It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Admins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I am contemplating making a post about HEMP,
WE all know what Hemp is, and the growing of Hemp is legal where i live, am i allowed to discuss this topic here at ATS?

Im talking about its uses as fuel, fiber, food, and industry (ill leave medicine out)
OR is it still against the T&C? Seeing as how hemp is not a drug, im sure we should be allowed to discuss it.

And discuss the potential positive impacts on society as a whole.
edit on 23/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hi Azure,

Ive been following your posts in my thread on the Keystone Pipeline. You have brought up a very good topic, and I do hope that starting a thread on hemp as a source for fuel is not frowned upon. It is a very viable topic in these days of energy crisis. Growing of this crop would also help the agricultural field in many ways.

I'm all for it

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Hi Azure,

Ive been following your posts in my thread on the Keystone Pipeline. You have brought up a very good topic, and I do hope that starting a thread on hemp as a source for fuel is not frowned upon. It is a very viable topic in these days of energy crisis. Growing of this crop would also help the agricultural field in many ways.

I'm all for it

Thank you for support my friend. I really hope we can discuss it because it needs to be addressed. It could replace up to 70% of all paper-wood products. It can replace building materials. Fuel. Soybeans (monsanto doesn't want us to talk about it).

There are 25,000 uses for the hemp plant that we can discuss.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Please forgive me, I feel crabby after reading the OP on paying taxes is a war crime.

My opinion? You won't have a chance of getting it approved. In some places you can find any kind of drug, on the street, but in other places it violates laws. ATS doesn't want to be seen as getting near the boundary line of legal, so in this one area they are very strict.

You might have saved a little time sending a U2U to a mod, or posting in Board Business & Questions, but of course, that's your call. Wish you luck.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There are a ton of threads on hemp so my suggestion is to hit the search button and see if any of them cover the things you want to discuss. Odds are there are several threads that do.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'M SORRY!! I WAS CLEARLY WRONG. HAVE NO MERCY ON ME. (I hate screwing up like this)

An apology is always appropriate.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
There are a ton of threads on hemp so my suggestion is to hit the search button and see if any of them cover the things you want to discuss. Odds are there are several threads that do.

Im sure there is lots of threads on hemp here,
But im talking at least a 3 or 4 post OP that discusses all aspects of it, and its more entertaining to have live discussion on a topic. (instead of going back a few years and reading posts posted from then, kinda ruins the discussion for me)
Also, it would bring it back to the forefront of peoples minds, because we all know if something doesn't get reposted from time to time, people forget about it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I would think Azure, the OP, is adult and intelligent enough to set guidelines in the opening post. Set the rules of what the parameters of the topic of discussion will be. And, that they will be adhered to. Maybe even even give warning that any off topic posts will be alerted to a mod.

Has ATS come to the point of dumbing down of relevant topics to meet an influx of less than observant posters?

I hope not. jmoho

ETA: just saw the Admin post...good idea

edit on 23-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

a duplicate discussion is unnecessary as the end result will be the same discussion with new dates so, again, search many hemp threads for the one that you feel has the best discussion in it, add your post(s) and let it run from there. it will garner the same attention as a new thread and will avoid the inevitable repeat comments and complaints that it's a duplicate thread.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

No need for apologies Charles, you were at least partly right (imho!) by either placing this in board business or directly U2U'ing Mod's. Good intentions rarely need an apology. Your heart is in the right place friend.

A Site Administrator has now kindly replied with good advice and info.

edit on 23/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well thats kind of lame. Ill take a look through some of the discussions, and if nothing piques my interest i'll be back here. Seeing as how i already have two pages of text written and only have about 1/3 of the things i would like to discuss, hahaha.

Thanks for the advice.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
admin, if threads were never repeated this board would die. It's obvious there is some discrimination happening here.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The way i see it, if i post on a 3 year old thread, no one is going to repsond.
and if someone does, i'd be extremely lucky,

Threads get repeated here constantly, from years back, and it inquires new discussing because lots has happened between the last post and the next one. But once again, ill check it out.

I see it more as providing information for people who might not otherwise know.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Uhmmm?
If you care more about the information getting out 'there' than Stars and Flags etc. you would just NECRO the old threads by posting a reply in them and this will do the following ...

1] It will bump that old thread to the very top of the recents threads page!

2] It will make all the information you have supplied instantly available to the current membership base of ATS & the world wide webs PUBLIC at large!

3] It will still attract stars from members who wish to reward your efforts!

Personal Disclosure: I see it more as providing information for people who might not otherwise know.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
The way i see it, if i post on a 3 year old thread, no one is going to repsond.
and if someone does, i'd be extremely lucky,

Threads get repeated here constantly, from years back, and it inquires new discussing because lots has happened between the last post and the next one. But once again, ill check it out.

I see it more as providing information for people who might not otherwise know.

Tis true....old threads do not take into account the current financial crisis. The subject of hemp as a viable source for creation of fuel, and jobs in our current political arena, makes it kind of a new topic...jmoho

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Im looking through some of the threads, a lot of them are closed. Still searching for a good one to post all my accrued information in.

Information is never bad, and if more people were aware of the potential impact of such information.. Maybe ill write a canadian letter to ron paul, if he wins the presidency. I think he would be on board to making it happen.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

thank you for the spot on reasoning of why we prefer our members continue discussions in ongoing threads.

there's no discrimination here. on the contrary, I am suggesting the member post information in an existing thread whereas the odds of a new thread about hemp lasting is minimal for the following reasons:

1. it's a repeat of old discussions
2. it devolves into the same old conversation about hemp's cousin

so, again, search the multitude of threads that exist, find one to your liking and add to it. if you cannot find a thread that discusses some of the uses of hemp that you want to discuss, let me know.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Obviously, I have lost all credibility here, so just let me ask a question. Assume, for a minute, that hemp is the miracle plant. It can do anything and has miraculous healing powers. Assume further that you get that information out to ATSers.

What do you want us do then? Grow our own? Petition the government to start hemp farms? (I'm asking honestly, out of ignorance.)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Obviously, I have lost all credibility here, so just let me ask a question. Assume, for a minute, that hemp is the miracle plant. It can do anything and has miraculous healing powers. Assume further that you get that information out to ATSers.

What do you want us do then? Grow our own? Petition the government to start hemp farms? (I'm asking honestly, out of ignorance.)

Thats the thing. I do not know how we could implement it. Perhaps the fine users of ats could help me with this. And yes, if you do the research you will find that Hemp IS a miracle plant. It is the most versatile and useful.

But information never hurt anyone, lots of people never consider the use of hemp, because in the united states it is illegal along with its cousin, just because they can i suppose.

But the more people know, the less the government can lie about us being reliant on fossile fuels, wood, and petrochemicals. If everyone knew that we could grow this industrially, environmentally friendly, cheaper gas, food, clothes. Stronger building materials, and clothes, ropes and twine.

So versatile. If i ever win multiple millions of dollars i know where i am investing it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by OmegaLogos

thank you for the spot on reasoning of why we prefer our members continue discussions in ongoing threads.

there's no discrimination here. on the contrary, I am suggesting the member post information in an existing thread whereas the odds of a new thread about hemp lasting is minimal for the following reasons:

1. it's a repeat of old discussions
2. it devolves into the same old conversation about hemp's cousin

so, again, search the multitude of threads that exist, find one to your liking and add to it. if you cannot find a thread that discusses some of the uses of hemp that you want to discuss, let me know.

Valid points my friends, i am searching as we speak right now, trying to find a decent threat that is more recent and wasn't in the narcotics board that is currently shut down (cant post in it)

This may talk me a few hours or so, as i am writing a large article about it as we speak that i will probably post in a multitude of places, but i spend most of my time on this board. Thinking of including the history of hemp as well, and perhaps the reasons as to why it is illegal. ( i will add all this to a thread i like)

I do have a random question tho, i've considered it before.. Is it possible to give OP's control over the posts of their thread? (as in being able to delete off topic posts)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join