It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops With Locksmith Entering Homes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

That is very suspect in my book if the Police are entering the homes under the guise of an emergency.

Is this a case of "Problem, Reaction ....Solution?"

And the reason as to why I am saying this is ...

Why aren't they using the shut off at the meter itself...which technically is their property vs the shutoff inside the home ?

Sounds very suspect to me....because we know that they can turn off your gas if you don't pay....for example....
Or even when the dwelling was first being constructed....and the meter was installed.
You would have to have an external shutoff....for safety reasons.

I guess we are not supposed to ask that question and let the Bullies with a Badge look around our homes illegally instead.

Once again, it sounds very suspect to me...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Actually if the gas goes off so does the pilot flame; then the gas comes back on.... your water heater thermostat says it's "cold" so it turns the gas burner valve wide open.(no "pilot" means your basement is filled with unburned flammable gas).

Most boilers should have a kill switch in the event of the pilot light going out but if the device is faulty then it could allow the ammount of gas in the combustion chamber of the boiler to reach a point where once the pilot is ignited theres an explosion and since you'd be stood next to the boiler as it blew up its probably the last button you'll ever press and then with the fractured gas pipe burning away causing the chance of a major fire in the area and the fact they'll have to turn off the area gas (again) to cap the pipe entering your property wouldn't make you very popular if you did survive

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

What if the police just happen to "see" something lying on a coffee table they deem as being illegal. Does that give them justifiable cause to arrest the resident when they come home?

No, it doesn't, they still would, but it would be tossed out of court as they weren't there looking for contraband or whatnot.

Would you complain about the fire department chopping down your door to put out a fire while you were away? I wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
As I understand it, when life is threatened they have authority to enter.
You don't see police at a hostage situation waiting for paperwork to be signed allowing them entry to rescue someone.

There are instances like this all the time, it's nothing new.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by GodofWar411
in some area of the country mechanical based equipment is prohibited being in street view. so there for placed with in the resident's home. and you are making a judgement i believe on something you lack of knowledge.

they are without gas currently. when gas pressure is restored there could be a potential that the pressure level increases than to what it was before. so everything down line has to be adjusted other wise it could put someone IN A LIFE THREATENING SITUATION. so if this happened in my area and i used gas....i would be ok.

can you think of the events that could unfold if to much gas surged thousands of homes..potential threats...

furnace over-fire,soot ,CO,CO2, cause leaks in pipes that would have never leaked, then leading to a fire ball for a home...... yeah not worth it - they are trying to keep people safe after a screw up

they see something illegal... technically they wouldn't have a foot to stand on due to they breaking into the home
edit on 23-12-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)
Actually if the gas goes off so does the pilot flame; then the gas comes back on.... your water heater thermostat says it's "cold" so it turns the gas burner valve wide open.(no "pilot" means your basement is filled with unburned flammable gas). Although there is a "pilot flame detected safety"; it may not be 100%reliable or even there on older equipment...

I understand the 4th amendment argument.They certainly would not be able to "search"( "fruits of the poisioned tree") but anything in plain site would be fair game.

Hey put your dope away.. a minor conviction Is bettter than blowing up your house or burning down theneighborhood....Not really having a problem with this one.

edit on 23-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

YOU MAY NOT UNDER STAND...... look main line pressure goes up after repair from main line it seperates and goes through pressure reducer. which is set to create a pressure drop for the home to run in about 5 to 7 inches of water column.......

ok now do the math..... if you have lines in the home that when pressurized above 15 inches of water column could generate leaks to due to age....and your average main line to a home before pressure drop i think runs at 2-PSI which is 55.359809685 inches of water column .

so think if you are recieving before the failure 1 psi approx 22 inches of water column of gas pressure and you are 15- 18 inch drop to get into operation standards

now fix the problem and set gas to where it is suppose to be 2 psig then you are getting approx 55inches of water column but you are setup for a 15-18 drop then with higher pressure get higher velocity so you reduce your drop maybe to a 8 to 12 inch-wc drop .... so that puts you at a estimated pressure at about 43 inches of water column and you can start to create leaks at 15 inches or more... SO DO YOU GET MY DRIFT..

COULD POTENTIALLY OVER PRESSURE....

you cause leaks house fills with gas.... house goes BOOOOOOOM.

and even if it doesn't over pressure there are countless other issues that are created from improper combustion mixture....

ok pilot goes out on a water heater home owner notices goes to light the pilot everything seems normal... well say it over fires generates more BTU's than the flu is able to allow average 3 inch pipe for a 40 gallon.....
that is able to handle so much flow.... ok it now you are burning hotter using more oxygen well may need more oxygen than is availible so now your causing soot.... not enough space to vent all the spent fuel and unspent fuel it dumps into the home.... what flu gas was going up had soot with it now it soots up that 3inch pipe ... ok now it's dump all the flu gas into the home. PEOPLE COULD DIE at any stage of this process....

i could go all day about this cause this is not what a book says this is what has happened to people this is what i have encountered... i focus on other people 52 weeks a year... i concern my self with the safety of other people 365 days the year and i visit thousands of homes a year.....

i have seen these issues first hand
edit on 23-12-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Sounds very suspect to me....because we know that they can turn off your gas if you don't pay....for example....
Or even when the dwelling was first being constructed....and the meter was installed.
You would have to have an external shutoff....for safety reasons.

new homes have external typically due to codes......

when gas gets shut off for non payment it is locked out at the residents meter and main pressure is not adjusted. this case main pressure will more than likely change....
but still when gas is turned back on all appliances have to be checked to verify proper pressure to the combustion chamber, that is why a gas tech needs to have access to the home during turning gas back on.
typically ... standards may vary upon location.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

By your logic if your home was on fire and you were inside....they would be violating your rights by entering your home to rescue you.
You are making a mountain from a molehill.

This is an EMERGENCY!!!

NO IT AINT!
how can it be an emergency, when it's due to the gas company's, totally avoidable actions?

why not make an apointment, so that the owner is there on hand

and gas meters are supposed to be outside not inside homes

nothing stops the cops from coming back with a warrant for articles they saw on their previous visit

you are either naive or faking it

Edit to add
thanks to Brokedown for clearing that up
and godofwar411 for sharing his personal experience as a gasman

here in PR, people no longer have that problem, since The_Humberto_Vidal_Explosion, there is no gas company as such, gas stoves are hooked up directly to tanks
this being in the Caribbean, gas for heating the home is unnecessary.
edit on 23-12-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

By your logic if your home was on fire and you were inside....they would be violating your rights by entering your home to rescue you.
You are making a mountain from a molehill.

This is an EMERGENCY!!!

NO IT AINT!
how can it be an emergency, when it's due to the gas company's, totally avoidable actions?

why not make an apointment, so that the owner is there on hand

and gas meters are supposed to be outside not inside homes

nothing stops the cops from coming back with a warrant for articles they saw on their previous visit

you are either naive or faking it

Edit to add
thanks to Brokedown for clearing that up
and godofwar411 for sharing his personal experience as a gasman

here in PR, people no longer have that problem, since The_Humberto_Vidal_Explosion, there is no gas company as such, gas stoves are hooked up directly to tanks
this being in the Caribbean, gas for heating the home is unnecessary.

it is a emergency for the gas company and residents ...they do have to re establish service.. primary due to the time of year cause if they don't and pipes freeze then they are at fault..
if they fix the service and problems listed above occur they are held responsible....

it is a interesting situation to be in .... life and property and pay for it or property and pay for it
the right thing is being done in my opinion

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by GodofWar411
Actually if the gas goes off so does the pilot flame; then the gas comes back on.... your water heater thermostat says it's "cold" so it turns the gas burner valve wide open.(no "pilot" means your basement is filled with unburned flammable gas). Although there is a "pilot flame detected safety"; it may not be 100%reliable or even there on older equipment...

If the gas comes back on there should not be any gas going to the pilot light.

There has been a safety device built into gas water heaters for 50 years now to stop leaking from water heaters and furnaces.

This safety device is fail closed in most cases you have to manually hold the pilot valve open till a heat sensor tube gets hot enough to hold the pilot valve open.

Some newer heaters have a electric igniter that will not allow the burner to stay open in the gas does not light.

If you have a heater without this because its way over 50 years old your home should be condemned.

If a heater is 50 years old its a long time over due for replacement because NG has traces oh hydrogen sulfide that will corrode metal over time and can burn through causing high CO levels into your home.

Gas heaters should be taken apart every 10 years and inspected for corrosion by a certified tech

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join