It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 reasons why Philosophy is Dangerous

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I've always been in search for the real Christ.

I have too, but he cannot be found. There are simply too many of them. Josephus, the first century Jewish historian mentions no fewer than nineteen different Yeshuas/Jesii. This site sums them up pretty good:
Was there a Jesus? Of course there was a Jesus – many!
But when I discovered that Nazareth did not even exist in Jesus time, I began to suspect the whole story was fabricated from earlier source material. Nazareth is not mentioned even once in the entire Old Testament. And the more I studied, and researched, the more I became convinced. I discovered that the name Jesus in Hebrew is spelled Yod He Shin Vau Heh. (YHSVH) The name Jehovah is spelled Yod He Vau Heh. The "Shin" added to Jesus represents the element Akasha. The Yod He, and Vau Heh, the letters on both side of Shin represents Fire, Air, Water and Earth, and thus, Yod He Shin Vau Heh represents a 5th element or that of Akasha which is the Divine Spirit. Wiccans know that the five elements consist of fire, air, water, earth, and spirit, that is why our main symbol is the Pentagram, which, by the way, was once used by Christianity.
The statements made by many religious leaders that the Bible is "God's Word" and that God wrote the Bible. It is well understood when reading through Biblical passages and comparing to other earlier writings, that a great portion of the Bible has been lifted from earlier writings of other cultures. The study of the Ancient Egyptian stories, which Christians Always call myths, are very akin to the stories in the NT. then I began to study on the Council of Nicea, and realized that is was this council who decided the divinity of Jesus, and it all began to make sense. I began to see the agenda, and the reason for the agenda. A very good book on these matters is
"The True Authorship of the New Testament," by Abelard Reuchlin

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Jean Paul Zodeaux, you have an impeccable writing style that I admire. However, I will ask you this: What if you had not freaked out? What if one were to not get so scared by these things and could accept them? Would it then be okay to explore the Universe in philosophical means?

I can't imagine our knowledge will ever come to a finishing point, which would allow us to always enjoy the search and creation for answers. There may not be a need for such knowledge if you want to look at it from a spiritual aspect, but I believe there is some merit to it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I philosophized once. It scared the crap out of not only everyone around me at that time, it scared the crap out of me. It was undeniably a dangerous act, and some would say flat out reckless this thoughtless journey into philosophy. Of course, it wasn't as thoughtless as many claim it was. In fact, I would argue, and there are some who might agree that my foray into philosophy was done so thoughtfully and even carefully. Like an old woman dipping her leathery skinned toe into the pool to test the waters, I - as a young man - carefully tested the waters of philosophy and what at first appeared to be the calm and inviting waters of an undiscovered sleepy little lagoon turned out to be the roiling violent seas of smashing waves of conundrums against the angry waters of confusion and even hopeless despair.

I really enjoyed this. Merry Christmas, Peace, Love and Joy Always.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Well, guess what, if he is real or not, in nde's Spirit does appear like unto Christ, and Love is still Love, Goodness is Still Goodness, and the Source is still shining within us. So metaphorically/real or both, I still look to his example, but wish it was in a book with Buddha and not in a book with so much of Saturn.

I have been pushed really hard to research and learn too much, and it really upsets me alot of it. This was added by de1111codEiT, and just in time to pick my heart up for Christmas, for real or metaphor or both, I've always noted the mystical search within that was contained in his teachings, so:

Christmas

Merry Christmas!
edit on 23-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Was Rumi a philosopher? He seemed a lot more free to express himself in the 1200's middle east, than he would have been today. That part is very sad.

Rumi - 4 beautiful poems

Rumi - No expectations

Philosophy must be a real threat to their control. You don't even reach some of the studies until later in university, but it should be taught in junior high onwards.

Is one free mind Superman in the system?

Does one free mind, hold a frequency that enlightens all around, that raises earth above the frequency match and lower gateways they wish?

edit on 23-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
All religion has its roots in philosophy, all initially invited the student to question question question, unfortunately only a few religions still do. Friedrich Nietzche explains the problem with misguided philosophical thinking in Beyond Good and Evil. He shows that as soon as we begin to 'follow' someone else's view point we are no longer being true to ourselves as it is their viewpoint not ours.

Philosophy should replace religious studies in schools and religion should carry an age restriction of 18+

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Philosophy gives fools an opportunity to be esteemed as wise.

Almost all dangers can be derived from that statement.
edit on 24-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 24-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
They have tried to silence the philosophical for centuries. There are more of us then there are of them, the days of constricted thought is fading. When everyone wakes up to what is really going on, where the truth is undeniable fact, those who have criticized will be turning to those who have been denounced and condemned for help. What seems so obvious for some, is the biggest egnigma to most.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by OnceReturned
But, science is admittedly a philosophy...

I think most atheists and many religious thinkers would tell you that those things are philosophies, too.

At one point, Philosophy was considered the mother of all sciences, so you are right. Unfortunately many have stopped considering that.
Scientists are even going as far as to say that philosophy is dead and useless and that it should be discarded. Talk about destroying your own roots...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

they are crazy, who are or what is that equate nothing with danger?

for sure they are always out of danger

who or what is that do never have a sense of danger?

i tell u what, who is nothing basically so whatever it could come up with,

then u can get what they mean, they mean absolute profits growth from profiting existing while being nothing to their existence facts

they are in danger bc some words could say some modik rights to exist ? o really?? how do they feel danger from that

it is incredible to see how far all is of evil powers on all

it is more incredible to see how even nothing is worse sense,

how all is bc of truth while any is all its reverse

where is the truth man? noding?? not even a barely broken sound far??

who brought up that luxurious concept of threat? some miserable beings barely standing free in saying, sorry u cannot abuse me too far, is the threat concept? only relatively u can abuse me forever but not absolutely always more sorry

i bet that is jesus return who is spreading that precious information about philosphy dangers

good work jesus go on give ur best for the world

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
being able to conceive truth has the effect to amplify any objective point in becoming much more truly real then it was before, truth conception in mind never erase what is infront of u on the contrary if there was any issue reason to step back and think all, the issues will become exponentially present

the more u r conscious about truth the more u r behind it, and that is why philosophy use is mostly living in evil freedom pretenses, as the crazy nietzche suggested it the most clearly, and how sciences were the answer in creating the positive end tools to evil free living wills,

if u mean to limit existence to ur free life then u better run to do stuffs that would protect the objective surrounding of ur existence freedom, before enjoying ur life fully with a cigar

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Jean Paul, sir, what you wrote was beautiful, thank you for sharing your art.

About the thread: …and that's why danger is good. Thank you for the comedy.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by apeofapeland

very good... I'm always trying to explain the importance of philosophy to my family and friends... which think it is useless. Philosphy opens up one mind..

but to be fair I think the OP was sarcastic... exposing the intolerance of asking questions and the importance of doing just that

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You make some good point's the philosophers stone was thrown high and far. But it will come crashing down one day...Because what goes up, must come down.

Just don't stand under or be anywhere near when the descent approaches.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Sorry but I follow religion because I think for myself..and have read too many things that point me to the truth.

So many shun religion these days.. because they do not want to be ridiculed..that is NOT following your own path.. that is being afraid what others will think and say of you.

I think for myself.. and that is why I choose to believe in my faith..despite the scorn I receive for it.

Gabby always going against the grain, and taking the flack for it. So much so like a true philosopher would do.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

And the lesson here is.

Never try.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

over generalization is not a way to the truth. Now if your own thinking got you believing in religion despite the others, than good, you have found your path and I'm glad for you. But it is wrong to state that everyone who doesn't believe is just following the masses to not be ridiculed.

I'm not religious but I like to philosophize, and many of my ideas are the same as the message in religious texts.... to tell you the truth, I was always ridiculed for thinking differently, yet I never started following others or religion.

I believe philosophy to be an important part in development... especially that the truth we don't have... no matter how hard we want it. Nothing is proven and THAT is the value in philosophy... thinking outside the box, finding new idea that may or may not work, pushing consciousness beyond the known borders. Learning how to ask your own question and how to respectfully argue your opinions. This allows for a much deeper humanity and although I don't agree with the way it is "taught" in schools, it doesn't take away it's value. A good philosophy teacher will open your horizons in a way you wouldn't have believed otherwise..... maybe I was lucky, but I had one such professor and he is the one who taught me to think for myself and ask questions, even if they might seem stupid. He also taught me how to put myself in other people's shoes.

In conclusion, philsophy is good.... it just depends on how you implement it.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You forgot the most important fact of all - You can't make a living as a philosopher. There are salesmen who sell philosophies, but they're just salesmen. It's like that in the entertainment industry too. A true creative artist will invariably be eaten alive by a clever salesperson who has just enough talent to ape what that artist brought into existence, and the world will marvel at the newest marketable star in the heavens. Emerging philosophy, art, music, and literature are all anathema to the western success structure. No matter what it is, until the grease salesmen own it, it's poison.
edit on 12/27/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
I went home to have my microwaved :"gourmet" meal for one, while watching the mindlessness of television, feeling so all alone, and it hit me!

When in Rome do as the Romans do! I had heard of Pandora's Box and I got the message loud and clear. You can't undo knowledge, but if this were so, then how is it even possible that a planet with more than 7 Billion people on it, largely remain ignorant of things you know damn well they damn well know? No, I think I can put all this knowledge crap back in the box and go back to the easier days of ignorance and bliss, and find myself a blissfully ignorant wife and together we could raise our 2.3 blissfully ignorant children and live the American Dream. So, I grew up and put those childish things away and no longer yearned for the swell adventure of thinking and wondering and embracing problems with the full on intent of solving these problems. Not for me any longer, I am an adult now and have outgrown the need to think.

[sniff] That was inspiring.

God, I wish I could be that strong. Thank you for testifying here today. God bless you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join