It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When starting to research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Did you make a plan or anything. I ask this because many of you would have done so and many of you would have looked into the same areas as I wish to. I am going to start my research soon and want some help as to how I start it and what I need to do to make it successful.. etc .. Much appreciated to anyone that can help.
edit on 23-12-2011 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Do you mean research of the world?

Just explore everything, and write down key things that you read with sources that you have.

TIE THINGS TOGETHER. It's important to make connections between certain events for example:

USDA to allow Monsanto to perform it's Own Tests
www.naturalnews.com...

Monsanto Corn Bug Plant Losing resistance
online.wsj.com...

With just these two articles itself, some scary information can be identified. Clearly this company (which controls indirectly more than half of the American diet) can not be trusted to check itself if the result is a plant that is weaker and leaving us vulnerable to a superbug which could wipe out a part of our industrialized food chain and eventually bring about the end of the way modernized food works in the world.

I couple this with other sources and more quotes and people can get a better handle of what I'm saying.

The most important part you have to remember, is that one day, you should plan to share your research - otherwise what good is a mind that knows truth without anyone to share it with? It's essentially worth it.

First, arm yourself with knowledge, then arm others.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You might want to look into the Research Forum located here www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can get in contact with a mod from that forum, and let them know that you would like to start a research project with other members, which of course you would U2U others that you would like to participate. You then let the mod know, and they will allow the research. No other members can add to the thread, only the researchers can, thats why you need to let the mod know who is going to participate.

Of course members can read the thread and star and flag it. You can read through the rules at the link above. By being a part of this project you and others involved will receive scholar stats on ATS. I have participated in a project and found it to be interesting and a great learning experience.

If you choose to go this route, you do have to stay on top of things and be a leader, as to letting the others involved know what part you would like them to research, and so on. I hope that this helped

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Dear curiosrb,

Every field of study has it's own process for investigation. Science uses the "scientific method", while law uses another approach and each academic field has a research process geared towards it. So, part of the question is what is the area of research. From another perspective there are different ways of learning. Personally I like the Socratic method and the Gestalt approach.

Some small advice, start by reading a summary of the thoughts on whatever you are investigating. Start by getting the big picture and it's critics. What you are attempting to do by this is understand what other things may be effected by whatever you are researching. I would also advise you to use original sources, I don't care what someone said another person said, I want to read it in their own words. Finally, I would advise you to go into any research without trying to prove anything, research means to investigate not a search for proof.

This is not meant to push my beliefs on you; but, instead to explain how I went about researching something. About 40 years ago I left Catholicism because I was not convinced about some of it's dogma. I will not say what the issues were as it is not important. I became an agnostic (not having an opinion on if there was or was not a
God as opposed to just not believing, I didn't know). As I did not know, I decided to study up on all of the different religions and beliefs. I also investigated the history of how they came about and developed in their own words and the words of others. Once I determined what I believed was the most logical and likely, I then began researching that belief further. What I came to believe is also irrelevant to the current conversation. The point is, come in to any investigation as an agnostic, not knowing the answer and not seeking a particular answer. Survey all possible answers and then investigate the one you find to be the most likely and let that investigation take you wherever the information does. Peace.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Well what is important is to search first what you find most compelling or interesting. As far as stuff about aliens and so forth I would have a look into the disclosure project testimonies on youtube, project camelot also has some very interesting interviews although don't take everything that people say at face value on there.

projectcamelotportal.com...
projectcamelotportal.com...

Good places to start in terms of research into all things alien, I personally think that Cifford stone (disclosure project) has some of the most interesting and revealing testimony. One thing to take into account though is that Dr steven greer has had some issues in recent times with credibility, although I do not feel that effects the sincerity of the people speaking in this video.

Also try not to get caught up in the negativity of some of the reports, they are numerous races of alien beings and only a few of them are indifferent or not very friendly, take into account that some of these aliens feed on fear, the energy created by fear, so try to remember that there are also incredibly benevolent alien civilizations that are keeping a watchful eye on us, in a very very positive way.

A lot of people seem to hit a dead end when it comes a lot of these issues, it is designed to be this way by certain people manipulating the issue, so just remember that a lot of this relates to consciousness and positivity and evolution. Many people are probably thinking that I'm completely crazy saying some of these things, although maybe their own research has not led them in these directions, which is fine, its just that I have enough evidence personally to assert these things.

Once you can accept many of the things being put forward in the many sources available then it is time to move on to the more important stuff. Here I would reccomend reading 'the ancient secret of the flower of life' books, also the 'serpent of light', both by Drunvalo Melchizedek.

Also I would look into the 'source field investigations' by david wilcock. Again there are many people who try to mock and discredit these individuals without REALLY looking into the evidence they put forward and actually looking into their assertions personally. It is a pretty big picture to put together, although if you have any other queries just let me know if I can help.

Good luck my friend!

ETA: Another great book to get a hold of is '2012 the return of quetzalcoatl', also the 'celestine prophecy' which is written as fiction, although there are some pretty mind expanding ideas in there.
edit on 23-12-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

top topics

join