Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Game Over: Scans of Over 50 Ron Paul Newsletters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I know this will probably get moved (anything anti Ron Paul always does get moved to the dungeon never to be seen again) But, this is who people are wanting as our president and so, I wanted to bring to light some of what many of us already knew about this evil little man.

For a certain segment of the Ron Paul fanbase, no evidence of his disseminating hateful, paranoid material will ever be enough. Citing James Kirchick's piece in The New Republic wasn't sufficient, because Kirchick could have just been "making everything up." Then, when I and others posted copies of "The Ron Paul Political Report Special Issue on Race Terrorism," that too wasn't convincing.

The truth is finally revealed about Ron Paul, will his adoring fan base still insist that he is the second coming of Jesus Christ? Will they still worship the ground he walks on and behave like cult members awaiting for his instruction to drink the cyanide laced Kool Aid? (probably)

Source:Game Over: Scans of Over 50 Ron Paul Newsletters

Congressman Ron Paul's defense for the startlingly racist material published in his newsletters in the 1980s and '90s is, essentially, that he didn't write the material and he didn't know it was there.

Source:Not buying the Ron Paul defense

Combining these scans of official Ron Paul communications, with his generous gifts from Stormfront. Who can deny that Ron Paul doesn't represent the American ideal of equality?

His denial of knowledge about these documents is even worse if true. It would mean that Ron Paul is completely and totally incompetent in handling internal affairs of his staff. Proof positive that he doesn't have what it takes to be the Chief Executive of this country. His complete failure here just shows exactly what kind of person he really is. Someone who deserves scorn, and not accolades.

Of course, this will get moved to a hidden corner so that no one will have their hero shown in the daylight for what and who he really is. And his secret will continue to be safe.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yeah, Ron paul has already addressed these letters in 1997 (i do believe?) and many times since then.
Im not surprised he got pissed off at that reporter, after answering the same question for 10 years you would kind of get tired of it.

Newsletters are one thing, RP's friends seem to think he is not racist at all. He didn't write those, and therefore not his thoughts.

Also, how many people are named Ron Paul anyways? What if it's a different one? Is he guilty just because he has the same name? I havent read the newsletters because i dont care. Every president you elect will be racist in some points or another, get over it.

And if he's so racist, why does he have so many black supporters then?

Maybe it was 07..
edit on 23/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Also, how many people are named Ron Paul anyways? What if it's a different one?

No, these were produced under Ron Paul's name, the one running for president currently. They were produced by his staff and apparently with little oversight.

Isn't it funny that he might have said something 20 years ago and it's a big deal, but all the other runners who are openly racist against Arabs, don't feel any heat?

Most of the people so bent out of shape about this are White. And with that, the same people here moaning and griping about illegals and wellfare queens, and we know EXACTLY what their intent is when using those terms.

Pfft
edit on 23-12-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It doesn't matter if he answered the question a million times...he is running for President of the united states. Not everyone heard his answer 10 years ago.

His frustration and refusal to continue to answer speaks volumes about what his true feelings are about these newsletters.

They were written by him or a close associate, they were written by his on company, they were written under his name, he made a TON of money off of these newsletters.

YES, he needs to answer this questions ANYTIME someone wants to ask him about it...doesn't matter if it is a million times...he needs to answer it. And until he reveals ALL information about who exactly wrote them and why he was so incompetent in reviewing and approving his own damn newsletter...I say every reporter that interviews him should ask him this question.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
In the end what if he is racist?

So what?

It only becomes a problem if he votes with racist ideals.

Voting against a racist institution like affirmative action doesnt make one racist. In fact supporting affitmative action makes one racist.

I'd rather have a libertarian bigot in office than an authoritarian non-bigot. A libertarian bigot is by definition benign.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

It doesn't matter if he answered the question a million times...he is running for President of the united states. Not everyone heard his answer 10 years ago.

His frustration and refusal to continue to answer speaks volumes about what his true feelings are about these newsletters.

They were written by him or a close associate, they were written by his on company, they were written under his name, he made a TON of money off of these newsletters.

YES, he needs to answer this questions ANYTIME someone wants to ask him about it...doesn't matter if it is a million times...he needs to answer it. And until he reveals ALL information about who exactly wrote them and why he was so incompetent in reviewing and approving his own damn newsletter...I say every reporter that interviews him should ask him this question.

Im referring to a recent interview with some woman from ABC i think.
He answered the question, and said reporter continued to drive the same question, or similar questions at him, even though he just answered it..

Well, did obama or any other president have newsletters? or politician i should say? How many politicians would take the time to read newsletters their company makes.. But anyways, it doesn't matter to me. I cant vote for him. I wish i could though.

And i think i read somewhere that when the newsletters were written, he was being a doctor at the time, delivering babies and such. I dunno

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yes, and I'm glad CNN and the rest have pursued this so I can make an informed decision...again. I'm satisfied with his response. His ACTUAL word and deeds have shown to me and probably MILLIONS of others that he is guilty of not overseeing the printing and editing of this paper. And i am certain that he has learned from this mistake and it will never be repeated as long as he holds a public office.

Evil man? Kim Jung il was evil. Get a grip.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
wow, just wow

we have a president elected 3 years with zero qualifications, the man hung out with Bill Ayers, refuses to release any school information, we all have to take him on his word, he won his seat in illinois under shady circumstances, yet all you anti RP'ers have newsletters, thats all you got. I am not saying I am a Ron Paul fan, I am still learning about all the candidates, I made it a point from now on, I have to know all I can know about them before voting, a smile and a teleprompter won't cut. But wow, its pathetic your attempts to bring him down, hows it feel to know it's not working. lol.

where was all this scrutiny and digging deeper about Obama?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
he answered to the same question by the same network 4 years ago

have a look

apparently the media now has only two questions for paul and they are :

1- are you going to run as an independent ?
2- did you write those news letters ?

so this is the most important thing that the media cares about as if there isnt any important issue to talk about

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well, did obama or any other president have newsletters? or politician i should say? How many politicians would take the time to read newsletters their company makes.. But anyways, it doesn't matter to me. I cant vote for him. I wish i could though. And i think i read somewhere that when the newsletters were written, he was being a doctor at the time, delivering babies and such. I dunno

I think they've gone as far as sealing obama's college papers. This from the most transparent admin ever.....

And maybe the op can find out how many of those babies were white? that would be 'proof' of his evil ways.

They man makes a living bring life into this world and he's called evil.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not this pathetic garbage again. Use the search function and comment on whats already there.

Guess what? Obama posted Black panthers at key voting sites to throw the election. Several armed with clubs. For the sole purpose of intimidating whites to not turn out and vote. Blatant voting intimidation that should have had law enforcement cracking down on it. We the people should have brought clubs and given a beat down right there on the spot for interfering in the voting process.

Acorn went out and targeted black and minority only persons to register and vote...for who? Obama

Dont start with the racist waa waa crybaby crap. This coming from a brown man with common sense.

Obama had his chance and ruined the country. Kick him to the curb and get back on track.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'll say this about the subject, and it will be one of the most important things said about this topic that you will see on this site. Now, if we can get over the rabid Love/Hate of Paul, we can see something very important here.

An individual's name is very important. Signing a name or attributing words with a name creates a binding effect.
Much like a piece of legislation that goes before congress, and much like a bill that lands on the President's desk, these news letters had a name linked to them. One must take care to what one signs their name to, or has affiliated with their brand, for it is the same as a bill. One must read the legislation, sign it, and publish it. It would be more than irresponsible to neglect one of the steps, correct?

I give Paul the benefit of the doubt here. He didn't know, so I drop the implications of the newsletters. However, what this does show me is a lack of oversight on Paul's part in his "younger years", but how young...way older than I am now. I would think the man to have the sense enough to check the things affiliated with him at all times. That news letter is the equivalent to a young man or woman having a filthy facebook page due to raunchy friends, and failing several job interviews because of it.

One must have the forethought to guard against these things. One must be careful what they sign their names to. For if they are they are not, consequences of affiliation will emerge. Would we ever forgive George Bush and members for the Patriot Act just because "Oops, I didn't read it? I didn't know what was in there?"

Drop the Anti/Pro Paul rhetoric and look at this situation objectively. A message of responsibility and name brand management can be found.

Before I am attacked, I have to say that I wouldn't mind a Paul presidency. I'll make a thread later, but I think he is the grand unifier of Conspiracy that will lead to a world similar to that which I immerse myself in when I step in to ATS and other conspiracy related forums. Haha, but that is for another post. He definitely won't be status quo, and he definitely isn't America's last great hope...that passed a long time ago. But worry not, because I'm not Anti/Pro Paul. I simply don't mind seeing what I can "predict" my opponents doing coming to fruition. No...Paul does not count as an opponent of mine, nor does the government, look higher up.
edit on 23-12-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Et tu, Mr. Destructo? is a politics, sports and media blog whose sole purpose is to either tell jokes or try to be really right about things. All of us have real jobs and frankly don't need the hassle that telling jokes here might occasion, which is why it's more tasteful to pretend to be living or dead mass murderers. Or Flav. We are paid hacks, lawyers, engineers and people with backgrounds in economics, history, science, media promotion and public policy. We are all dog people. And we are beautiful.

This is the summery of who are working at Mr. Distructo, a blog website, a source you used to claim that RP is a racist. The author of said blog goes by the pen name Mobutu Sese Seko, a man that embezzled $5 billion USD from his country. I wouldn't give any credit to that source.

Your other source is yet another blog from MSNBC, possibly the most far left MSM outlet in the country, who just LOVES to drum up scandals from conservatives.

And your third source is from the American Thinker, and by contributor Andrew Walden, who I personally have never heard of and wouldn't give much credit too considering his "long line of work".

You have failed to prove to me in any way shape or form that the man I will be voting for to become the GOP nominee is anything near a racist. In fact you have only proven to me that these media outlets will try to scrape ANYTHING off the bottom of the barrel to discredit someone that has a long line of consistency and voter popularity.

Find me absolute proof that Ron Paul wrote those newsletters and/or knew the contents of said newsletters.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is such a weak issue. And everything that is wrong with America. Even the worst of those newsletters is not that bad. Given the age and climate of the era.

Focus on things that actually matter for once in your life people...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
In the end what if he is racist?

So what?

It only becomes a problem if he votes with racist ideals.

Voting against a racist institution like affirmative action doesnt make one racist. In fact supporting affitmative action makes one racist.

I'd rather have a libertarian bigot in office than an authoritarian non-bigot. A libertarian bigot is by definition benign.

this is basically worth quoting..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
For all those claiming the high and mighty road, I ask you this.
Who is not racist?
Red, Yellow, Black and White, it doesn't matter. You may feel, and publicly pronounce your anti-racial viewpoints, but you are still a human being.
If you have ever thought your not racist, your not alone but you still will pass judgement based on race, before you meet the individual. There may well be those around the world that truly have an outlook of "mankind" alone. But, the percentage would be so small, it would be unmeasurable.

Race, Religion, Creed we all pass judgement from our own paradigm.

We think that a President should be god like. That's why we are in the position we are in today.
A candidate need only speak a certain way, look a certain way and pat you on the head while telling stories from days gone by or by placing you in a position of fear for the opposition.
We need to break the hold of the Hollywood style, made up candidate and instead vote for the man or woman who truly understands that this is our country and we place them in their position to represent us and us alone. Not the lobby, not the special interest and not any religious viewpoints.

We vote for the person that speaks and looks presidential, with only a little regard for his/her politics. We have chosen a side, primarily democrat or republican then we are forced to pick from those 2 for the most part.

The parties need to be over. We need to vote the individual, without the monetary corruption that exists in our current elections. By the time almost anyone gets in office, the deck is already stacked with IOU's.

Its not the people, its the process. We need a balanced form of elections to get the right person in office that will represent those that voted them there.

But again, we will vote on fear and flag and whoever tells us the nice things we want to hear, but the IOU's must be repaid.

Get rid of the process and vote for the person.
That's my 2 cents worth.
edit on 23-12-2011 by LDS911 because: edited for spelling error
edit on 23-12-2011 by LDS911 because: spelling again

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You are one brave person Hauntwok.
The actual name for this forum is Ron Pauls' Above Top Secret.
That is a lot of newsletters and to say Ron had no idea what's in them?
Come on. Ron Paul is a representative not a senator. He's been the rep for
my ex-wires home town for many years. It's a tiny operation. It's not a bustling
mailroom. Maybe a couple aides and Mr. Paul. He knew exactly what was in these
newsletters. Man up Paul supporters. He can own up, people change. It's much
worse to deny. If Obama had 50 newsletters about being commie or for black
power, 90% of the members of this site would trip over their keyboards to exploit it.
I like Ron,and people say some crazy things over the years, so what ?
But to say he had no idea? Deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
But I already knew the newsletters existed. I already have seen countless websites that listed each and everyone of the most damaging quotes. What difference does it make that now I can physically see them?

I'm not asking this because I'm trying to discredit the OP's thread. I'm asking because, when looked at with a LOGICAL lense, what will change now that I can see the newsletters that I already believe existed? Even Ron Paul said that newsletters under his name existed, he just wasn't aware of some of the content.

Seeing them makes no difference. He disavowed them years ago, and I believe him. His voting record and speeches do not correlate with him being a racist.

As of right now Ron Paul still has my vote.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Actually, i would like to know what is really more potentially upsetting for people... that Ron Paul could be a closet racist and bigot, or that Ron Paul could have a future neglect in the oversight of his administration? Because there is obvious conflicting information regarding him being a racist.

Voters that vote on policy aren't going to be swayed by this, its the ones who vote on character that are. It is much easier for the average American to look at character and create their own political scenarios for a simile comparison. They choose that the character can influence decisions, i mean how can you just trust a candidate's word right?

The cool thing about Ron Paul is that he remains the most consistent for policy, and even respects the difference in personal values that each American has the right to have.

It's a shame that the Newsletters are a deal breaker for some, and from what i've seen in some segments of media commentary is that it would be better if Ron Paul actually admitted he was racist in the past and has now repented, because if he doesn't then it grants the possibility he's still lying if he says it isn't true.

People don't want to critically think and weigh arguments, they want guilt and submission.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join