It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 year old toddler shoots and kills 5 year old-

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Cool Im in westminster yes it is very real. VERY sad but I still smell a conspiracy here

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I'm sorry that it's true, but well aware that where there are guns, there are sometimes accidents. A friend of mine nearly lost her husband in a gun store accident this fall. I'm extremely careful with my guns, as is my husband. They're tools for us. Admittedly, yeah, some of them are beautiful, so they're kind of toys too. But when kids arearound, they're gone, or locked up. I can only imagine what this adult's story is. I imagine it's shallow on thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
bottom line, guns are necessary...a three year old cannot handle a medium to big one...maybe a 25 auto....teaching, training and setting a policy ...telling the young ones....and finally, setting the example is how the pioneers would do it. That takes sober "being there" or one is a lazy moron.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I agree, GBP. Kids do need to be taught about guns, especially so when they're in a household that has them. Still, though, were they my 5 and 3 year old, they would still be at the "hands off" stage. That would be their teaching at that age. "Hands off,"

My teaching would be to know to keep the guns the heck away from anywhere where their chubby little hands could reach them.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They may have arrested the 'supervising' family friend, but you would hope more charges would follow - especially against whoever owned that gun. There's just not enough information given to say who was at fault. It's much too early to blame this adult "supervisor" - if a child got ahold of the gun from inside the home and brought it out without his knowledge, it can't be blamed on him. It sounds as if the parent was inside the home, but not watching the kids.

The responsibility lies solely with the owner of that gun who left it unlocked or unattended. If that so happens to be the same person as the adult watching those kids, then he can burn in hell, but again it's just too early to tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join