It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lee County Deputies Pepper Spray Man to Death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
but there will be no criminal charges.

You do not list your location....so let me say.

In the US we have a distinction between criminal law, and civil law.

Rob a bank - criminal law
Breach of contract - civil law

Just because they were cleared of CRIMINAL charges, does not mean they can not be taken to CIVIL court.

Not long ago in Kansas City two officers arrested a woman (what ever charge...dont remember).....she complained to them that she was pregnant, and needed medical attention. They dismissed her crys for help.

Later she miscarried. The two officers were cleared of CRIMINAL charges, but were found GUILTY in a CIVIL court.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The cop needs life in jail period. I mean this is SICK...

And he probably did this in front of other cops... who did nothing.

Give at least 5 years in jail for any cop who saw that and did nothing.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

5 years my a$$.
charge them all WITH HOMICIDE.

They are accomplices to murder and torture.
Just as guilty.
BTW....That's murder in the commission of a felony..in FLORIDA.
They COULD get the Death Penalty.

Same charge, same sentence.
Life in prison for all of them..Im not in agreement with the death penalty in most cases.. but a visit to Ole' Sparky in Stark FL for these mental defects might just be the wake up call most LEO's need to start acting right.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Here we have the example of what I have been saying

They are cleared of CRIMINAL charges....

www.naplesnews.com...[/url]

But they are being brought up on CIVIL charges
www.naplesnews.com...[/url]
edit on 8-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Florida should change its slogan from "The Sunshine State" to "The Police State". I grew up in central florida and lived there most of my 38 years and I can honestly say that florida in general has a police state mentality and if an officer does wrong in Florida they are very rarely held accountable for their actions.

I now live in North Dakota and the diference between the 2 states is unbelievable. I have had several instances in Florida where cops have overstepped their boundaries and when I brought it to the attention of their superiors I was told that the officers did nothing wrong.

An example of one of the instances was about 6 years ago. It was a Sunday and I had been working in my yard all day mowing and trimming hedges. There had been several cops driving through my nieghborhood most of the day and I later found out that they were looking for a man in the nieghborhood that had assaulted his wife that morning. This man shared the same first name as me and drove the same color truck that I did, that was the only similarity between the 2 of us. The suspect had very long black hair and weighed about 250lbs and was about 6'3", I being in the military had a military cut and wieghed about 200lbs and am 5'10".

Well later in the afternoon the cops were still looking for the suspect and I was still outside working and had my young 3 yo son in the yard with me and my wife. Suddenly an officer came flying down my road and skidded into my yard and onto my grass. He jumped out of the car and demanded that I approach him slowly to which I replied "why?". He then began shouting at me and told my wife that everything would be fine and not to be afraid, my wife stated that everything was already okay.

The officer asked me if I had my ID on me and I told him it was in my house. He then told me that it was against the law to not have ID on your person and for me to lie down face first on the ground and that he knew I was the suspect they were looking for. My wife said that I was not and that the cop had better leave at which point the cop started screaming at my wife to "shut up". Now I started to get pissed and told the cop he was making a mistake, as did several of my nieghbors. I told him that I would get my ID and prove I was not the suspect.

At that time he pepper sprayed me and I began to resist so he tazed me, right there in front of my wife, son, and nieghbors. While he was handcuffing me I told the officer that when I got free from the cuffs there would be hell to pay for his actions and that he had the wrong guy. That is when the cop kicked me in the face and my wife and nieghbors started yelling at the cop. My wife went inside to get my military ID and the officer takled her to the ground and arrested her as well.

So eventually the officers Sgt arrived and told the officer that they had just apprehended the suspect at his house and that he had arrested the wrong person. So the Sgt let me out of cuffs, along with my wife and told me that he was "sorry for the mix up". I told the Sgt that if the officer ever so much as set foot on my property again I would personally see to it that he would end up in a trauma unit, which I admit that I shouldn't have said but i was extremely pissed off. The Sgt then arrested me again for threat on a law enforcement officer.

Eventually my charges were dropped because the judge in the case was made aware of the events that lead up to the arrest and my threat as well as the fact that I was home on leave and was a recipient of the Navy Distinquished Service Medal and a Purple Heart for my service in Afghanistan. The judge also stated that they officer had acted in a negligent manner and did not show proper probable cause to approach me on my private property.

Even with all of this, the Sheriff's Office found in their I.A. investigation that the officer had done nothing wrong and that I was the one that acted in a manner which warranted the officers conduct. The Sheriff himself told me that I was lucky that the Deputy hadn't shot me for resisting arrest with violence.

I have found that at least in Florida there is no such thing as a standing Bill of Rights and that the 14th amendment equal protection clause of our constitution does not apply. You are guilty until proven innocent and the police have no comprehension that they are there to serve and "protect" the individual citizens.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

there is only one answer to this , we need to call in the chinese or the russians to invade and bring a regime change to the barbaric usa.
don,t worry americans this is for your own good and you will thank us in the end .

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Homicide, 1st degree murder and throw in torture.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Justice in America is one big friggin joke...............he who has enough money and a good enough lawyer can get out of anything, including murder.

I know we have two lawyers in our family.

Torture and murder and torture and murder don't play wordy head games with me.

You're response would be different if this had been your brother.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

yeah
oj was guilty in civil court too
i thought people did not do time for civil cases
i think these cops deserve to get exactly what they gave.
as public servants they are held at higher standards, or supposed to be
but their punishments are no where near what civilians do

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
You're response would be different if this had been your brother.

what?????????????????
(no, my response will still be the same.....they need to pay for their actions)

If this were my brother, you can bet your butt I would have them in civil court.

They might have been cleared of criminal charges (not that I see how that happened), but they will be held liable in a civil court.

If they are found guilty of gross negligence, perhaps their supervisors will have to wonder if they really should be wearing a badge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join