It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In ad for newsletter, Ron Paul forecast "race war"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

You do know it's crap and he didn't have time to read everything and approve everything in the newsletters he published right? He published dozen of them, he didn't write 99% of it, a lot of them were published everyday.

Seriously, saying Ron Paul did this is like saying the ATS owners wrote everything on ATS and are responsible for every racist/hate-mongering/warmongering comments on ATS. It's pure BULL.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

What do you think we think about it? We think maybe you should go ahead and bury the horse you people keep beating on. It's starting to smell.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well put Vitt-dogg. That was well put into perspective.

I don't think even most people know or understand that he was practicing medicine during the time they were published.

The guy is a constitutional libertarian.. it just doesn't equate with "racist ol' Ron."

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've personally had enough of this issue.

These newsletters are trotted out every damn election cycle because it seems the only thing they 'have' on RP.

He has spoken about this issue so many times over and over.

And 99% of the newsletters themselves which have been archived on the web either:

1) Don't even have Ron Paul's name on them

2) Sound NOTHING like Ron Paul

3) If at worst case WERE written by Ron Paul, don't sound "nuts" compared to most of the crap people say on the street on a daily basis

The 'controversial' parts don't even sound like him, the main parts sound close, but not his writing style.

AND I HAVE READ HUNDREDS OF WORKS BY RON PAUL.

I personally think it was a 'close friend' of his, but that's another story altogether.

Can we leave this alone?

There is no way I've gotten a vibe that Ron Paul is "racist". I have been to Meetups, online chats, PAC groups, message boards, you name it, it TEN FREAKING years as a Ron Paul supporter and have not heard anything close to racist rants.

I hear more racist crap on the average message board, on YouTube, going to the corner market, than I have in all the Libertarian or Ron Paul forums I've been to.

I can't speak for all of us, but we aren't collectivists for the most part. But sure, racists are in practically EVERY group you can possibly join. I know it may be shocking but I'm sure if you joined your local KNITTING society you would hear more racist rants than on a Ron Paul forum.

So can we give it a rest? It was 20 years ago, and since then the man has never been recorded, taped, not even a scribble on a piece of paper found that proves 'racism'.

I suggest we move on.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I never said that Ron Paul said these things. The report did. As I said before, and I guess I have to say it again, I knew nothing of this until today. I posted the story on ATS so I could learn more about this subject from people that may be more in the know. I'm not beating any dead horse.

I'm for Ron Paul as I said in the OP.

So forgive me please!

I WISH I NEVER POSTED THIS THREAD!

I have already asked the Mods remove it.

What more do you guys want?

I'm done here.

I have never seen so many rude members posting in one thread in the short time I have been on ATS.

edit on 23-12-2011 by mikemck1976 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join