It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armageddon...in...Space...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
No, this isn't a prediction of the battle over Heaven and Earth being like a scene from Star Wars, it is an intellectual exercise/exercise in creative writing.

What if there was an error in the calculation?
The end of the world, the battle between light and darkness, yadda-yadda, is actually to occur on 12/21/2112...or 2222, it doesn't really matter...

My question is,if we become a spacefaring species, terraforming and colonising other planets...what happens when Hell occurs on Earth?

Would space exploration be the ultimate biblical loophole? If not, how dcould other species of sentient, intelligent life from other planets play into biblical philosophy?

I don't believe in Prophecy, though I entertain the idea.

This thought exercise only redoubles my belief that we should, as a species, put all of our power of mind into advancing our technology and getting off this rock because...well...Armageddon can't happen across all of the universe at once, affecting all life...can it?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

What a great suggestion. How would that work when "The End of the World" isn't more than a tragic news story to humanity in general, as they watch from mature and developed colonies on other planets? Hmm.. That raises a complex question of theology when we move off-planet like we mean it, it would seem.

S/F such a chunk of food for thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I dont know.. Can the apocolypse occur thruout? I wouldnt dismiss the idea, as our solar system is the size of some suns, so.. Technically, I suppose the apocolypse could transcend other parts of the universe.. For all we know, the entire universe is a single egg waiting to hatch, and when it does, BOOM! Apocolypse across the entire universe. To some extent I take that seriously.. I think the universe is trying to figure out what it is, and eventually one personality will ascend and become the one entity, but in a larger realm... Im confusing.. Im out

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

On that note I wonder if such an occurrence is cyclic, with the universe achieving oneness and then at some point descending again

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There are so many aspects of human life that relate to being on this planet in this solar system which appear connected to our physiology that it may be that we were designed to be here - and here alone. For instance, there is a connection between the sun's magnetism and female ovulation. Perhaps women won't ovulate on other planets or in deep space, resulting in no pregnancies. Maybe that "connection" should be ruled out first.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

No better way to test that connection than to explore space.

Either that, or isolate some women, deep underground in some kind of facility that would isolate them from the Sun's magnetic field.

What if you are right, but that we adapt and evolve differently around different stars. Kind of like...I dont want to say this but will...how Superman is powerful because of Earth's sun, but if he was on Krypton, he wouldn't be because if the different radiation.

We will never truly know these things unless we push the boundaries of our abilities.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The hell is not / will not be ON EARTH.

The hell, as well as paradise are outside the universe, outside our space-time continuum. When the "end" comes, it is not the earth that will be destroyed - it's the whole universe. Thus, those colonies of yours won't be of much help ...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't believe in prophecy either. I think events can always change as people change.
edit on 23-12-2011 by B48621A9115Q024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by B48621A9115Q024

Please elaborate on your comment further.
It does no good to basically say "think harder".

--------

D'oh, you edited before I posted.
edit on 23/12/11 by madhatr137 because: (no reason given)

join