It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School under scrutiny after child put in bag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The real issue is who's responsibility it is to discipline the child. A teacher who is professional and trained would know how to deal with child other than tossing him in a duffle bag. I have two special teachers in my family and they are appalled. They have troubled students of all types and even when they get physical, they have non-violent ways and they make sure they talk to the parents in their ways of defusing situations such as these. How is putting a kid in duffle bag with balls inside it considered therapy?

The teacher should have defused the situation or at worst, called the child's parents in to defuse the situation, not stuff him in the bag. Thankfully the child was not harmed. I am not opposed to physical disciplining of children, but it should be done by the parents without anger and the child made to understand the reason for the punishment. Children are great, but don't kid yourself, they require a bit of effort and work on the parents' side. Teachers are there for education, supervision, safety, and only mild forms of discipline involving extra assignments, time techniques, and loss of time punishments, nothing physical in nature.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by grubblesnert

i am the nicest person you might ever meet.
Mes with my kids mentally or physically and then they call themself adults...
heck yes i would beat wholesale butt..and then take there names down afterwards

edit on 23-12-2011 by grubblesnert because: sounded funny when I wrote it, then reconsidered and struck it.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think this is a classic example of just how barbaric the school systems have become.

We have unqualified administrators.

We have unqualified teachers, many who tailgated through school themselves.

Does anyone know if the teachers or administrators have a history of drug/alcohol abuse ?
All that has been in style for years.

Have their ID's been throughly scrutinized ?

Is/was the kid on Ritalin treatment ?

Is any of the above is "yes", then WHO has made this "error" ?

Why was this kid not in a better special ed program ?

I say sanction the admins, teachers and anybody else involved.

Is there any evidence of sex abuse as well ?

barbaric.

edit on Dec-24-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Think about this, the Federal and state governments funnel millions and millions and millions of dollars. Over the years, this money has gone to a few good causes. Let's face it, teachers do need to get paid and it is good to pay for continuing their education to because they can pass it on. But did you know that a lot of schools funnel more money into their sports programs and still charge the students entrance fees, equipment fees, and etc. The schools buy new text books almost every year and for what? Much of the text books contain the same thing year to year so what is the point of wasting money. The media complains about teachers making up to $60K a year, but we fail to see the administrators who make well over $100K to $200K a year. Then you have DoE on a state level and then DoE on a Federal level. Many of those administrators are making well over $80K to $200K. The money from or taxes and lotteries line the pockets of administrators. I have many family and friends as teachers. I can tell the good ones from the bad ones. The good ones are the ones who put forth their own money, spend that extra time out of their day. Unfortunately I have friends that are teachers who I know are not good teachers because they are just using the teaching as a stepping stone to become administrators to get away from the students. The state tests are a joke, they spend most of the years preparing the kids to pass the tests when it should be educating the students and conveying the importance of the information for life, not to get funds from the government.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If my dad was called to school to get me because I was so unruly the teachers thought I needed to be secured in a bag. When I heard his voice I would have been begging them teachers not to let me out.

I'm not saying what they did was right, hell if the teacher had trouble getting the kid out of that bag I cant help but wonder what would have happened in an emergency. But teachers should have the power to enforce enough discipline to let their students know that school is not a place you want to mess around. I have never once spanked my kids but you can rest assured there is no doubt in there heads they know they don't want to go to a certain level with me. No one should be forced to take the disrespect some of these kids put on these teachers. If you don't like that the teacher crossed the line maybe you should enforce on your kid not to flirt with the line, not try to end someone who dedicated there life to help other people. The bag sucks, and is unsafe and I'm sure there is a better way but seriously its simple, don't act like a #head and you wont get the bag. If the kid cant grasp that he/she will never grasp math or science so regular school isn't going to work for them.
edit on 24-12-2011 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by clarkness

Good info

It's nothing short of an Education/Industrial complex.

I think they may be focusing too much on financial "income" education when they educate the educators.
"Success" makes believers out of the worst maniacs.

I wonder what this kid's life will be like when he's 30.

This incident is one of hundreds maybe even thousands.

The good people in education have been overrun by the psychopaths.

I wonder how much those special bags cost?

I think each teacher and administrator should be "bagged" as part of a training session when they're taught how to use the damn things !

barbaric.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join