It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing People

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
Im curious what the chances are of some sort of huge underground kidnap network ring going on here in the USA and elsewhere. You hear about people vanishing off the face of the planet a lot of these days.

Where are these people going? What is happening to them? Who is kidnapping them? And why?

Does anyone have any theories?

Are people being kidnapped and sold for parts maybe? Hearts et al?

This is one subject that has always baffled me. How can someone just "disappear" without a trace like they never existed.

We live on a planet covered with 75% water, i.e. there is not much land proportionally, plus the fact that we have 7 billion people on Earth. This makes it incredibly easy to disappear. The real question is why they are doing it. Or they could be forced into it, either being killed, or eaten, or whatever. There's hiding places all around us. There are underground facilities around us that we are unaware of. What are we going to do about it? Pretty much nothing so far.....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
We probably shouldn't include child abductions in this because most of those are parental and would skew the results.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think it's a combination of many, many, many reasons ..... runaways, kidnappings, abductions, mob gangster initiations, sand traps, lost on hikes or long drives in unfamiliar territory and die, taken for black market body parts, sold for sex slavery, people in accidents with head injuries suffering from amnesia, pedophiles, serial killers, people unknowingly used for experimentation, depressed people deserting their families, people who commit suicide and don't want family to find their dead body, rituals and sacrifices, innocent people arrested and imprisoned, people who commit crimes and cover it up, or people who commit crimes and go to jail w/o informing family, people who kill someone accidently and dispose of the body out of fear, people who blog or post negative info or comments on social networking sites about drug cartels and are murdered and buried or dumped into the sea, and so on. Sadly, the list is endless.

On another note, several posters here mentioned people murdered for their body parts which are removed and sold. But, I'm not sure. I think the only way a body organ is considered of any significant value or viable is if the person is physically alive but brain dead. So, they die after their organs are removed. I'm pretty sure once a person is already dead/murdered with no brain activity at all, their organs are considered worthless and useless.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Jana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Wow, Jana, you just gave me a lot of reasons to have another drink. Sordid lot, aren't we? It bothers me that pretty much all, if not all. of the possible reasons you listed are plausible.

My cousin has in cousin in-law that's been missing for nearly a year now. Happy guy, early middle aged, stepped out to buy milk or smokes or something and ....

Earlier in the thread, someone commented about how most of us should know someone who is missing if the numbers of missing people are that high (or something like that). I know someone who knows someone. Does that count?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jebbaroo

Yea, and isn't it amazing, if we take money out of the situation, suddenly all these things cease to happen...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jana12

Excellent reply

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would guess these guys are a factor.

articles.latimes.com...

The main reason serial killers are hard to catch is that they kill strangers, unless they are stupid there is no link to them. A sad side effect of modern TV, the bad know exactly which tests the crime labs run, some even go so far as to plant false evidence.

As far as the body parts thing goes, no way. I'm 12 weeks away from my kidney transplant and the tissue testing is extensive. By the time they get the results back the organ wouldn't be viable. Not to mention all organ transplant are monitored very closely by the medical community. If an organ appeared without a family consent form and medical records showing the point of origin and the owners identity it would be rejected and people would be looking into where it came from.

The black market on organ donations exists, I was offered a kidney on a kidney disease forum I frequent, $25,000 is the going rate for a kidney. But you go in together and the person says they are a friend and you undergo tissue testing together. I have 2 transplant coordinators assigned to me just to handle all the paperwork and details.
edit on 23-12-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Im curious what the chances are of some sort of huge underground kidnap network ring going on here in the USA and elsewhere. You hear about people vanishing off the face of the planet a lot of these days.

Where are these people going? What is happening to them? Who is kidnapping them? And why?

Part of the answer is MK-ULTRA.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

David Lang Disappearance

On September 23, 1880, David Lang was crossing a field near his home in Sumner County, Tennessee. His wife and two children were watching their father walk across the field. David’s brother-in-law and a local attorney were approaching the home in a horse-drawn buggy. Suddenly, Mrs. Lang sprang from her seat screaming in terror and the two approaching visitors gasped in disbelief. David Lang had just vanished before their eyes.

The disappearance of David Lang caused quite a stir in the local community. At the spot where David disappeared there was a 15 foot circle. The circle continued to mark the spot where the vanishing took place for years afterwards. Nothing would grow there and animals and insects avoided it. Once, the children ventured into the center of the circle and claimed to hear their father’s voice echoing from another dimension.

Disappearance of David Lang

i read about this when i was kid
i had nightmares for weeks and was scared to go outside
maybe this is what is happening to these people?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

MK-Ultra never even crossed my mind regarding this whole topic. However, its a really good theory. Thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Mars colony needs people
And I don't think 'Kidnapped' is the correct term

Sign me up...
Do they have beaches?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Are people being kidnapped and sold for parts maybe? Hearts et al?

This is one subject that has always baffled me. How can someone just "disappear" without a trace like they never existed.

If I were to say anything on this topic. I would have to say that we are going into the 5th dimension. Remember the Sumerians and how they just vanished off the face of the Earth? Something to think about.
edit on 24-12-2011 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2011 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
perhaps they are being introduced into underground government facilities working jobs?
a lot of people work in plain sight under assumed identities, maybe they have priorities for the time being out of sight?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

What would happen if they turned down said job? Become one of the "vanished ones" regardless but 6 feet under?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

I'm writing this reply without having read the previous replies, so forgive if I include any theories that might have been listed.

First, this is one of those questions that has more than one correct answer. Beginning with the "mundane," vanished people result from serial killers, kidnappers and unwitnessed mishaps that leave the bodies hidden and undiscovered. Further, some people probably just drive off into the woods or hike into a wilderness and succumb to exposure, a kind of suicide by Nature.

Next, we have some theories that might be considered "out there" by many people, but who is to say if there is any truth behind them or not?

1. Alien abduction. Thousands of people (many more unreported) claim to have been abducted by aliens, and then returned. Well, if the aliens are abducting people, they might decide to keep some of them.

2. Secret Government Program 1. Some people believe that the government has sequested underground bases and settlements, some of which might be completely cut-off from the surface (by choice). If these bases and cities were created during the height of Cold War construction programs in the 50s and 60s, well, any babies or children born into those cities would be adults with children of their own now. Some people suspect that the government (a tiny, tiny shadow agency perhaps) are abducting people and introducing them into the gene pool of these underground societies.

3. Secret Government Program 2. The same scenario as Secret Government Program 1, except instead of being taken to underground cities, people are whisked off via exotic technology to settlements on other planets. Some people suspect that there is a "breakaway civilization" of citizens/humans on our planet who have access to exotic technology --gained by a secret branch-off of physics that remains untaught and kept-quiet to the rest of the world to prevent the average citizen from using this (possibly Tesla-originated) technology to destroy the world. This technology allows for travel to other planets in our solar system as well as extra-solor planets newly discovered.

4. Secret Government Program 3. The same scenario as Secret Government Program 2, except instead of traveling to other planets, people are sent to other eras in time and/or parallel realities.

5. There is a theory about people and creatures called "Walk-ins." Simply, someone or some*thing* just "appears" in our world from some other locale. Some people suspect this is the origin of Bigfoot and sightings of the Michigan Dogman (et. al.). If these creatures can shift from other dimensions into ours, and back to theirs again, it is possible that some people from our world and unwittingly vanish into another world. There have been witnessed sightings of people simply vanishing into thin air.

There are many more theories. I just thought you might find these interesting.
edit on 24-12-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

That walk-in theory is scary. I have not heard that one.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I read a while back in a news paper about how many people in Wisconsin and Minnesota that have come up missing ..I have also wondered how so many people just up and disappear..I know in Minnesota we have a Minnesota pipe line that takes young girls and ships them to other country for prostitution ..Allot of hunters go out hunting and never come back and they find there bodys years later..I think allot are killed for body parts big profit in that..Some are sent over seas to these rich sheiks for there harms..the list goes on they could be anywhere.Just wanted to add that most that have come up missing are from rural areas i have a ugly feeling most are dead .peace,sugarcookiee1

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I don't know if people are disappearing more so than they ever have been, and if they are I'd reckon it's just because of the MSM and news these days. Everything gets reported.

Although I'm sure most people on here have heard of MK-ULTRA so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

There are many down to earth answers that can be given to this question and more. The problem is that there are so many variables and scenarios that there is no one straight forward direct answer that can be given. Most answers would be nefarious and foul in nature. That is one constant.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Black market body parts are a myth.

Unless there is some Hospital somewhere where the Doctors have absolutely no moral character, a healer is not going to try and replace someone's organs without knowing for certain where that organ came from and if it's truly viable.

Transplantation is not an easy task, there are alot of variables that have to be perfect.

A styrofoam cooler and a pack of ice isn't going to do it.

Most missing people are found, and of those who stay lost, a large percentage do so on purpose.

Hate to rain on the parade, but there are terrestrial explanations. If an alien wanted new DNA, they could just give you a bit of a haircut while you sleep.

There's a topic, 'Missing hair.'

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join