It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Car Bombs Rock Damascus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I feel for the family of the victims, but Al-Qaeda is getting the full blame for this, which usually means foreign intervention. They keep beating this dead horse.

Thousands attend funerals for Syrian bomb victims

DAMASCUS, Syria — Thousands of people in the Syrian capital are taking part in funerals for the 44 people killed in twin suicide bombings that struck Damascus.

Mourners carried coffins draped in Syrian flags into the eighth-century Omayyad Mosque in downtown Damascus on Saturday.

Many of them shouted in support of embattled President Bashar Assad.

The Syrian government has blamed the al-Qaida terrorist network for Friday's bombings, in which suicide attackers used car bombs to target the heavily guarded compounds of Syria's intelligence agencies.

They were the first suicide car bombings in the nine-month uprising against Assad.

The opposition, however, has questioned the government's account and hinted the regime itself could have been behind the attack.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Syria's Muslim Brotherhood was reported as claiming responsibility for two suicide bombings in Damascus that killed 44 people on Friday, but the organisation later issued a denial and said its site had been hacked.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Very interesting, thank you for sharing.

I wonder who hacked their site trying to blame them for responsibility.

Any guesses?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It sounds like Assad's getting stuck with the blame on this one. I wonder what the next step will be, surely regime change.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is from Press TV so most of you will not even consider this to have any truth to it:

US, Israel to blame for attacks: Syria

Syria has accused the United States and Israel of involvement in the two deadly attacks on Friday which claimed the lives of 55 innocent people and injured more than 100 others.

Syria's ruling Baath Party said on Saturday that the attack was a plot to destroy the Syrian establishment.

The party added that the plot was also aimed at undermining the national unity of Syrians, and their confidence in the leadership of the country.

Thousands of Syrians had on Saturday held a funeral ceremony for the victims of the terror attacks.

While mourning the dead, they also condemned the attacks and chanted slogans in favor of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Explosives on two booby-trapped cars were detonated within minutes of each other on Friday morning, one outside the main headquarters of the General Intelligence Agency and the other in the vicinity of a branch of the military intelligence.

The blasts happened as an Arab League delegation was visiting Damascus to help end months of violence in Syria.

Syria has been experiencing unrest since mid-March, with demonstrations being held both against and in favor of President Assad. Hundreds of people, including security forces, have been killed in the turmoil.

While the West and the Syrian opposition accuse the government of the killings, Damascus blames ''outlaws, saboteurs and armed terrorist groups'' for the unrest that erupted in mid-March, insisting that it is being orchestrated from abroad.

In interviews with Israeli news outlets over the past few months, the Syrian opposition members have clearly expressed their vision for the future of Syria and their interest in establishing ties with the Tel Aviv regime.

However, Syrian people have repeatedly expressed solidarity with the government. Figures show that during the past weeks, about 12 million people have demonstrated in support of al-Assad.

Personally, I think this may be the most truthful report on the incident I have heard so far. Most people will say this is an attempt by Assad to shift blame on the increase in violence.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well, you didn't "consider it" . in a matter of fact stance you said it had "all the signs of a cia mossad attack"

You still didn't tell me these signs. I have no problem believing it was the US cia or the jews mossad. I just want to know what these signs are.. The only sign I can tell is the BOOM. Is that the sign you speak of?

If it is an explosion it is CIA? I looked though your posts to see if you had pointed out any tell tail signs of CIA involvement... It is really hard to follow your reasoning or logic on the matter..

Example of your takes on it..

BOMB GOES OFF--- BOOM
1) happens against a US enemy - Definitely CIA
2) happens to a friendly nation - false flag - definitely CIA
3) happens to the CIA headquarters - no way it couldn't be CIA

I was open to buying into this "CIA is the cause of all problems, world wide" view you have.... But for the life of me I cant seem to back up your opinions with anything other than assumptions.... based on assumptions.

Please advise how to proceed.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I think I am pinking up what you are laying down now..

So they claim it was hacked... You buy that hook line and sinker...

Rolls reversed, if the CIA said they were hacked, would you bite?

So assuming they were hacked, now you are implying the CIA did it?

If you know even 1/16th, of what you claim to know, you have me freaked out..

I thought the CIA was a spy agency... Little did I know that the CIA employs a whole army of supermen, that are responsible for everything bad in the world...

I am sooooooooooo glad I live outside the reach of your CIA!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join