It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even More social Features?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Is there any work towards a status update for your profile? No, it won't be connected to facebook, but we have a mood changer here although you can't really set up your own mood. It is possible to implement some sort of status update though to let other ATS members see how you are or what you are doing.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

let other ATS members see how you are or what you are doing.

Why is this important? Does anyone care that I just made a batch of speghetti with mushrooms?
Most ATS members just want members to participate in their threads. As long as you're responding, we know you're OK and still alive. Besides, my mood changes according to the subject I'm discussing.

The day ATS becomes more like a social networking site is when I know it's time to leave.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Does anyone care that I just made a batch of speghetti with mushrooms?

Was it good?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

let other ATS members see how you are or what you are doing.

Why is this important? Does anyone care that I just made a batch of speghetti with mushrooms?
Most ATS members just want members to participate in their threads. As long as you're responding, we know you're OK and still alive. Besides, my mood changes according to the subject I'm discussing.

The day ATS becomes more like a social networking site is when I know it's time to leave.

Right on!!!!!

Why people feel the need to share with the world everything they do like what their "mood" is, or where they go, or what they eat or what they are thinking or when they take a number 1 or a number 2 in their bathroom is WAAAY beyond me. As I am shaking my head, all I can ask is [color=dodgerblue]WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY?????!!!!!!

Weird world we live in. Oh wait, I have to go take a bathroom break. I'll be sure to post and also "tweet" and update my Myspace and Facebook page and let everyone know what I did in the bathroom when I am done and what my new "mood" is.

Its all just so D@MNED retarded!!

*SIGH!!!!!!!!!*

We dont need that type of silly nonsense at ATS.
edit on 24-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

You didn't get my Tweet?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Thanks for backing my stance on this issue.
Social networking sites need to go back to where they came from, but people are so addicted now it's crazy. Everyone is so self centered anymore and need constant attention, it's scary.
Plus, they know that it's monitored and keep giving up the goods on themselves.
Question: If you knew that a Peeping Tom was watching you, would you wash your windows or buy thicker drapes?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
wont translate my thoughts on "status" updates... trying to be nice for the holidays..

Dont want pointless rubbish like that here.. theres 7 billion people in the world could care less about their "status" .. leave that rubbish on damn farcebook where the mindless masses run rampant .. dont lower the standards of ATS . bad enough having the farcebook zombie invasion that has hit here lately..

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more, it really puts one off that thread after thread the mind numbing facebookization, continues to trample over everything, maybe I´m old and grumpy, but there isn't much discussion in here lately, only the spewing of gut opinions, that is also valid of course, but the quality of the mindspace has greatly diminished, still, we linger on.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I dont see the reason why?¿?
why not have a red alert button though....like star trek lcars....flashing red crap to alert yourself you are in fact a nerd on alert.

..oh and a self destruct button....so you can say FTW in your own special little way when you are in that sort of mood.....lol
edit on 26-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just my personal opinion, but I think changing the Mood field in our profiles works fine.

new topics

top topics

join