It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts view of a comet over the Australian state of Tasmania.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I like seeing nature at its best and I think it would be great to have this view of a comet over Tasmania. With all the crap going on down at the surface the peaceful vision would remind a person that there's still the power of beauty in the world. (And outside it)

Astronauts passing over Tasmania have captured amazing images of an Australian-discovered comet emerging over the horizon.

Even the astronauts who would have seen some amazing things were amazed at the show.

International Space Station Commander Dan Burbank described watching Comet Lovejoy and its streaming tail hovering over the Earth's gradually brightening arc as "the most amazing thing I have ever seen in space".

It must be so peaceful up there.

news.ninemsn.com.au...
edit on 23-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I would give my whole existance of "stuff" just for one trip up there. Imagine seeing a comet in the distance over your planet, just hanging there like a snake floating in space. Would be life changing. Beauty would mean something completely different.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hate to be the one to say it but there are lots of threads already covering this topic. The mods will close this thread no doubt. Sorry buddy.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Hate to be the one to say it but there are lots of threads already covering this topic. The mods will close this thread no doubt. Sorry buddy.

So what you take from this thread is that it is ABOUT the comet?
'Tis a pity.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Thanks for a nice pic and story. I love the space pictures like this. We'll never see things from up there, but maybe our Children will have that in their lifetime. That is a great thing to hope and work toward anyway.

Despite someone being Johnny on the Spot for telling you it's been posted before...

I sure hadn't seen it...and I'll guess you hadn't known either.. So thanks for something I'd have missed entirely if it weren't for your thread.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

I would give my whole existance of "stuff" just for one trip up there. Imagine seeing a comet in the distance over your planet, just hanging there like a snake floating in space. Would be life changing. Beauty would mean something completely different.

It would put a person in their place wouldn't it? I've seen alot of beauty in my travels. Sunrises and sets over oceans, plankton glowing on a beach etc. I've even been lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and see a comet burn up in the atmophere in late afternoon flaming tail and all. But just once I'd love to see dawn break over the curvature of the earth or a comet fly by from the view of the space station or a thunder or lightning storm storm from space.
edit on 23-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for a nice pic and story. I love the space pictures like this. We'll never see things from up there, but maybe our Children will have that in their lifetime. That is a great thing to hope and work toward anyway.

Despite someone being Johnny on the Spot for telling you it's been posted before...

I sure hadn't seen it...and I'll guess you hadn't known either.. So thanks for something I'd have missed entirely if it weren't for your thread.

Hey that's ok. I saw the pic and had to share it. I know alot of people enjoy nature at its best. And no I didn't know it was being talked about at all.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Just awsome S & F first time i see it too
We all don't spend 24 hour a day on here good recap

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Just awsome S & F first time i see it too
We all don't spend 24 hour a day on here good recap

Thank you for the S&F. I knew people would like it.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The NASA website has a great video on it.
Merry Christmas everyone!
May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you.
***** **** @@@ ### $$$ +++

top topics

join