It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA confiscates a CUPCAKE! calls frosting a gel...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well, travelers... those of you flying this year to see your family are safe.. no fears, no worries.. THE TSA AGENTS are watching our backside form danger.... C-U-P-C-A-K-E-S aboard flights...... from the cupcake terrorists.. thats right some traveler actually had the nerve to bring a potentially dangerous cupcake on board a flight.. but thankfully was stopped by a TSA agent before boarding.. OUR SKYS ARE SAFE
**********************************************************************************************************************************
actual photos of dangerous cupcake

The agent who first found my dangerously delectable snack consulted [REDACTED] about it just barely within my earshot. He responded hesitantly at first, saying that he was "not sure"--and "with the holidays coming, it's getting harder and harder." When he finally decided my treat was a no-go, I asked to speak with him directly, and he asserted that the frosting on this red velvet cupcake is "gel-like" enough to constitute a liquid, in part because it "conforms to its container." Also: it "should have been in a zip-lock." At this, I offered to scoop my dangerously conformist cupcake out of its jar and place it in a zip-lock bag, where it could mush about to its heart's content; but Agent [REDACTED] wisely refused. After all, the jar in all its tasty glory "clearly contains more than 3 ounces of total contents," he said.

**********************************************************************************************************************************
TSA ... you are a laughing stock.. we America (most of us) see you as a JOKE! Really how STUPID do you think the masses really are? toothpaste, baby formula, medications, tic tacks, chewing gum, bottled water... and now CUPCAKES... Harrasing grandmothers in diapers? our elderly and handicapped are in fear, you are terrorizing babies, strip searching children, molesting passangers by groping their genitiles?????? THIS HAS TO STOP.. NO MORE!!!!! Your goal TSA Is to terrorize the skys.. You win! until Americans WAKE UP to your illegal searches and ruining our economy!!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... cupcake????? We Americans (most of us) are sick of this! We want our skies back!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
. I bet this happened somewhere around lunchtime.

Sorry, obvious joke, but... I mean, aren't we all fully aware of how unbelievably invasive TSA is? Don't get me wrong, great OP and a fun read, terrible really. I just had to make my little joke.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
We all know the TSA agent wanted something to eat

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Terrorist Security Agency, lol.
Yeah, this is ridiculous. A cupcake? Really? Since 9/11 have they managed to stop a single terrorist, or have they just terrorized American fliers? If anyone has links to reports of the TSA actually accomplishing something please share them. This has gotten out of hand to the point where I'd rather take a train or bus than fly.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Terrorist Security Agency, lol.
Yeah, this is ridiculous. A cupcake? Really? Since 9/11 have they managed to stop a single terrorist, or have they just terrorized American fliers? If anyone has links to reports of the TSA actually accomplishing something please share them. This has gotten out of hand to the point where I'd rather take a train or bus than fly.

Just a side note, TSA stands for Transportation Security Administration... and they are in charge of trains, planes, busses, and ships. Best to just stay at home in that case.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
You shouldn't really have a go at TSA, after all without them who would employ the obese narcissists?

I blame the person that tried to get past them with a tasty carb loaded snack. It was never going to happen.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

From what is in the media.. TSA and similar agencies for our "security" are now testing bus stations, rail and now traffic stops on the freeways.. so we ARE in a police state..... But THE TIMES ARE A CHANGING' FOR THE 99% somewhere somehow...

SOMEONE will be elected or take control and give America back our FREEDOMS

I am not afraid of them, their policies, and stupid rules... There are ways around being caught...
OK OK I did it!!!! I smuggled a piece of gum once.... on a flight the TSA agent did not stick their finger far enough down my throat to find it! Ha! .. I CONFESS...I CONFESS....come and get me! imprison me! LOL

(you know its REALLY coming to that?)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
When you outlaw cupcakes only outlaws will . . . .er, . . .

This is funny but sad as well. We're now afraid of cupcakes.

What a coward nation we have become.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Yea my mom went up north and got some fresh salsa and jams in a jar and they took them from her!

She was pissed but they said she couldn't take them on the flight...

Look out salsa and jam are riding the terrorist train with cupcakes!

Yea this is just nuts. IF they tried to take food from me I'd probably speak up and then have to go to a room

This is unnecessary!! If they are going to assume that this stuff is some kind of threat then pretty much anything can be considered a threat.

I flew last year and was even careful about what books I brought on as to not offend anyone. The book I wanted to bring since I was reading it I was told not to even do it....which in a way pissed me off cause it's a book and since when should I worry about what others think about what Im reading. At least Im reading!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Now with face recognition cameras they TSA, can tell WHAT YOUR ARE THINKING.. if you are "stressed" looking.. (and who isn't getting packed, traffic, parking AND TSA) you will be "alerted on" and sent to a special room for questioning.. JUST FOR LOOKING STRESSED... Oh, their day is coming... what goes around comes around. the Universe/Karma/God/Great Spirit will be fair and equal.. it just IS

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Who the hell doesn't look stressed at airports?
The mind boggles. I've yet to encounter these overzealous food nabbing agents of woe. I have the distinct feeling that if I did I'd be swiftly doing a turkey getting stuffed at christmas impression.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I knew those specialty cupcake shops were just cover for al qaeda!!! Have the terrorists left us anywhere to run!?!?!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Since high explosives do come in liquid form they can be mixed into
Salsa
Jello
Snow globes (example from where I work)
Frosting

I can here the banter on here if a plane went down and it was traced to an overlooked form of liquid. You would be calling for the death penalty.

Would you feel better without the TSA? Would you put your family on a plane without the TSA?

I hear big talk but you don't offer any alternatives.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Since high explosives do come in liquid form they can be mixed into
Salsa
Jello
Snow globes (example from where I work)
Frosting

I can here the banter on here if a plane went down and it was traced to an overlooked form of liquid. You would be calling for the death penalty.

Would you feel better without the TSA? Would you put your family on a plane without the TSA?

I hear big talk but you don't offer any alternatives. [/quote

Here is the alternative.. TAKE BACK OUR GOVERNMENT FROM THE CRIMINALS. PERIOD!
remove the TSA.. let Americans be Americans.. remember going to the airport before 1980? those of us that remember.. (I can remember airports in the 1960's) it was NORMAL.. you could walk up to the plane with your loved one or friend, no body searches, removing dangerious toothpaste, radioactive cancer causing screeners or people feeling your privates,

Americans did NOT blow up towers on 9/11.. this is all just an act for creating FEAR FROM THE CRIMINAL GOVERNMENT... I am not afraid at all to fly.. I just do not because of the harrasment....The TSA is just a joke from the govt to cause FEAR,,,,,

IFI wanted to blow up a plane.. ( I am a grandma!) and know nothing..at all about weapons.. but common sense is that ANY REAL CROOK COULD TAKE A SHOULDER POWERED WEAPON AND PARK ON THE BACK STREET THAT IS DIRECTLY UNDER THE PATH OF INCOMING OR DEPARTING JETS... PARK YOUR CAR, LOAD THE WEAPON, WAIT FOR A PASSENGER JET TO FLY OVERHEAD WITHIN RANGE OF THEIR SHOULDER LAUNCH GUN/ROCKET....BE HOME IN TIME FOR THE 6 OCLOCK NEWS...SEE?

As you can see.. the TSA is not really P-R-O-C-T-E-C-T-I-N-G you from anything.. even an old grandma could bring down a plane if I wanted to... TSA is really stupid if they do know that all Americans realize this is how easy it is to cause harm..... NOT toothpaste, tic tacks, bubble gum and infant formula, cupcakes, or old people in diapers...........PPPUULLLIIIZZZEEE...

( I do not wish harm on anyone... this is just ONE example of how TSA at the gates is usless and a waste of money TSA really is!!!!!! ) I miss the old America.. before TPTB started all their "fear".. most of us are wise to their tactics now...

LOOK at what has happened to the travel industry? many business are having hard time or simply going under if they depended on air travel.. Its the plan.. all part ot the plan.. WAKE UP Americans...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Maybe they thought it was "yellow cake"

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

How can you read this story and not feel a profound sadness at the pathetic childish manor our country has succumbed to? We are a disgrace, like a child afraid of the dark we see monsters everywhere; even in an innocent cupcake.

We should all be ashamed to be called Americans after reading such a story.. how can you have any pride remaining in the Home of the Brave when a tube of toothpaste, a bottle of water, a jar of jam, or a freaking cupcake can cause so much fear and hostility? To quote a movie truer than we know:

"And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror."

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I flew just fine with regular airport security pre-9/11.

Last time I flew I felt like a cow being herded into the scanners. I was so humiliated my eyes literally teared up. And then someone got to see my body through my clothes... My body is for me and my significant other only - no other eyes allowed! Except for the TSA agents who have the "authority" to do whatever they want even though most of them look like they've participated in way more illegal activities then I ever have. At least the agents in my local airport do, anyways; they look like they just walked in from the wrong side of town.

It's very unsettling. And a lot of frequent-flyers get used to it after a while. To me the TSA seems to be trying to condition the masses into being accustomed to do humiliating and uncomfortable things at will of the "authorities". Makes it easier to segue to a police-state IMO.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I haven't flown in over 20 years.

Do I need to produce a ticket before going through the checkpoint?

If not I'd like to load up on the most ridiculously assinine things, cupcakes included, and go through just to see what they consider a threat and what they don't.

And hasn't it occurred to anyone yet that should I blow something up while all those people are shoulder to shoulder packed in with only one direction of possibly fleeing the death toll will be just as high if not higher than if it were on a plane and the fear affect would be much greater since now it isn't just on a plane but potentially in every line all across the country.

Soon the checkpoints will require checkpoints.

Otherwise their measures are just stupid, ineffective and even potentially more dangerous to the public than should they not be there at all.

Eh, nobody ever accused government of knowing what the hell its doing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If you try to go through security without a ticket you will be shot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join