It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. announces $10 million bounty on key al-Qaeda financier eluding a six-year capture in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

U.S. announces $10 million bounty on key al-Qaeda financier eluding a six-year capture in Iran

www.daily mail.co.uk

Robert Hartung, a senior State Department official, said that under an agreement between al-Qaeda and the government of Iran, al-Suri had helped move money and recruits through Iran to al-Qaeda leaders in neighboring countries.

The U.S. Treasury Department in July blacklisted al-Suri and five other members of his network, exposing what the United States says are direct links between Tehran and the al-Qaeda network.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
They've discovered direct links between al-Queda and Iran. It turns out that Iran has been funding al-Queda from Tehran. Iran has also been supplying recruits from Tehran also.

Man, those state department investigators are pretty good. Iran must have thought they slipped it past them, but when those state department investigators found out what REALLY happened, oh man. Now we just need someone to give us this guys location for the 10 million. Then we can just do a commando raid into Iran, like we did with Bin Ladin in Pakistan. This is going to be fun.

Oh, yeah. And no Obama bashing in my thread, since the next president isn't going to be any different.

And one last thing. I was just kidding about my opinion on the secret-investigator-uncovering-Iran-terror-funding-al-Queda-recruits business. I've lived in America for so long, I really don't believe anything these people say!

www.daily mail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So now that the US has stated that they have the right to arrest anyone, anywhere...Iran is open game for entry.

Nice coincidence huh?

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Another boogieman to go along with a long list of boogiemen? Kids don't look under the bed or go in the basement because there is a boogieman around every corner. I thought the Sunnis and Shiites don't get along that well. Is not Iran Shiite and Al-Qaeda a Sunni outfit?

I have no idea who that guy is or what his crimes are or even what potential link he has with the Iranian government? The article is very scant, and all I got from it is a nobody who has a 10 million bounty on their head. I am not defending the Iranian regime in any way, shape, or form with my skepticism about this latest report. Personally, I would like them to join the dustbin of history. Still, if the US wants a war so bad with Iran over their alleged nuclear program, aiding or abetting terrorists, or failure to pay parking tickets it is high time to come up with non-refutable evidence! More information please.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This does not seem right, isn't this how they got us into Iraq.
NOw were suppose to be out or getting out Iraq and going to start sending these drones and troops into Iran, they say it's only matter of time.

top topics

join