It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Publishing: darn it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The publishers liked my book, but want me to make a financial contribution in order to get it out there...no!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
The publishers liked my book, but want me to make a financial contribution in order to get it out there...no!

So its Vanity Press for you, huh?
If my memory of Foucault's Pendulum is correct, after a while they will tell you that the book didnt sell very well, and that to make space in the warehouse they're going to pulp all the unsold copies of your dream... unless you wish to buy them yourself.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No, I wont do it. I may check out other publishers or amazon kindle.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

First, you need to look at the quality of your book in terms of...every aspect.
Satisfied that you are truly a genuis (I've been there), then you can submit to another publisher. After maybe five or ten rejections, perhaps you will get a dawning. Then you can again submit the material to yourself for another, closer examination or continue collecting rejections slips.

Then, there is always ebooks. which are guaranteed to cost you money. But if you believe that your message was meant to be broadcast to mankind, you may be willing to pay to get the word out. (I simply put my stuff in a drawer and mostly forgot about it.)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
my sister is a new Author and she began with publishing online, she gets 50% of the take and cost her very little to set up. i would say publish your first book as an ebook online for free to get your name in peoples faces. then proceed with the for profit stuff with subsequent books.

if you send me a u2u i can send you my sisters facebook and you can pick her brain and find out if it is for you.

good luck
edit on 23-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

top topics

join