It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lee County Deputies Pepper Spray Man to Death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reason.com...

From Fox 13 in Tampa comes the horrifying story of Nick Christie, a 62-year-old Ohio man who was detained by the Lee County Sheriff's Office for being publicly intoxicated. While Christie's wife asked that he be taken to the hospital, Lee County cops decided instead to strip Christie naked, tie him to a chair, cover his face, and then pepper spray him repeatedly, until he died.

words just fail me, i cant believe something like this could be allowed in this country. i know this is textbook treatment in other police stations across america. me, being somebody who was brutally beaten by over 8 cops in a police department behind locked doors just for speaking out for myself, i feel really bad for this person and his family. obviously, the cops will receive immunity.

good ol' pig country we live in. good job america

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It was ruled a homicide as it should have
been - no mention of the cops that did it
and if they have been to trial. ????

I can't believe how low cops have
become - there is another story
every day of how they are taking
the law into their own hands and
being excessive with treatment of
people.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

great! I just found out after traveling to florida, that im in lee county.. Im thinking maybe I should get back on the plane.. The locals are actually telling me the cops have "shoot first ask later" mentality. Hooray to safe travels in the US. Luckily the tsa didnt molest me getting here.. But now im scared to unwind and have a drink

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Any real sources for this?

I can't stand reason! They make a lot of stuff up.

I stopped reading them and taking them seriously awhile ago.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

inside the article is a link to fox.
not much better, but a bit.

link to fox article

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Any real sources for this?

I stop reading them and taking them seriously awhile ago.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

Pesky alternative media sites, who trusts them; though it would have been quicker for you to perform a Google search than post a reply. I did it for you.

I assume you trust FOX as a "real source", so here you go: link to trusted mainstream media source
edit on 23-12-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

No. I don't consider Fox news to be a real source.

You obviously don't know much about reason......

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Any real source for that?

Do you have anything else you'd like to add to the discussion aside from slander and unfounded opinions?
edit on 23-12-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This strikes me as prolonged torture with chemical agent and murder. No one even claimed the guards at Abu Ghraib actually killed any of the prisoners they abused and look how far it went against those directly proven to have done it. This?

This is much worse... He was a civilian, this isn't a war zone and all he had done was a drunk and disorderly. A capital offense? Words fail me.... Murder. That is THE only word that fits. Every murder has 1 or more murderers, so lets get with bringing them to justice and a long stay in their own jail, followed by state prison for 25-life!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

edit on Fri Dec 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The cop needs life in jail period. I mean this is SICK...

And he probably did this in front of other cops... who did nothing.

Give at least 5 years in jail for any cop who saw that and did nothing.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The cop needs life in jail period. I mean this is SICK...

And he probably did this in front of other cops... who did nothing.

Give at least 5 years in jail for any cop who saw that and did nothing.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Absolutely on others. It says in the article he got hit with pepper spray 10 times over 48 hours. That didn't just happen around a couple cops at the jail. It sounds like pretty much all of them were on at one point or another during this guys ordeal, leading to his death.

It also sounds like they REALLY abuse pepper spray at this place if anything like this would ever be okay. Maybe a whole Sheriff's Office needs fired and restarted from scratch like Walking Tall.....? This is a real extreme example of abuse. wow..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I am sure that the policeman wont even be "retrained" in the proper use and dangers of pepper spray - let alone a reprimand. A charge of negligent homicide should have been made. Since when is depression and drunkenness (the later would have worn off in the 48 hrs) a capital crime (rhetorical)?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I'd like to think cops don't need to be "retrained" not to tie someone to a chair, cover their mouth and nose and pepper spray them 10 times. All for being drunk.

I hope the cops (all of them) are found guilty, sentenced to life, where if we are lucky some inmates will lesson the load on the tax payers and end their lives in a brutal, drawn out fashion after a few months of being the jailhouse bitch.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i once defended myself against a punch to the face by throwing two punches back in jail. against sheriffs. they proceeded to torture me for a good 2-3 months. nearly drove me crazy. one time they put me in the restraint chair naked and peppersprayed me. this wasn't for me acting up either, this was all about retaliation for throwing two punches in self defense. in other words they woke me up to do this to me. this country is becoming more and more like some kind of sick futuristic nazi germany.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It says in the article he got hit with pepper spray 10 times over 48 hours. That didn't just happen around a couple cops at the jail. It sounds like pretty much all of them were on at one point or another during this guys ordeal, leading to his death.

Yep. And this ain't an accident. It was MURDER BY TORTURE going on for 48 hours.

Wouldn't surprise me if the MSM is playing down the real report...10 times over 48 hours... I bet this is way more than that. You don't die from 10 shots of pepper spray, I mean, the human body is quite strong. So unless the guy was allergic to pepper, they probably abused him way more than a little pepper spray. Or they shot pepper spray up his nose or some crazy stuff like that.

The guy probably wished he was shot in the head by the cops earlier rather than endure this.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If this happened in Iran, then every mouth-breather in Amurika would be screaming for blood, bloated with pride at how Amurika is free. Land of the free, home of the brave, I know this to be true because they made me sing it in school.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

another source here :
www.naplesnews.com...

www.fox8.com...

the american 'authorities' that condone torture
need to be given a taste of their own medicine.
I've lost any respect for american world 'justice' when
there is neither homeland justice.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
the thing is..

what are you internet armchair general is going to do about it?

nothing..!! as always..

a few may "star and flag" with their usb mouse

fewer still will talk to their family and friends

wait.. how many will browse the thread before it dissappear into the abyss? say 300?

oh ya, does the 0.01% have anything needs to be worry about?

none that I can see

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

If this story was out of Iran or Syria, it would be called crimes against humanity and demands for war or kinetic military action would be heard.

Off topic....why did my avatar change? and some other areas are not displayed correctly...what the crap
edit on 24-12-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join