It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a giant humanoid STATUE buried in Mars??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
My point being with some value adjustments, there is information directly around the 'arm' that would suggest it is but a ridge, and not an appendage-like protrusion.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I see what you mean,and I think you are correct after looking longer at the images-
It makes sense.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Something that might want to be considered... why there? Most of the large statutes found on our planet are usually found as part of a larger complex of ruins or associated in some way with a population center. They're monuments of kings or gods, designed to be considered/worshiped/what have you. Is this possible "statue" part of a larger complex, or does it just sit out in the middle of nowhere, where it would be hard to get to? If there's nothing equally or more interesting (indicative of intelligent activity) in the nearby area, then the chances of it being a statue are even slimmer.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Every time I look at any of the pictures of what the OP is talking about, I see a new face in a different area. It truly is your mind looking for small irrelevant details.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by miniatus
Probably not .. almost certainly not actually ..

It's the eyes making patterns from random features on the surface, especially when you throw in the mix of light and shadow .. I don't even really see it, but it's much like seeing faces in the clouds.

Just because you are in denying, it doesn't mean it's not there. Unless you can PROVE that's not a statue, the "face in the clouds" explanation is just YOUR opinion.

That's like asking to prove that God doesn't exist, and because you can't prove it, he must surely exist.

I think the burden of proof is on the claimant.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by believingskeptic

It just a simple logic fallacy appeal to ignorance.

There is no evidence against p.
Therefore, p.

There is no evidence for p.
Therefore, not-p.

Or in other words...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I truly enjoy reading the deranged rants of anyone who puts up a thread like this.

"I see a 50 meter humanoid statue, wearing clothes, a handbag and it is wearing make up" "PROVE it's not there, haha I bet you can't because you haven't been to Mars".

What I can never understand is though when they're given facts, or plausible explanations, or just a dose of downright logic, they shut down and refuse to believe it is anything other than what they are seeing. How anyone expects to put up a thread like this and not expect to be laughed at is hilarious within itself.

Anyway staying on topic, there is nothing there, it's rocks. Go to Mars and prove me wrong, oh wait..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
To be honest, I've seen some interesting pictures (all debunked of course), but this one doesn't seem to show anything other than rocks. If you really work hard at using your imagination then maybe you can see something that could resemble a limb, but doesn't that tell you something that you have to use your imagination when looking at a very vague image of rocks?

I have no problem with being open minded. But most claims I've seen don't even come close to being scientific and are sometimes really, really far-fetched. I love watching Ancient Aliens, but I really dislike the style of the people the show interviews. Seems even the normal things in history are due to extraterrestrials lol. I just want to see solid evidence for these claims. Not to mention, most claims to do with aliens seem to stem from beliefs in urban legends about ETs.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

All your post does is prove NASA right when they claim it's just light and shadow.

Quit being dumb.

IMHO, I was much more interested in Arthur C Clarke's remarks a few years ago.

I'll admit I don't look at the Mars images so I can't speak from experience.
edit on 23-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Unless you have been in Mars, and have a photo of that area in Hellas Montes, showing nothing but rocks. The "pareidolia" explanation is pure redundancy and just an opinion, not a fact.

Unless you have been to Mars and have physically seen a humanoid statue then your hypothesis is pure redundancy and is just an opinion.......not a fact.

Do you see how this works?

Why do you think your opinion carries more weight than other peoples opinions?

Rocks and imagination is what I see......in my opinion of course

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I saw something similar whilst staring at my popcorn ceiling. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that yes intelligent life is behind the design of my ceiling. This picture however, shows without a doubt that popcorn ceilings rock!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

edit on 12/23/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

The anatomy and the proportions seem to be totally wrong in order for it to be a statue. Try to draw a rough human figure with those four points as a guide and I am sure you would come to the same conclusion. And I would also agree with other posters who said that it is not even a case of pareidolia. I am not denying the existence of artifacts of a previous civilization on the surface of Mars, but I would say that this photo does not exhibit such a thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Probably not .. almost certainly not actually ..

It's the eyes making patterns from random features on the surface, especially when you throw in the mix of light and shadow .. I don't even really see it, but it's much like seeing faces in the clouds.

Just because you are in denying, it doesn't mean it's not there. Unless you can PROVE that's not a statue, the "face in the clouds" explanation is just YOUR opinion.

"Conversely"(i,.e "on the other hand"): just because you say it's there does not mean its a buried statue. Neither can you'"PROVE it is".

how very"hoagland"-ish...
edit on 23-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You're seeing what you want to see. It's just a weird looking rock.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I look at Mars pics all the time and I have seen things that are 100x's better no offense.

This just looks like a cluster of rocks.

I dont see anything that resembles a statue.

Also if this were a statue it would be a really odd shaped one.

Personally my favorite Mars anomaly is Spirit 513 to Gusev Crater.
Mars Spirit 513
^^directly from NASA's site

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't see anything resembling a statue either. I think your just interpreting the image in your own way. Unless you've got access to higher res images from multiple perspectives, or you were there, its just mere speculation.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I see a giraffe, I can't imagine how you got the idea it looks like a broken skeleton falling down a flight of stairs holding a tray full of wild wings, and soda. I don't know know why you said he is also walking a dog with his pockets hanging out while he rides a surfboard over butter. I don't see the cheese stains on his eyebrow either.
Let me ask you a question, if toast=balloon, then does racket really equal cat?

No seriously I could find a hundred objects in that photo that resemble other things, but I still do not see the caterpillar.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Hahahahahaha

I have a sneaking suspicion there can't actually be people this dumb, and that he is trying to troll us with this thread.

edit on 24-12-2011 by Violence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Ridiculous claims require a circumstantial amount of evidence. That means the burden of "proof" is on you bud. Until then, you're seeing faces in the clouds. Shoot, I don't even see anything that looks remotely humanoid.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

How do we know what the Face on Mars is? Has man actually stepped foot on Mars to check it out? Fact is, we dont know what the face is. Its speculation no matter which side of the fence that you are on.

The same can be said about any "structure" on Mars
edit on 24-12-2011 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join