It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is really the terrorist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
After researching thousands upon thousands of articles site blogs tweets..I personally have to say reading news papers wathching various news ( different opinions diffrerent views) who really is the terrorist? Americas government-military power hungry oil thirsty ruling elites-corporations-lobbyist-politicians? for 1.
Who Else can we add to the true terrorist list? seriously here.
by the way, I am a 5th generation american. I think this matters when I start such a thread as declaring I believe I know who may be the true terrorist by self educating myself through internet research reading others opinions and views across the globe, for the past 16 years.
In all sincerity if anyone can add more to the possiblities of who are the true terrorist please add them.
Peace

There is neither an academic nor an international legal consensus regarding the definition of the term "terrorism".[1][2] Various legal systems and government agencies use different definitions of "terrorism". Moreover, the international community has been slow to formulate a universally agreed upon, legally binding definition of this crime. These difficulties arise from the fact that the term "terrorism" is politically and emotionally charged.[3]

Angus Martyn in a briefing paper for the Australian Parliament has stated that "The international community has never succeeded in developing an accepted comprehensive definition of terrorism. During the 1970s and 1980s, the United Nations attempts to define the term foundered mainly due to differences of opinion between various members about the use of violence in the context of conflicts over national liberation and self-determination."[4] These divergences have made it impossible to conclude a Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism that incorporates a single, all-encompassing, legally binding, criminal law definition of terrorism.[5]

Source

edit on 23-12-2011 by lbndhr because: definition added

edit on 23-12-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24-12-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I'm sure you know that "terrorist" is an emotionally loaded word and it's definition can be the source of angry debate. Before we get to that situation, could you explain what your definition of a terrorist is?

It's certainly not a group of people who use violence to attain a goal. Nor is it a group of people who have an idea they want accepted.

A solid definition of "terrorist" might help this thread go more smoothly.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Terrorists by definition usually aim to further a cause whatever it may be.

The kind of people you refer to although they create terror, they are just thieves and criminals. The aim is to steal money and power, the terrorising is just a side effect.

I think 'dictators' would be a better term. They use fear and alarm to cause political change. The main difference is that terrorists always want everyone to know they did it. These kind of people dont. They operate in shadows pinning blame on others.

Stealth Terrorists perhaps?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The best definition of terrorist I've found is from this 1976 news broadcast.

David Grouchy

Timestop 0:30 - 1:36

ABC news: July 5th, 1976
Lead story:

"there were funerals in both Israel and Uganda today
a result of Israels' weekend raid to rescue hostages from pro palestinian
hijackers at entebe airport in Uganda
but there were other results too
from the rescue operation
which has been hailed as audacious
and as [color=gold] a blow to terrorist around the world."

Israel is keeping some of the details secret,
but it is know that three American made transports flew two and a half thousand miles
to Uganda
carrying Israeli commandos armed and ready for combat
In 36 minutes they killed 7 hijackers and 20 Ugandan soldiers
reportedly also destroying mig fighters of the Ugandan Air Force
then they helped hostages to the waiting planes and took off for Nirobi and Kenya
there they were refueld, sent their wounded to a hospital and
took off again for the long flight back to Israel.

Three hostages lost their lives along with the commanding officer of the raiding party
but most reached Israel in safety.
71 were Jewish, some Israeli, there were some French Nationals, Including the crew of the hijacked Air France Jet."

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I said this in another post and it applies here.

I don't see Americans highjacking planes and flying them into buildings regardless of the age and civilian status of the passengers.

I don't see Americans walking into subways with bombs strapped to their bodies and killing as many unarmed
people as they can just for the sake of killing as many unarmed people as they can.

I don't see Americans kidnapping eastern non combatants off the streets of the U.S, cutting their heads off and posting it on youtube.

I don't see Islamic jihadist wearing uniforms so that they can be identified for who they are.

I don't see Islamic jihadist doing what they can to help people who got in the way when they were attacking a military target. Oh wait. They don't attack military targtets just innocent civilians.

I didn't see any coalition forces in Afghanistan until one day a group of Islamic jihadist highjacked some airplanes and flew them into building in the U.S murdering thousands if innocet men women and children. And no they weren't casualties of war. They were murderd.

As I've said in a thread I posted. If these Islamic jihadist want to claim that they're soldiers then lets start shooting them for posing as civilians behind enemy lines and planning and carrying out attacks as per the rules of war.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I do realize the american citizen is not out there bombing each other killing each other, no we have style, we have class, we have morals and standards.
Our upper system is failing in those qualities. And let me add Israle to the list of possibilities as they and america are connected at the veins.
A terrorist is a group which kills innocent p[eople within societys in mass numbers. How many non combatant deaths has our govenrment been responsible for? So lets add Al qaeda, Taliban all those middle eastern islamic extremist war mongers for religious reasons and probably oil reason also ( not syaing they shouldnt fight for their oil cause we would)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, especially as a means of coercion. In the international community, however, terrorism has no universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition.[1][2] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians). Some definitions now include acts of unlawful violence and war. The use of similar tactics by criminal organizations for protection rackets or to enforce a code of silence is usually not labeled terrorism though these same actions may be labeled terrorism when done by a politically motivated group.

If I am going off this definition then your answer seems to be...

Terrorist Groups
FBI, ATF, DEA, CIA, NSA, IRS, CFR, UN, FRB, AEC (energy), Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg Group, j
Jason Group, DARPA, Secret Service and... every law enforcement officer following orders...
Terrorist
Rothschild, Rockefeller, Morgan, Bush, Chaney, Ben Bernanke, Ken Lewis, Jamie Dimon, John Boehner, Kissinger, Milton Friedman, Timothy Geithner, Vikram Pandit, Lloyd Blankfein, Stuart Gulliver, Jan Hommen, Patrick Flynn...

The fall of our economic system can be the direct blame of the banks TOO BIG TO FAIL and their CEOs... they use the groups to conduct their biddings and to influence the sheeple.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
I said this in another post and it applies here.

I don't see Americans highjacking planes and flying them into buildings regardless of the age and civilian status of the passengers.

((Wouldn't that be funny? An American hijacked an Air Iran plane today and crashed it into Tehran's tallest building, killing thousands of innocent people.....(comment rbn))

I don't see Americans walking into subways with bombs strapped to their bodies and killing as many unarmed
people as they can just for the sake of killing as many unarmed people as they can.

I don't see Americans kidnapping eastern non combatants off the streets of the U.S, cutting their heads off and posting it on youtube.

I don't see Islamic jihadist wearing uniforms so that they can be identified for who they are.

I don't see Islamic jihadist doing what they can to help people who got in the way when they were attacking a military target. Oh wait. They don't attack military targtets just innocent civilians.

I didn't see any coalition forces in Afghanistan until one day a group of Islamic jihadist highjacked some airplanes and flew them into building in the U.S murdering thousands if innocet men women and children. And no they weren't casualties of war. They were murderd.

As I've said in a thread I posted. If these Islamic jihadist want to claim that they're soldiers then lets start shooting them for posing as civilians behind enemy lines and planning and carrying out attacks as per the rules of war.

This bears repeating.

Read it again OP

(and no, it isn't funny, that's the point)

edit on 23-12-2011 by rbnhd76 because: clarity

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, especially as a means of coercion. In the international community, however, terrorism has no universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition.[1][2] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians). Some definitions now include acts of unlawful violence and war. The use of similar tactics by criminal organizations for protection rackets or to enforce a code of silence is usually not labeled terrorism though these same actions may be labeled terrorism when done by a politically motivated group.

If I am going off this definition then your answer seems to be...

Terrorist Groups
FBI, ATF, DEA, CIA, NSA, IRS, CFR, UN, FRB, AEC (energy), Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg Group, j
Jason Group, DARPA, Secret Service and... every law enforcement officer following orders...
Terrorist
Rothschild, Rockefeller, Morgan, Bush, Chaney, Ben Bernanke, Ken Lewis, Jamie Dimon, John Boehner, Kissinger, Milton Friedman, Timothy Geithner, Vikram Pandit, Lloyd Blankfein, Stuart Gulliver, Jan Hommen, Patrick Flynn...

The fall of our economic system can be the direct blame of the banks TOO BIG TO FAIL and their CEOs... they use the groups to conduct their biddings and to influence the sheeple.

I agree to add everyone on your list, and truely ty for actually listing them, makes it more clear to my short list. But of course the namksters and CEO`s are added to the list, wall street absolutely.
I guess what I am getting at here is, The SYstem, be it here in usa or glabally are possibly the true terrorist.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have been watching Congress fall apart, Im seeing the republican candidates being tore up by the media and their peirs. And with every step deeper into the hole the Congress is heading into I also see the other side standing there smirking and chuckling under their breathes. Obama so galantly walked off to his campaign yet made a few appearances to poke at the already disfunctional republican party, then happily rance off to campaign somemore else. The democrats are just sitting back and watching with smiles as all this unfolds. Im not saying one side is worse then the other because they are both equally out of control. What I do see is a comlete and direct assult on us americans by this administration all the way across the government board. All the while gov gives out another stimulus loan for another solar program, denies being involved in fast and furious, has this MF global situation that in the end will be found to be none other then Something to do with Obama, I may be wrong on this one but this is where im leaning towards. I as american are speaking as american therefore my opinions and views are obviously going to be more american direct however we all know it is not just american government going crazy, Israel war happy crazy , but being im not a jew living there i dont know the true facts as seen or given to them in Israel. I only know what I as an american can know from american informations. And this is why I asked for any other possible terrorist to be added, and a nice reason would be nice, which i admit I failed to place in my original OP, my bad
edit on 23-12-2011 by lbndhr because: extreme spell check

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Forgive my frustration, but the OP has claimed to have read thousands of articles, blogs and news papers about this very topic. Then basically ripped 75% of his thread from Wikipedia, Wikipedia should not be used to define anything other than misinformation.

To further add to my frustration I recently wrote a short thread on the use of the word terrorism in the context of its definition that was not ripped from Wikipedia but from the “thousands” (I might be exaggerating) of books, articles, journals and news sources I have read.

Defining Terrorism (not ripped from wiki)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

There exists no nation named "Terror"

I agree OP in that our military are terrorists as well simply due to the fact that they resort to the use of violence against those to whom they are opposed.

There is no single Nation in which terrorists originate from so technically a "War on Terror" is impossible.
A war as defined, is an armed conflict between Nations who hold opposing views.

There exists No Nation called/named "Terror" in which "Terrorists" all originate from.

But in using the "War on Terror" it allows us to Police the World in pursuit of these so called "Terrorists".
Who just so Coincidentally happen to inhabit very resource wealth nations ....in particular OIL.

Our Dollar is the RESERVE CURRENCY and is thereby required to purchase this commodity....called OIL.

But I digress....

Terrorism is a violent act committed and based upon political beliefs and is basically warfare.
Warfare as defined as a battle or conflict between those with opposing views.

Terrorists are generally responding in kind to violence inflicted upon them.
And due to their smaller numbers simply implement a different type of violence against their adversaries.

The American Colonists were insurgents against the King of England and due to using violent means were technically and categorically in a broad sense, were terrorists as well.

In looking at the root word of Terror the root word of terrorist and/or terrorism is defined as to incite a state of intense fright or FEAR.

The basis of this intense fright of FEAR is fundamentally based upon the fear of Dying violently as in or by murder/killing.

Thus, anyone who employs or whom resorts to killing by the use of violence and/or inciting an intense state of fright or fear or threatening to do so could categorically be termed a terrorist.

And as to why any armed militia with weaponry capable of killing by violent means AND who threaten and/or act to use this capability categorically are Terrorists as well.

Simply due to the fact that they are Inciting fear of dying by violent means.

It really only depends upon which side of the weapon you are on.

Peace
edit on 23-12-2011 by nh_ee because: Why can't we live in Peace ? Because we always need more MONEY ! And we as a Nation are Flat Broke !!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think that a person who straps a bomb to themselves and then goes to a crowded market, mosque , hotel etc with the intent of murdering innocent people is a terrorist.

If one army is fighting another army, I don't think that the individual soldiers are terrorists.

If you kidnap a soldier from another army and try to extort something ... Then perhaps you've entered the definition of a terrorist.

If you capture a prisoner and hold them in reasonable conditions... That's a part of war.

I understand the nature of this post but I don't agree with you premise.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thanks for posting the link, I'm sorry i missed it the first time around. You did some good work there.

After looking at the OP and the examples given further down the thread, I've come to the conclusion that a "terrorist" is an influential person that one doesn't like.

As long as that is our definition, I can't see a meaningful discuusion taking place.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Forgive my frustration, but the OP has claimed to have read thousands of articles, blogs and news papers about this very topic. Then basically ripped 75% of his thread from Wikipedia, Wikipedia should not be used to define anything other than misinformation.

To further add to my frustration I recently wrote a short thread on the use of the word terrorism in the context of its definition that was not ripped from Wikipedia but from the “thousands” (I might be exaggerating) of books, articles, journals and news sources I have read.

Defining Terrorism (not ripped from wiki)

I know i didnt bring my research to the thread, I just realized I needed to get this part up there, not meaning mis understanding. Know this is what I foresee in this thread, I start a topic directly trying to find the true terrorist, as you will notice I increased the list as I stated in the original OP should be done.
In my 16 years of internet research I found that America when first being brought together had an agenda called, The American Project. I wont bring links up as I figure I did all the research and know, I tell the name and it takes a few typing words and a click and you start receiving thousands of pages of information. My Nephew is in the Army sense9-11. about his 4th year in getting ready for his 3rdwar term on home for vacation told me aunty this war is nto what america thinks it is, ( he knew I had always researched everything political governmental financial worldly anyhow he said because of a reason ( I cant say what it is he wasnt suppose to tell me dont care if no one believe me) that had touched his american citizen patriot side of his soul and wouldnt be a part of it, said it would happen after 2010 and that was what he gave me. early next year his last enlistement term is up and hes out. Let me think....Why not research and find the information about China, Russia, Brittian and argentina talking last year about dropping the american dollar and create their own?? Why not research and find american government is allowing CHina to come over here and buy up our bankrupt banks? why not research and realize China is comming here and buying our REAL ESTATE, personal oroperties, bankrupted listingsDo you ever question how NDAA became? how was the patriot encated when not one citizen agreed with it? how wa a mendment pujt onto the patriot act that could allow the president to throw anyone in jail for any reason and never have a trial? and the list goes on.
Just saying here, I know it is not JUST america.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Defining Terrorism [/url] (not ripped from wiki)

What do you have against wiki? Are you a more credible source? Why should we go with yours and not their meaning? and IMO wiki has a better meaning of the word in simpler terms, not long and drawn out. Your definition is your opinion, hardly a creditable source, again IMO.

but if you don't like wiki... why? I guess you have your own reasons.

Then try
Websters - the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.

The Free Dictionary - a person who employs terror or terrorism, esp as a political weapon. An individual who uses violence, terror, and intimidation to achieve a result.

Dictionary.com - ter·ror·ist   [ter-er-ist] noun 1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism. 2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others. 3. (formerly) a member of a political group aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror. 4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal. adjective 5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.

and yes I took the countries names out of the definitions... No need for that...

Plain and simple terrorist are those who use scare tactics to frighten people, weather it be political, religious or other to advocate their beliefs.

But what do I know...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I think that a person who straps a bomb to themselves and then goes to a crowded market, mosque , hotel etc with the intent of murdering innocent people is a terrorist.

If one army is fighting another army, I don't think that the individual soldiers are terrorists.

If you kidnap a soldier from another army and try to extort something ... Then perhaps you've entered the definition of a terrorist.

If you capture a prisoner and hold them in reasonable conditions... That's a part of war.

I understand the nature of this post but I don't agree with you premise.

The soldiers are not the terrorist they are the power of the controllers. The soldiers are trained to do anything there officials tell them to do without questions.
EDIT TO ADD, so when considering what i stated above, would the leaders of the soldiers be the terrorist? And can we truely label say China or Iran terrorist YET?
edit on 23-12-2011 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
YOU are the terrorist, OP, and so are we for expressing any doubt about what TPTB have planned for us!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
YOU are the terrorist, OP, and so are we for expressing any doubt about what TPTB have planned for us!

welll ya they will say I am a terroroist simply because I am bringing this out. And how can I not publically speak about this sense TPTB=leadershi[p upper level elities and feel good about myself that I am seeing clearly through them lately? Police with Military equipment? what the hu? and i am suppose to just sit here and complain adn not say who most probably know are the pokers of this american disaster unfolding (economic) and the global riots and government takeovers? I am sick to death of them. I am working on my courage to bring out my facts, but it is taking me having to really push me to do this. If I didnt worry about dieing an unjust death I would be a 3 or 4 time whistle blower. People are more unaware then you and even myself realize. Even the most self arogant scholars that know more then all the rest of us. peace
( probablem with scholars and the most intellegent educated people is, they are singled into the knowing everything ego. wehne infact it is known even the most knoweldged person has plenty of room to grow...peace.
o im not a scholar never claim to be one, I did go to college but just took basics then I started to take psychology and my husband lost his job. It kinda devustated us for a few. o ya and sometimes I mispells some words.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
President Obama declared over half the United States citizens.... is his ENEMY.

After they've used the brainless Christians of America to topple the world and create a One World Government.........the idiotic Christians of America think they will be safe.

They will be slaughtered when they refuse to disarm, get their chip implanted, and go to the relocation Camp waiting for them.

The Aristocrats are the Terrorists. They will never be held accountable for what they've done...are doing..and have planned for you and your children.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join