It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - 2 suicide bombings hit Damascus as Observers enter the country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) — Twin explosions shook the heart of the Syrian capital Friday, and state TV blamed a double suicide car bombing that it said may have been the work of al-Qaida.

The state TV report said a number of military personnel and civilians were killed in the blasts targeting the state security building and an intelligence building. It did not give a specific number, but said most of the dead were civilians.

The blasts are the first such attack in the Syrian capital since the start of the uprising against President Bashar Assad in March and came a day after an advance team of Arab League observers arrived in the country on a mission to try to resolve

Just as the Arab League Observers enter Syria, 2 suicide bombings go off in the capitol. Still no number on the number killed yet.

To my knowledge, there havent been many suicide bombings by the rebels in the war so far. The article says that al-qaeda may be behind this....so does that mean the rebels are being aided by al-qaeda? Or, is this from something outside of the rebels? Maybe it was done by the Assad regime for them to say "I told you the rebels were terrorists!" just as the observers enter the country.
edit on 23-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
That right there is proof that Assad is telling the truth about the different groups in Syria!

Assad did not say the rebels were terrorists. He said that there are rebels, however there are plenty of other groups in Syria causing havoc during the crisis (eg: Terrorists, gun launderers etc)
edit on 23-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

There's no such thing as Al Qaeda !!!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I couldn't agree more, all the protests in the USA and not one gun attack on the police/army, no bombings same in Egypt, Tunisia, UK, etc,

I hope the dark forces behind this go to hell, disgusting! Non stop interferring in other soveriegn nations.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Possibly the work of some of those pesky Libyan Rebels (NATO / US backed terrorists) that were headed out that way.
I'd like to see how the MSM spin this one though, as every other suicide bombing they have ever reported has been labeled terrorism!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
CIA was the first thing that popped into my mind. I bet Anderson Cooper et al is already finishing up post-production on their "breaking" coverage...

Anyone have a prediction as to when the hammer of the West will fall on Iran? That's the end goal to all of this, isn't it? Surround 'em, destroy 'em..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by buni11687

There's no such thing as Al Qaeda !!!

Al Qaeda is the fictious name for George Bush Snr's and Dick Cheney, Rumsfield etc hench men,

these old men need putting down like the scabby homeless dogs they are,

Put a Fatwah on their lives instead "TOTAL Scum"

new topics

top topics

join