It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you get your significant other?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
For my girlfriend of a couple months I bought a gift box of a fantastic whisky I recently discovered called Forty Creek:

joecorkscrew.files.wordpress.com...

Came with a couple rocks glasses as well. If anyone is shopping for someone who enjoys their whisky or really any cocktail this stuff is GREAT. I was never much of a Jack or Jim fan but this really can't be beat, not a bad price for drinkability and flavor. If nothing else, go get some for yourself!

What did you guys get for your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife/best-friend-you-can't-live-without? Or do you have something you got your kids you can't wait for them to open?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My hubby got three hard cases for his V-strom and a center stand.
I got a super-duper high tech sewing machine.
Link

(We don't really give Christmas presents, but if we buy something for ourselves or each other at this time of year, we call it Christmas presents.
)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I got myself (& the family) a nice generator for those times when the ridiculously outdated extension cords on wooden poles are downed and we lose power. I also shopped for non-wifi electronics, but had to learn the hard way about promised shipping dates. Kmart lies on their site about shipping times to get you to buy from them, so now we have to wait for those gifts to come after Xmas.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I got myself (& the family) a nice generator for those times when the ridiculously outdated extension cords on wooden poles are downed and we lose power.

Man, talk about practical. I can think of about 100 reasons a generator is a good idea

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I got my wife a fancy vacuum cleaner with all the bells & whistles....... Just kidding!

I got her a portable Blu-Ray/DVD/CD burner-player (USB powered) so she can watch DVDs anywhere on her netbook and maybe learn to burn Blu-Ray at some point.
Also Direct-TV to get off the rip-off cable system. She has been glued to the Harry Potter marathon all day. Oh well....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For the second year in a row now, we decided not to exchange gifts.. So much easier. The only people I buy gifts for now are the parents. No kids so Christmas is way less commercialized. I dont put up decorations or a tree. It's not about that anyway..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Im kinda seeing a very moderate (drinks, parties etc etc) Muslim so she gets nothing LOL
My thinking is it would be rude to impose my religious beliefs on her,to be fair Im not actually religious just being cheap.
Told her she can come to Xmas lunch for Turkey and ham though
edit on 23-12-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I got my wife NOTHING just like every Christmas.The holiday has been hijacked by corporations to make people feel guilty for not buying someone cheap Chinese crap that they could buy themselves anytime they want.I don't buy presents for anyone anytime.I personally can't wait for this crap to be over so we can get back to our normal lives and stop hearing those stupid bells ringing every time i go get groceries and get that shameful look from the fat ass looking for money when i am walking in and leaving..I am so sick of hearing about "the poor children and families who can't buy their their kids Chinese junk to feel better about themselves"Here's an idea.Stop having children!!They are sooo unnecessary and expensive.Don't you want your freedom people??Why anyone would want those miserable little money vacuums is far beyond me.I thank god everyday for not cursing me with kids.I can come and go as i please and do whatever the hell i want to..Way to many people on this planet to sustain anyways no sense in breeding moire of the little parasites..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

Geeez she's a lucky woman

Humans have been giving gifts to each other since time immemorial, regardless of whether there are corporations or not this custom will continue. I think its good we take a break from fighting each other to give gifts and sit down a share a meal together. You don't have to purchase anything from a corporation, some of the best gifts are things you make yourself. Corporations are always going to be on the lookout for a way to make a buck, it's in their nature, but don't let them make you bitter and ruin this charitable holiday, just don't give them that power over you.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
my wife and it got each super big fluffy matching recliners
very comforzzzzzz

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Not sure if this counts, but I got my mother the complete Edgar Allen Poe collection, because she loves Edgar Allen Poe. I don't exactly have a significant other, save the one that gave birth to me.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
reply to post by Hawking

I got my wife NOTHING just like every Christmas.The holiday has been hijacked by corporations to make people feel guilty for not buying someone cheap Chinese crap that they could buy themselves anytime they want.I don't buy presents for anyone anytime.I personally can't wait for this crap to be over so we can get back to our normal lives and stop hearing those stupid bells ringing every time i go get groceries and get that shameful look from the fat ass looking for money when i am walking in and leaving..I am so sick of hearing about "the poor children and families who can't buy their their kids Chinese junk to feel better about themselves"Here's an idea.Stop having children!!They are sooo unnecessary and expensive.Don't you want your freedom people??Why anyone would want those miserable little money vacuums is far beyond me.I thank god everyday for not cursing me with kids.I can come and go as i please and do whatever the hell i want to..Way to many people on this planet to sustain anyways no sense in breeding moire of the little parasites..

Haha I brought up gifts and whisky and you go off on overpopulation and Chinese plastic?

Personally I've had a problem with Christmas since I worked a few years in a row at a Target store in high school. So this year I bought one gift for one person. And it was from Canada and not China

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by insanedr4gon
Not sure if this counts, but I got my mother the complete Edgar Allen Poe collection, because she loves Edgar Allen Poe. I don't exactly have a significant other, save the one that gave birth to me.

Was it a big black book? I got a similar collection a while back at a B&N, great gift idea

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

It was a plain, huge, book. It had "Edgar Allen Poe" on the cover with a raven standing on a skull. It only cost me about $5 or so, so I sort of had to buy it for her.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My fiancee is the only person I really got something for but he won't get it for a week or two. It's being made, by moi

He wanted a Boxer dog calendar because he has one, awesome dog too! So since I love to do photo editing and use a really cool site PIcaboo to make my own albums and such I am making him one of his dog. It will be a 2013 calendar though, his request. I had to tell him what I was doing lol

I'll take various pics of his dog and then create the calendar myself. I will add birthdays, anniversaries and such that way he can't say "I forgot." Hehehe

He will also be getting the new Star Wars game sometime this week, hopefully he doesn't read this and see it!

He sent me something but not sure what lol He said it will be here Wednesday..

**waves hand** honey this is not the thread you are looking for

top topics

join