have loved every minute that I have experienced and every experience I have had here on ATS. I admit that I don't post as much as I could need be. No matter how many posts I make or I do not make. I have had a great time in these past seven years. This site has got to have been the most fun, entertaining, and craziest site that I have ever been on. It just goes to show how much time you can spend on just one website. Sometimes I feel like that it was just yesterday that I became a member here. ATS has become, at least, for me a site that no matter how many times you take a break from it. Like a boxer in a heavyweight title fight. You always keeping come back for more no matter how many times you say, "I'll be back in a few months." Yet you come back the next week and you still love it.

My lord how seven years just flies by when you are having fun.
Here's to another seven more fantastic years to come!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Happy ATS Birthday to you gimme!

And yes..... you are getting old!
I think the only drawback for you is that you made friends with that TortoiseKweek guy, hey? LOL!

Here's to you being here for many more years my friend!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

And yes..... you are getting old!
I think the only drawback for you is that you made friends with that TortoiseKweek guy, hey? LOL!

Here's to you being here for many more years my friend!

I realized that I was getting old about ten years ago in the real world TK.
I would not really say that it is a drawback that I did meet this TortoiseKweek guy. I'd say its more of a plus than anything!!

edit on 23-12-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
7 years is a long time, but i bet them years flew by like nothing.

If i could ask 1 question, it would be, what is the most important thing you've learnt in your time here on ATS?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

What a post my friend, I am glad to see that so many members here on ATS actually care about ATS in general. I've been here for a little less than a year and it has been a great time getting to know a lot of new people who share very similar thoughts as me and even members who disagree with what I believe. It is a very diverse community which I am very grateful for, and it is important in that I get to view many topics from different angles. Cheers to you and I wish you a happy holidays!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
oops, sorry bad math.

edit on 12/23/2011 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Rock on Bro!!

You are only as old as your tongue..

and slightly older than your teeth...

Ben Franklin said that...

WooT!!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Good to see you chose your words carefully..... cause I hear old bones break very easily, and we wouldn't want you to have an accident.
LMAO!

Don't worry gimme, I'm joining the club pretty damn quick myself these days. Maybe when we pass our 20yr ATS birthday we'll get matching rocking chairs and share a few beers.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well,happy ATS anniversary!
May you have many more.
I haven't been on here but a mere 11 months,but it sure does fell like it has been years.
Gained alot of knowledge,insight and friends.
Stay thirsty my friend for the truth!

And Have a Merry Christmas!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Thanks bud!! It has been one great time on here and I have loved every minute of the madness. The diversity is what makes this site as good as it is. You'll find people that will agree or disagree with you. Hell, I've found people on here that a common interest in rail photography on here.

Originally posted by CharterZZ
If i could ask 1 question, it would be, what is the most important thing you've learnt in your time here on ATS?

The most important thing I've learned since I've been here....... I have learned that having fun on here helps get around the sanity of some threads.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ive been looking around for other significant things that happened on 25th dec 2004 and apart from a snow storm I can't find a single one. You joining ATS might well be the most significant thing that happened on that day

Can you remember what the first thread you made on ats was about?
edit on 23-12-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
That's inspiring, man
gratz!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Welcome to the club.

Happy birthday, I turned 7 in May.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

It was actually my intro thread Dave. I didn't really start posting until sometime in August of 2005. Between those two dates, I mostly lurked around getting a feel for everything when I would get the chance. I forget what my non-intro thread was about.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lastbleedingvictim

Thanks man.
It's like the song "Crazy Nights" that KISS did back in the 1980s. Only difference is that this place can be a crazy site sometimes.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Happy ATS birthday my friend!!! Ill by the drinks
!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Hey SB!! :hi:

If your are buying the drinks then why did I bring my wallet??
Wait a minute, that's right I am the one who is buying the food.

Where is my mind at right now??!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Must have chips and dips!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Guess that means that I have to make another run to the store!!
Unless we can get Spanners to make the chip run for us......

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Hi Gimme!

Can I get an invite to your ATS birthday party? I see chips and drinks are covered, but I could bring dessert.

I can imagine the ATS stories you could tell at that shin dig, huh?

Have a great ATS anniversary, and a wonderful holiday.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join