It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought I had about Revelations, the End Times and how it may coincide with future solar events

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying though I do not adhere to organized religion, I do believe in a higher power/state/being/ consciousness or what ever you would like to call it.

In the book of Revelations, there are two end of days. The first happens after the rapture and the battle at Megedo. The Devil is vanquished and imprisoned for 1000 years. The second happens after Satan escapes imprisonment to tempt man once more. He is no match for the lord and is vanquished. This is when the final judgement occurs when all of mankind will stand before God for the Final Judgment.

Yes, this is just a brief summary. I figure if you have read this far, you already know most of what Revelations has to say.

There is also mention in the bible of Gods time. Where 1 year in heaven is a thousand years on earth. I may have the times incorrect but the basic jist is time on earth is much faster than time in heaven.

So, with this out of the way, here is the thought I had.

What if the first day of reckoning was not a literal story of the first end of days, but referred to a prophecy regarding a major global catastrophe that will wipe out most of mankind. This event would force the remnants of man to finally realize that peace is the only alternative. We learn to love each other for what we are, not what we wish each other to be or to become.

Now we have the 1000 years of peace that is foretold after the first vanquishment of Satan when he is imprisoned for 1000 years. Since Heaven time is greater than earth time, this 1000 years could be millions of years on Earth.

The second and final day of judgement could well be just before the sun expands to engulf the earth. By then, Mankind will have figured out star travel (I hope) and will know that we must leave the planet in order to survive. The final judgement where we all stand before God could well be a metaphor describing how we are to choose who is saved and gets off the planet before Sol expands into a Red Giant.

It is said that after the final Judgement that a new Heaven and a new Earth are made above. This could refer to a newly colonized planet by the refugees of mankind.

I would like to say that I mean no disrespect to any one who is a true believer that takes the bibles word as literal truth. I am merely speculating here.

I'm off for my weekly Friday Sushi lunch at Sake Blue but will be checking back in an hour or so to see what you think.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
sorry- wrong thread for me
edit on 23-12-2011 by micmerci because: posted in wrong thread

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That's an interesting take on it.

I often believed that revelation was one big metaphore. So much so, that no one would know what really was to go down till it happened in the time of those people to witness it. Only then would they know what's comming their way. For someone 2000 years ago to hear the same, they probably wouldnt know heads or tails of whats being described, if it happened to point to today's day and age.

Ive heard other variants of what revelation is supposed to be. To me, this one makes just as much sense, I suppose. Since, of course, I would never expect a physicle dragon to come out of the ocean.. But.. Wouldnt that be a sight if it was actually litteral in that sense.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Either you believe in organized religion or you dont right? You cant make that claim then base a hypothesis based of a "organized religions" book IMO. You should check out zeitgeist "the greatest story never told" about religion. To me that is how it all went down IMO. As far as the bible and prophesies, whos to say they didnt already happen

edit on 23-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

So this means that jesus christ is in fact the "SUN" of god.
edit on 23-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why speculate about what the bible says at all? It is a work of fiction and God does not exist.

To believe in any of it to any degree or in any controlling supernatural entity when deep down you know better is only lying to yourself.

The end of the world isnt coming any time soon despite any badly translated ancient books or Mayan prophecies. To assume any prediction of future events will come true no matter what the source is a fallacy and trying to tie them in with celestial or natural events even more so.

Getting wound up about vague prophecies and bible tripe may have been entertainment when we were living in caves and mud huts. I think we can let it go these days.

Let go of the childish superstition. Your mortal security blanket of God and Jesus is holding you back and the planet as a whole is being made to look rather backward and silly by the persistence of this ancient 'cult'

We must look rather flaky to any ET's covertly studying us. Primitive religion based societies that cling to outdated and impossible beliefs and who frequently use it to justify tribal warfare. Plus we have guns and nuclear weapons and may use them on each other randomly over disputes between groups that believe in different non existant God-heads and systems of control based around them.

Sounds like a right bloody mess doesent it? If I was ET I'd keep on going to the next inhabited planet ! leave these religious savages to kill each other !

Armageddon would be another hundred years of listening to bible bashers trying to keep flogging this dead horse and making us all look stupid.

As for hell? perhaps the daftest aspect of religion which provides the best case for it all being absolute man-made fiction. Oooh a place you end up if you break the rules of God. It's too hot and you get sadistically tortured a lot. That's kind of convenient. Punishment in the afterlife, you better be good! Classic infantile psychology aimed at the primitive and gullible. Why punish your choochters and minions and waste time throwing them in cages when you can simply tell them that worse things will happen to them in the afterlife if they dont obey the rules? So then you have sane educated adults, even today, living in fear of a non existant boogeyman and his fictional resort of purgatory, simply because that book has been rammed down their throats since childhood by older generations of gullible sheep like cowards who rely on a supernatural entity to solve their problems for them in return for praying and worshiping.

The comic book mentality of absolutes and the blind belief in ancient 'holy' books displayed by some of the more mentally disturbed religious people around are what make it so detrimental and dangerous to the planet as a whole in these times.

It cracks me up that people post all over the net and here on ATS asking mostly rhetorical religion based questions either obviouslly designed to initiate a reaction from people (trolls) or asking questions about religion as if it is some branch of Science complete with experts and with this arrogant assumption/attitude that it is all 100% true and they are merely debating its nature not it's reality. A complete ignorance and lack of acknowledgement that the majority of people do not believe in God as if the existence of such people is to either be ignored or looked down on as lesser beings with less value and wisdom than members of the Jesus Mob.

It's pathetic. Cultish primitive idolatry bent on opposition and conflict. Must have been a great club to be in in the dark ages. If you still cling to it today you need to get out more or need some kind of therapy. Sorry.

edit on 23-12-2011 by angus1745 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Man, talk about being scared out of your wits! I'm going to have to do a bit of research and see what the dragon coming from the sea could be a possible metaphor of. Perhaps an under sea volcano?

reply to post by AllUrChips

I've seen Zeitgeist.

I say I do not adhere to organized religion because of two facts. One, Organized religion has done nothing but further man's agenda through out history with war, lies and murder. Second, NONE of us will know for sure until the second we die.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Please do not berate anyone for their beliefs.

While I do agree that much of the Bible was written by man and is therefor flawed, that in no way means that there isn't a creator of some sorts.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

Please do not berate anyone for their beliefs.

While I do agree that much of the Bible was written by man and is therefor flawed, that in no way means that there isn't a creator of some sorts.

I'm not berating anyone for their beliefs. Merely pointing out that belief in the non-existant is not only a waste of time but also pretty stupid. Life was not 'created' by some kind of intelligence. There was no creator. It's all just chemical reactions. You dont understand it enough so it must be 'magic' It can all be explained by a pile of tripe fiction called the 'bible' For you this means you dont have to bother speculating about or studying any scientific wonders of nature. It was all God's doing. Now get back to work digging the fields! You see how that works? The history of the universe for simpletons and the ignorant.

To blindly believe in something you know deep down is highly unlikely and improbable and that science, common sense and a complete lack of ANY positive supporting evidence seem to indicate is not and never was true makes you kind of silly.

It is ignorance and blind belief in falsehoods justified by tradition I berate. Not anyones beliefs. I may believe whatever I want, as may you. It's called freedom of thought and it isn't illegal anywhere. Some of you bible heads should try it, it's very liberating. Of course growing up you were conditioned not to question this nonsense. Pondering wether God exists would get you a thick ear at the dinner table or sent to bed early with no dinner and a hot arse.

Things work a little different in the adult world and nobody will punish you for questioning this hoary old pile of tripe fiction from the middle east. Neither will you be struck by lightning or end up in 'hell' it's all baloney

For centuries you people have been burning and murdering people like me for 'berating your beliefs' so the ball of lies and conspiracy and control can stay up in the air unquestioned ad-infinitum

Your beliefs are flawed and false, I will continue to berate these beliefs at will as it is my right to do. For too long people who attempt to strip away the facade of lies from Christianity have been shut down by baying mobs who felt that beration of a foolish idea is the same as berating the fool who holds them.

If some 'miracle' happens to prove I was wrong or if God has me 'bumped off' in some kind of divine 'mob hit' you can say I was wrong and Jesus is awesome or whatever but I dont think anything like that will happen or has ever happened to anyone ever.

God's complete lack of power or influence on anyone or anything ever is a direct result of the fact that he does not exist. A side effect of his non existence is that there is no evidence proving he exists. Absolutely none. If there was really a God surely one, just one provable miracle would have happened.

It hasn't. Ever. Let me guess, he is so almighty he doesent need to prove it and that's why? All you religious people are so proud of an unshakeable faith in something made up you overlook how incredibly silly you look to those of us who have actually done some thinking and research and come to a perfectly reasonaable and far more likely set of things that are real and actually exist.

Example, quasars and black holes. They exist and we know very little scientifically about them. Nobody denies they exist, they are 100% natural and can be seen with our eyes. Nobody is going around saying they are fictional and made up. Not one person. Why? because they EXIST and they are real. You could berate my belief in them if you had the right level of ignorance and lack of eductaion. My belief isnt false so you are making an innocent mistake. I would still be out of line if I objected to your ridiculing of what I know to be fact. You can berate any set of beliefs you dont believe in. No matter how unreasonably you go about it.

Belief in something is one thing. To be a prisoner of a false belief never questioned out of fear makes you a slave and is tantamount to prostitution of your very free will.

Next time someone attacks your religion take a step back and ask if they are actually berating you personally or simply berating an ancient lie used to scam and control the impoverished for centuries and to justify hundreds of wars and atrocities.

Blind belief in an outdated oppressive religious system and living by fables and parables designed to civilise the primitive in the dim and distant past in this day and age is just offensive. To myself and most sane people.

Acting all put out and hard done by with fake airs about 'attacking our beliefs' isn't going to stop myself and others continually pointing out the complete absurdity of religion and how utterly embarrassing to us as a species it will be seen as in the not too distant future.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I had a vivid vision about the Woman talked about in Revelation 12, and I will relate it here.
In the vision I saw the Sun grow with wild abandon, and began to throw off plasma streams toward Earth. I saw the electronic/magnetic field that protects Earth begin to collapse, and the surface begin to burn.

At the same time I saw a beautiful woman, heavy with child, and she had a crown of stars and was like the lady in Revelations. Chasing her was a very large Dragon, and the Dragon was spitting fire from it's mouth at the woman. I take this Dragon as Organized Religion, and the woman as Mother Earth, the Goddess. Religion has been trying to kill Her for centuries.

The lady screamed in pain, but was suddenly taken by the hand and led away from the beast. Then I saw Earth again, and by now it was really on fire, the plasma from the Sun was consuming it. Then I saw that a very large craft, bigger that Earth by several times, and saucer shaped, begin to tow planet Earth away from the Sun. Then I again saw the woman, but this time she was being cared for, and was no longer in danger from the Dragon.

Now I do not know the meaning of this vision, but is scared me half to death, and was very real to me at the time.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You say you are not berating anyone for there beliefs, then halfway through your diatribe you say you will continue to berate my beliefs because it is your right to do so. Apparently you also have the right to be a hypocrite.

This thread is not about my beliefs but is about my speculations on possible metaphors.
edit on 23-12-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Was this a sleeping or a waking dream?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I was awake, wide awake. Visions are in a waking state. If you are asleep, it's a dream. You knew that, didn't you?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I've never had one so I didn't know how that worked.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Now we have the 1000 years of peace that is foretold after the first vanquishment of Satan when he is imprisoned for 1000 years. Since Heaven time is greater than earth time, this 1000 years could be millions of years on Earth.

The Day of the Lord is an event when God is no longer realized by faith alone. We see Him by faith now but face to face on His day. The dead in Christ rise to new life (You must be born again) and live with Christ for 1000 years of full life. We are then able to transcend back to our first estate as we are transformed to a new nature. The final victory at the end of the last day is the beginning of the next week. Sin and death is conquered and a new heaven and a new earth are realized. The new Heaven and new earth are already here now. When Satan is revealed at the end, he is left in the empty tomb. The rock (church) is rolled away and the earth is burned up with what is left.

top topics

join