It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Queens Husband) Prince Philip In Hospital After Chest Pains

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

(Queens Husband) Prince Philip In Hospital After Chest Pains

news.sky.com

The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to hospital for "precautionary tests" after suffering chest pains, Buckingham Palace says.

The Queen's husband was flown to the cardiothoracic unit at Papworth Hospital in Cambridgeshire from Sandringham House in Norfolk, where the royal family is gathering to celebrate Christmas.

Sky's royal correspondent Paul Harrison said: "Over recent weeks there hasn't been any kind of sign that his age is taking any toll on him.

"If these are precautionary tests that are being done on him, at the moment, it doesn't appear to sound too serious."

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23/12/2011 by shauny because: To explain I forgot to give a reason for editing the 2nd time. This one explains itself.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Dont like the man, I live in Edinburgh, he is our Duke. Think hes been to Ediburgh 2 times (slight joke)
Some of his comments over the years have been racist, sectarian and rude.

BUT..I dont wish the man dead. He is 90, good innings/run I guess.
He is HATED over here in the UK, so I guess not a lot of sadness here.
Although it is. But his mouth has given the UK a red face many, many times.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I searched for this using ALL key words and found nothing.
edit on 23/12/2011 by shauny because: To say I searched for it 1st.

edit on 23/12/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If he dies and his wish comes true of being able to return to this world as a virus, then we are all screwed :<
en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

And... he's Greek.

I never understood Europeans willingness to allow royalty from other nations to rule over them.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by shauny

And... he's Greek.

I never understood Europeans willingness to allow royalty from other nations to rule over them.

Most people in the UK dont even like royalty. Unless your a Rangers/Chelsea/Millwall/Hearts type Fan.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

And... he's Greek.

He doesn't exactly rule over anyone..he's the Queens husband. Thats not the same as a King.

edit on 23-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I was more referencing the long history of royalty bouncing back and forth between various nations.. when the Queens family first began their reign in Britain they were not British. And when Philips family were royalty in Greece they were not Greek but Danish. All very confusing to an outsider. That doesn't even get into the fact that the Queen and the King are in fact cousins....
edit on 12/23/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
He'll be okay, afterall, Reptilians live well into their 100's don't they?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

There has been many many wars between the nations of Europe over the last 2000 years. Sometimes one nation will conquer another and just install their own royalty and other times marriages are arranged to between the different countries royalties to forge alliances. Sometime its just for love.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I hate royalty. 100%. Born with a silver spoon up thier backsides, and paid for by the people.

Hate them I tells ya.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just watching sky news now and it seems quite serious.

I'm not particularly a fan of the royal family or anything but this is still quite sad to see especially so close to Christmas. It's never nice to see something like this happen to anyone really.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Personally I like that he is rude, at least it gives him a human personality, albeit one from a rude, grumpy old geezer.

I certainly hope it is not serious..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Personally I like that he is rude, at least it gives him a human personality, albeit one from a rude, grumpy old geezer.

I certainly hope it is not serious..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
He is a nasty peice of work.If anything the recesion in the uk has turned even more people against him and his free loading stuck up emotionally crippled oafs.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Why isn't the Queens husband the king? Shouldn't it be King and Queen...?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Princess Diana is waiting patiently....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
News just in:

The Duke was found to have a blocked artery causing his chest pains. It was treated successfully. He'll remain in hospital "under observation."

This was just discussed on sky news btw. I'll look for a source giving some more information now.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by MushroomWig

He is the queens consort in the same way Prince Albert was Queen Victorias consort, meaning Queenie rules

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
News just in:

The Duke was found to have a blocked artery causing his chest pains. It was treated successfully. He'll remain in hospital "under observation."

This was just discussed on sky news btw. I'll look for a source giving some more information now.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

amazing how quick certain people can get a hospital bed, not only that but have quick surgery too. Wouldn't mind if they gone around the world spreading peace and harmony and we were all on the same level...however when they sit on their trillions of pounds looking down at people starving you just have to wonder why we accept this #.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well I was going to give my sympathies but by the looks of this thread, not sure if I should, lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join