It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Car Bombs Rock Damascus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Suicide car bombs rock Damascus

www.google.com

Twin explosions which shook the heart of the Syrian capital were from suicide car bombs that may have been the work of al Qaida militants, state TV has declared.

The broadcaster made no immediate mention of casualties.

The blasts are the first such attack in the Syrian capital since the start of the uprising against President Bashar Assad in March and come a day after the arrival of an team of Arab League observers.

An Associated Press reporter in Damascus said the blasts went off within a minute of one another in the Kfar Sousa district, where the state security and intelligence buil
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I'm tired of beating around the bush so I'm going to go right out and say it, coordinated car bombs in Damascus already being blamed on Al-Qaeda has the markings of a CIA/Mossad false flag written all over it. This will probably lead to a bloody crackdown by Assad which will lead to foreign intervention and increase the civil war.

Breaking news says an individual has been arrested. I will update once more info is available.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Here is some more details from the blast:

Syria TV: Twin suicide bombs shake capital

Twin explosions shook the heart of the Syrian capital Friday, and state TV blamed a double suicide car bombing that it said may have been the work of al-Qaida.

The state TV report said a number of military personnel and civilians were killed in the blasts targeting the state security building and an intelligence building. It did not give a specific number, but said most of the dead were civilians.

The blasts are the first such attack in the Syrian capital since the start of the uprising against President Bashar Assad in March and came a day after an advance team of Arab League observers arrived in the country on a mission to try to resolve the turmoil.

The government has long depicted the uprising as the work of terrorists and armed gangs.

The state TV report, about an hour after the blasts went off, said initial investigations showed involvement by the al-Qaida terrorist network. It showed footage of several mutilated and torn bodies on the ground, with rubble, twisted debris and burned cars littering the road. Bystanders and ambulance workers used blankets and stretchers to carry blood-stained bodies into vehicles.

The explosions went off within minutes of each other, shaking residents around the city, in the morning Friday, a weekend day. They took place in the upscale Kfar Sousa district, and state TV said they targeted the state security building and a nearby intelligence building in the neighborhood.

"The explosions shook the house, it was frightful," said Nidal Hamidi, 34, a Syrian journalist who lives in Kfar Sousa. He said gunfire was heard immediately following the explosion and said apartment windows in a radius area of 200 meters from the explosions o were shattered.

The United Nations says more than 5,000 people have been killed in the crackdown waged since March by the Syrian regime against protesters. With the arrival of Arab observers, the government has been eager to make its case, saying Thursday that 2,000 of its security personnel and soldiers have been killed in the turmoil.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Problem, reaction, solution.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This does strike me as suspicious. I doubt Asssad had anything to do with this, and if it's the resistance, they're just showing that they're just as ruthless as Assad. We will see the same thing that happened in Libya, replace one brutal regime with another. The same thing happened in Egypt.

I agree with you OP. This was probably coordinated by outside forces.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
CIA was the first thing that popped into my mind. I bet Anderson Cooper et al is already finishing up post-production on their "breaking" coverage...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Do you have a prediction as to when the hammer of the West will fall on Iran? That's the end goal to all of this, isn't it? Surround 'em, destroy 'em...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I can't help but feel all this action is a prelude of the endgame which is Iran. I can't predict anything with confidence, but we all see what's coming. They can't get too far ahead of themselves though, Syria will be no easy task.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

FYI: This site is great for up to the minute updates for stories like these:

www.breakingnews.com...

Refresh that page once in a while and you will get news before anyone else hears about it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Christians In Action once again. Even though I already know how this will end, the suspense is killing me.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

FYI: This site is great for up to the minute updates for stories like these:

www.breakingnews.com...

Refresh that page once in a while and you will get news before anyone else hears about it.

Breaking News brings you the biggest stories as they happen, 24 hours a day, from hundreds of news and eyewitness sources across the globe. We’re a startup inside msnbc.com, but we’re a fully independent, agnostic news organization. Breaking News is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, and we also have editors based in New York and London.
blog.breakingnews.com...

"agnostic news organization"? What the deuce. Anyway, thanks for the MSNBC.

ETA: Actually it's cool. Updates in real time from a variety of sources.
edit on 12/23/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Primitive reports are saying Syrian Security bases were the target:

Lebanon's Al-Manar TV reports 'at least' 30 killed, 55 wounded in suicide attacks on Syrian security bases, most civilians - @Reuters

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
hi corruption i tried to send a u2u but im not allowed to
sorry this is off topic but i was wondering if you remember what thread you took that signature from
it makes me laugh every time i see it
i just want to know what that thread was all about

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by three1zero

I will U2U the information

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

thank you
im looking forward to reading it

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

Hmm, yeah to a point.
These bombs killed military.. where as Assad kills civilians.
Keeping in mind the other day it was said 10,000 soldiers had defected.. maybe these two bombs killed high value targets?

Regardless but, its going to force Assad to retaliate.. infront of observers!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It certainly is interesting that all this begins as the "observers" are allowed in. They're sure getting a lot to observe, they may even regret going there. If the observers were to end up in harms way, an international response would be imminent.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The UK news outlets are already doing their part in piling on the BS.

The attacks just happened and they somehow got some divine knowledge that the Al-Cia brigade had a part in this. The same people who liberated Libya, are liberating Syria. Gotta love the smell of liberation in the morning.

Al Qaeda blamed for double suicide car bombs that kill 30 and injure dozens more in Syrian capital security site attacks

Double suicide car bombings which today shook the heart of the Syrian capital Damascus have been blamed on Al Qaeda.

State TV said a number of military personnel and civilians were killed in the blasts, which went off within minutes of each other.

They targeted the state security and intelligence buildings in the upmarket Kfar Sousa district. Other reports suggest at least 30 people may have been killed - most of them civilians.

More than 5,000 protesters have died at the hands of government security forces, according to the UN, including 200 in just two days this week.

But the regime has hit back at the figures and claimed that 2,000 pro-government troops have been killed by the protesters, whom it characterises as terrorists.

This claim was made in a letter to the UN Security Council and Human Rights Council, and was not backed up by supporting evidence.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I edited my OP for some video footage of the aftermath if any of you are interested.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
That right there is proof that Assad is telling the truth about the different groups in Syria (Terrorists, gun launderers etc) No Rebel would do this, Assad is telling the truth
edit on 23-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join