It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots witness UFO over Manchester airport - January, 1995.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Interesting UFO case involving pilots of a Boeing 737 witnessing a UFO over Manchester airport in January 1995 -the witnesses describe a wedged shaped object with a possible black stripe down the side and 'small white lights rather like an illuminated Christmas tree' which came very close to their aircraft at high speed from the opposite direction, it also states in the report that one of the pilots actualy ducked thinking there would be a collision. Doug Robb and Anthony Booth make some interesting comments in the video about the case and, although the incident was the subject of an official CAA investigation, the object still remains unexplained.

SUMMARY OF INFORMATION TO JAS THE B737 PILOT reports that he was over the Pennines, about 8 or 9 NM SE of Manchester Airport, at 4000ft, while being radar vectored by Manchester radar on 119.4. He was flying at 180-210 kt on a N heading and squaking 5734 with Mode C selected. Although it was dark, visibility was over 10 km with a fairly strong NW wind (340/30). While flying just above the tops of some rugged Cu both he and the first officer saw a lighted (see JAS notes) object fly down the RH side of the ac at a high speed from the opposite direction. He was able to track the object through the RH windscreen and side window, having it is sight for a total of about 2 seconds. There was no apparent sound or wake. The first officer instinctively 'ducked' as it went by.

B737 (1848) - 'c/s we just had something go down the RHS just above us very fast.'

Manchester - 'Well, there's nothing seen on radar. Was it er an ac?'

B737 - 'Well, it had lights, it went down the starboard side very quick.'

Manchester - 'And above you?'

B737 - 'er, just slightly above us, year.'

Manchester - 'Keep an eye out for something, er, I can't see anything at all at the moment so, er, must have,
er, been very fast or gone down very quickly after it passed you I think.'

B737 - 'OK. Well, there you go!'

Pilot sketch of the object:

Links:

Newspaper articles

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Glad to see you again Karl.

Interesting thread, as usual.
S&F..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ok just watched it , very interesting , but the thing is that I believe that the UFO was hovering in one place because the plane should have been traveling very fast and to see the object clearly and can be described in that way means that the UFO was not moving at all .

Just my opinion .

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
Ok just watched it , very interesting , but the thing is that I believe that the UFO was hovering in one place because the plane should have been traveling very fast and to see the object clearly and can be described in that way means that the UFO was not moving at all .

Just my opinion.

Another classic ATS analysis....

Would a stationary object the size of a small business jet which was being passed at only 200 knots likely have been described as "streaking" by? No....

200 knots (the aircraft's speed) is not fast at all WRT air travel: only about 230 mph, or ~370 kph. (In fact, it's pretty near the *slowest* speed that a 737 could fly without stalling, unless entering approach configurations....) Anyway, 200 knots = just under 350 feet per second, or ~100 meters per second. And the pilots say the object was visible for 2 seconds. Assuming (pretty reasonably) that the pilot lost sight as soon as the object was beyond his 3 o'clock, then that means that this aircraft-sized object that they saw, if stationary, was only a mere 700 feet (~200 meters) away when it FIRST became visible to them. Doesn't that sound unlikely? At that 700-ft. point, this lighted object would have occupied an angle of over 4 degrees. (Horizontally, and assuming 50 ft. width.) That's about the width of 8 full moons. So, you're saying that they didn't see this object when it was a paltry 4 or 6 full-moons wide... that it only became noticeable when it was the size of 8? That's what would have to be true if this object were stationary....

I think that the object was almost certainly not stationary. No pilot would describe 200 knots as "streaking".... It's a speed they're quite used to.

And is 2 seconds a long time? Nope. However... imagine your dog or cat entering the room and passing by you right now, upright, dressed in a pink tux, with top-hat and cane, tap dancing like Sammy Davis Jr. ... for 2 entire seconds. Imagine that, and time it for 2 seconds. Surprisingly long, right? It is when you're seeing something unbelievable....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've heard of this case before but never watched that particular documentary on it. Thanks Karl

Sounds like aliens psychologically nudging us towards the reality of their existence. But what do I know?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Pretty cool. I'm just trying to imagine what a debunker would try to do with a case like this. Superior mirage of what? Some kind of boat or blimp? Or just a helicopter towing an advertising banner? Secret aircraft near a commercial airport seems unlikely.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Truth to tell i am becomming more convinced every day that the bulk of these alien craft have not much regard for earth people or their vehicles.
Perhaps cloaking is customary, but they occaisionally for whatever reason turn off the cloaking machine, or they dont have one aboard that craft......
I think they go about their business without much regard for us down here......just enough so they dont stir us up......

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Very, VERY interesting case.

I am guessing it was some kind of classified "drone" - seeing that the pilots compare the size max. to a "light aircraft". Only rational explanation i can come up with. A drone would also fit their description "somewhat" (minus the lights of course).

I am a little puzzled that (if you look at the pictures)...in those two seconds the pilot could even make out what he calls jets, in the back of the craft.
edit on 23-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Very, VERY interesting case.

I am guessing it was some kind of classified "drone" - seeing that the pilots compare the size max. to a "light aircraft". Only rational explanation i can come up with. A drone would also fit their description "somewhat" (minus the lights of course).

I am a little puzzled that (if you look at the pictures)...in those two seconds the pilot could even make out what he calls jets, in the back of the craft.

A drone certainly shouldn't have been operating in that area. And I doubt the pilot saw the aft of the vessel but doddled in some jets there.

edit on 23-12-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Humans have been building crafts like this since like at least the 40's, I don't know why everyone always jumps to the "alien" conclusion.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Humans have been building crafts like this since like at least the 40's, I don't know why everyone always jumps to the "alien" conclusion.

You hit the nail on the coffin. These people are completely obsessed with little green men.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You know it's curious how people will welcome one theory on secret happenings to help with their insecurities on the other.

"Of course it's not aliens, we have all been building flying saucers secretly ever since Nazi Germany"

You do realise the building of "flying saucers" by humans is already a confirmation of an alien presence in the Solar System? With regarding the TR-3B Astra for instance and it's engine powered by plasma-based mercury that helps to nullify gravity. That's back-engineered technology; guess where from?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Another great thread, Karl.

Although the sighting lasted only a few seconds, the quality of the official investigation, particularly by the excellent Anthony Booth, surely make this case one of the most convincing pilot sightings of all.

Interesting that only just over two weeks later, and not far south of the location of the pilots' sighting, according to Omar Fowler three witnesses reported a rounded triangle with bright lights around the edges hovering over a housing estate near Derby:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I flew 737's in and out of Manchester then, and i do now. The place is a mess, well a bit better now, but close calls with various types of experimental airplanes sure wasn't unheard of back then.

Going 200kts with another plane in the oposit direction i wouldn't trust my eyes on what i saw.
Then add that haze at lower altitudes even on a clear day and it very well could have been a Cessna.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

Wouldn't a Cessna have showed up on radar? I thought a prototype stealth drone would be more likely... but then again that wouldn't have had lights....

Interesting case but as usual not enough data such as other sightings.

edit on 24/12/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

Wouldn't a Cessna have showed up on radar?

It could, if it had an active transponder. After a few seconds it would be among the mess of other smaller airplanes and helicopters.

As i recall in 1993 there were 13 unsolved cases of near collisions in that airspace, in one month.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thank you OP, I have never heard of nor seen that vid. Very interesting

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
You know it's curious how people will welcome one theory on secret happenings to help with their insecurities on the other.

"Of course it's not aliens, we have all been building flying saucers secretly ever since Nazi Germany"

You do realise the building of "flying saucers" by humans is already a confirmation of an alien presence in the Solar System? With regarding the TR-3B Astra for instance and it's engine powered by plasma-based mercury that helps to nullify gravity. That's back-engineered technology; guess where from?

Please tell me how do you know(so well) flying saucers is some sort a confirmation of alien technology or alien presence in the MW?

Must I thank hollywood for influencing you?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

edit on 24-12-2011 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
excellent video, I live about 30 miles from Manychester airport in North wales and iv had one clearcut UFO or should I say 'alien' sighting, it's going to be very interesting when the mainstream media decide to lift the lid and all the fools who think they can explain so many amazing sightings and testimony with absolute crap about weather balloons and military flares will choke on there own egg nog! Merry Christmas everyone

top topics

<<   2 >>

join