It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA confiscates a CUPCAKE! calls frosting a gel...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
To be fair, the cupcake was contained in a glass jar... Not a conventional cupcake by any means, who's to say one couldn't have a good solid layer of explosives within it? The TSA has been out of line the past decade, but in this particular case I'd say they were in the right.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Who's to say I didn't shove a large cache of explosives up my ass? Perhaps to board a plane all customers (oh .. no that's right we don't call them customers just travelers now) everyone should have a full body cavity search. Everyone. Little old ladies, young children, adults, everyone. Because you never know who's ass is hiding the explosives. Hell we shouldn't be allowed to wear clothes either, who knows what could be hiding in those dangerous things called pockets?? We shouldn't be allowed to sit either, on planes, who knows what someone could be doing behind their seat? Like puling explosives from their ass?? We should be chained to a rail on the ceiling, naked, so that in flight observers can see exactly what is going on, and feeling safe knowing we cannot use our hands to do anything dangerous.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Give them a little power and see what they do, imagine when a team of two straps them selves jihad style the one near the end of the line discloses they have a bomb and corrals hundreds of people near the security checkpoint where their accomplice detonates his bomb, carefully laced with an insidious poison. Hundreds get sick and die-no airplane needed.

A more simpler and cheaper means of security would be give every passenger who wanted one a small inexpensive pocketknife with the airline logo on it. If someone really wanted to blow up a plane they would pack explosives up the poop chute use the restroom and construct the bomb. The detonator could be concealed in anything electronic provided they make it look like it is a normal electronic part, or a non-electronic detonator can be used.

Thing is anyone trying to down a plane will die the death of 1000 cuts if they gave out knives..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

Congratulations. We have both been added to the black list.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by celebration
reply to post by samkent

I flew just fine with regular airport security pre-9/11.

Last time I flew I felt like a cow being herded into the scanners. I was so humiliated my eyes literally teared up. And then someone got to see my body through my clothes... My body is for me and my significant other only - no other eyes allowed!

I would hate to see what would happen if you were ever actually sexually harrassed. So how do you manage to go the gyn?

You know that they don't actually see anything in those scanners despite what the melodramatics on ats go on about?

Except for the TSA agents who have the "authority" to do whatever they want even though most of them look like they've participated in way more illegal activities then I ever have.

So you are making stereotypes about people doing their jobs and automatically registering them as criminals in your mind?
If you label people so easilly, how do you ever leave the house?

At least the agents in my local airport do, anyways; they look like they just walked in from the wrong side of town.

and I bet you look like Angelina Jolie.

What a sad, elitist attitude.

It's very unsettling. And a lot of frequent-flyers get used to it after a while. To me the TSA seems to be trying to condition the masses into being accustomed to do humiliating and uncomfortable things at will of the "authorities". Makes it easier to segue to a police-state IMO.

Funny, I have never felt that way. But then I don't automatically label people doing their jobs as sexual predators with a rap sheet that are checking me out.

I am not that full of myself....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
Well, travelers... those of you flying this year to see your family are safe.. no fears, no worries.. THE TSA AGENTS are watching our backside form danger.... C-U-P-C-A-K-E-S aboard flights...... from the cupcake terrorists.. thats right some traveler actually had the nerve to bring a potentially dangerous cupcake on board a flight.. but thankfully was stopped by a TSA agent before boarding.. OUR SKYS ARE SAFE

There is no doubt that they can be dangerous. Ask Dr. Evil, he'll tell you. They could put someone's eye out.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by nixie_nox

I would hate to see what would happen if you were ever actually sexually harrassed. So how do you manage to go the gyn?

You know that they don't actually see anything in those scanners despite what the melodramatics on ats go on about?

If I was sexually harassed, I would stand up for myself, as anyone should. It is not acceptable, and I will not allow someone to make me feel uncomfortable in that way.

As for the body scanners:

Full-body scanners at airport security checkpoints will no longer display explicit "person-specific images" under new technology being phased in nationwide, according to a statement Wednesday by the Transportation Security Administration. Instead, a software upgrade for the machines will show a generic body outline.

Critics have pointed to explicit scanned images as a virtual "strip search" and a violation of passengers' privacy ever since the full-body scanners were phased in last year. But TSA says that situation will change with this upgrade.

This article is from July of this year... I flew before then.

So you are making stereotypes about people doing their jobs and automatically registering them as criminals in your mind?
If you label people so easilly, how do you ever leave the house?

I am not "labeling" anyone - TSA agents have a bad rep at my local airport. Here are a some reviews from airport guests:

Overall response of the taff can be a hit or miss. With early morning flights TSA agents are either snide/rude or non responsive when greeted.

The terminals are ALWAYS under construction, the constant gate changes, the surly TSA, and about a hundred more things about this place that just suck.

However the TSA agents are equally, if not more, retarded than your typical airport.
(I apologize in advance for the politically-incorrect word-usage here; mods, feel free to *snip* if you would like)

grumpy check-in agents and TSA representatives

Small, cramped, kinda run down, and exceptionally snide TSA agents, easily the worst part about a trip to Dallas (too bad it's your first and last impression right?).

source

You get the point. You can also easily Google for news stories about TSA complaints in Dallas.

It's not just about looks, though many of them do not look professional at my local airport. It's about their attitudes and their lack of customer service to people who are paying a lot of money to fly.

And I specified "local airport" as to not wrongly represent other areas... Maybe other airports have spectacular TSA agents, but DFW does not. I did not mean to come off as judgmental, I probably should have expressed myself a bit differently, but I just did now, so there you go.

and I bet you look like Angelina Jolie.

No I do not, but this has nothing to do with how I look.

What a sad, elitist attitude.

I have an elitist attitude because I do not think that an agency such as the TSA should be allowed to violate my rights and look at me almost naked so I can get on an airplane? I think you should apply that quote to yourself, as your entire post has been nothing but condescending.

Funny, I have never felt that way. But then I don't automatically label people doing their jobs as sexual predators with a rap sheet that are checking me out.

See quotes and examples above.

I am not that full of myself....

No, not full of yourself... Just have a negative attitude and are OK with unnecessary laws and regulations that violate your rights.

edit on 12/23/2011 by celebration because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/23/2011 by celebration because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join