It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is really the terrorist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
George Washington amassed more troops to fight and kill Americans than he ever did to fight the British.

Tyranny.

Abraham Lincoln had to get Russia's entire Pacific and Atlantic Navy Fleets to port in Union ports to defeat the States fighting for a smaller Federal Government in the US Civil War. Those Russian military guys didn't live on those Naval ships...they were foreign troops on US soil to kill Americans.

Tyranny.

Bill Clinton used 20,000 U.S. Army Troops to overthrow Haiti. France set up Haiti so they allll had jobs growing crops.. Haiti was doing good. Until Bill Clinton put that Apartheid Dictator in charge, then proceeded to dump Arkansas crops onto Haiti that were Federally subsidized....making the food prices cheaper than the Haitians could even grow it. Haiti had its money sucked out, people had no jobs, and they were destroyed before that Earthquake ever hit them.

Tyranny.

After we defeated Spain in the US-Spanish War, Spain ceded its military forts in the Philippines to the US. America went to the Philippines and said we own you. The Filipino's could read and the Treaty between the US-Spain only ceded the military forts Spain owned in the Philippines to the US. The Philippine-US War started.We slaughtered millions. US Army General Jacob Smith said "kill everyone over 10 years old".

Tyranny.

America's been good at killing its own since its inception. Were the Tyrants the real Terrorists?

Nah....victor writes history and gets to declare who was the "terrorist".

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by lbndhr

Ahhh now,

You would think that would shut this debate down but it does not, nor am I trying to deface your thread. For you that is the definition that you may or should hold to be true as you are subject to American law, however I am subject to British law and therefore I hold true an alternative definition as set out under the Terrorism Act 2000.

One could argue that with ATS being predominantly American site we should use the American definition of Terrorism although in practicality this is not possible. ATS is a really an international website that discusses international topics what terrorism means to you is different to what it may mean to me. Also if we are discussing a terrorist atrocity in America then it is only proper that we discuss it in terms of the American legal definition of terrorism, however if we are discussing a terrorist event in say Norway then we must now alter the definition. Therefore it becomes impractical to start exclusively using one definition over another’s. The only solution for this is to state what definition is being used early on in the thread so we are all on the same page, or when discussing international terrorism or other types of terrorism we then must rely on caution when using the word.

I respectfully concur, you are correct in we dwell in different countries, your definition of terrorist obviously has a different meaning, under American meaning my government the leaderships state to state/ congress-senate are passing secret laws infringing our freedoms they start wars in the name of false reasoning. American citizens are genuinely good people. We work very hard to support a war mongering system, the big guys are terrorist selfish rats.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Terrorism is perfectly obvious when it happens - you don't need any fancy definitions for it.

There are of course large no's of twats who would like to cloud and obscure the motives and definition of terrorism.

I support your view 100%
and a star for you.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by lbndhr

Dear lbndhr,

You know, seabag may have a point. Whether it's confusion in language, or definitions, or thought, you do seem to be creating the impression that you think there are a lot of terrorist activity committed by Americans. Do you remember this post:

Is it a terrorist act to, loan money to bad ideas? knowing it will fail before the loan has even left the bank? is it terrorist act to loan money to people who never intend to pay them back all the while continue taking from everyone they can knowing the people are doing this before the loan leaves the bank? is it terrorist act to realize a leadership is purposing sabatozing a country? IS it terrorist act to knowing put chemicals known toharm people in theri food and drugs?
It certainly seems like you're calling bankers, goverment, and industry, terrorists. You shouldn't be surprised when people say to you "Wait a minute, hold on there."

With respect,
Charles1952

I see how my OP is misunderstood as pointing solely to america, however there seems to be a part of my debate left out I also said Israel, Iran, North Korea, and if anyone can add to the list do so. I believe this is about yes a global terrorist type idea, some can call it NWO, some call it TPTB, whatever its called, it is terrorist in style.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
George Washington amassed more troops to fight and kill Americans than he ever did to fight the British.

Tyranny.

Abraham Lincoln had to get Russia's entire Pacific and Atlantic Navy Fleets to port in Union ports to defeat the States fighting for a smaller Federal Government in the US Civil War. Those Russian military guys didn't live on those Naval ships...they were foreign troops on US soil to kill Americans.

Tyranny.

Bill Clinton used 20,000 U.S. Army Troops to overthrow Haiti. France set up Haiti so they allll had jobs growing crops.. Haiti was doing good. Until Bill Clinton put that Apartheid Dictator in charge, then proceeded to dump Arkansas crops onto Haiti that were Federally subsidized....making the food prices cheaper than the Haitians could even grow it. Haiti had its money sucked out, people had no jobs, and they were destroyed before that Earthquake ever hit them.

Tyranny.

After we defeated Spain in the US-Spanish War, Spain ceded its military forts in the Philippines to the US. America went to the Philippines and said we own you. The Filipino's could read and the Treaty between the US-Spain only ceded the military forts Spain owned in the Philippines to the US. The Philippine-US War started.We slaughtered millions. US Army General Jacob Smith said "kill everyone over 10 years old".

Tyranny.

America's been good at killing its own since its inception. Were the Tyrants the real Terrorists?

Nah....victor writes history and gets to declare who was the "terrorist".

Yes you are correct in looking at it we see powerful individuals grouping together terrorizing communities, countries innocent peoples in the reason of many reasons actually, military power-bullyish, money-economy, ect..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So wait, who protects the people from their government? -"Terrorists." -...#.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandwhale
So wait, who protects the people from their government? -"Terrorists." -...#.

Actually it is the people who protect the people, the me's and you's. But it is clearly obvious the terrorist still control most the me's and you's not near enough people have been pushed to the snapping point to beable to defend the self. This year I think has high odds of reaching the breaking point.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join