Is this offensive?? [xmas song]

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So this song was supposed to be aired on the Jonathon Ross show but some felt it was too offensive.

What say you?

I think we should stop pandering to the vocal few who get they panties in a knot whenever something might offend them...

I think Steve Hughes sums it up nicely....

Have a merry xmas!!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I liked it! Something different..I certainly was not offended but then again I'm probably not the best person to decide being agnostic and all..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm English and i read the whole argument thing on BBC and I think the answer is no, just as it don't offend you or probably 99% of the people on the board. It's just other people being offended on other people behalf. Rick Gervais sums it up really well. I can't find the clip but he goes on to say that people now days are too offended on other peoples behalf, when themselves are not offended at all they just think other people might be offended! then all of a sudden the word controversial is thrown around because of this. It's pathetic media mind washing!
edit on 23-12-2011 by definity because: (no reason given)
edit on 23-12-2011 by definity because: i realised i love you

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I found it witty and very clever. The same type of cleverness people expressed when Harold Camping predicted the rapture and it didn't happen. They posted hundreds of photos online showing empty clothes and shoes laying on the ground.

Both are funny as hell......

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I liked it a lot, thanks for sharing
and will be sharing that with everyone I know
it's that time of year (perhaps Christmas shopping blues) that everyone I know starts sharing their rude, dirty or funny Christmas songs.
edit on 23/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I love Tim, who cares if people are offended?? I'm offended that their offended, I find it offensive.

Just for the love of Tim.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

My thoughts too.

And yes, Tim is a genius.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
LMAO

thought it was hilarious, I think you would have to be an absolute religious nutter to get offended by that.

But this Xmas song.............. Well let me know what you think
(Caution explicit language)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

People in the UK at the moment seem to be offended by everything . Hardly a week goes by without some one slightly offending someone or another. I think it all kicked off with the Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand stunt, leaving a message on the phone of Andrew Sachs (Manwel from Faulty Towers) about sleeping with his grand daughter. Not even very offensive

If people don't like things, the beauty of all these channels, is you can switch to one that does not offend you.

I'm sure people will find the video in the OP offensive and will love the opportunity to phone in and register their offense, they enjoy complaining and being offended, it gives them some sense of value.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yeah, boy bands are offensive... but not as offensive as the fact that we are in the 21st century and religious people are still having their ideas protected from inquisition. Ha!

Simon Amstell said it well recently (Do Nothing Live - Dublin) - something like we should be kind to the religious, when they say "I'm a [insert belief system]" they're like a kid saying "I'm a helicopter." The argument has been won.

It just boils my 'kin blood that there are people who, just like in the playground, are continuing to shout because, sadly, they know that volume and persistance trumps critical thinking. So, while I agree with Simon that those afflicted with religion should be treated indulgently, I also think that their ideas must be questioned as continuously as the religious spout them. So thanks Tim and, once again, I'm ashamed of the UK...

Oh, and BAH HUMBUG!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thank you for posting that i thought it was really funny and clever. I feel like with stuff like this there is always going to be someone that says its offensive to them. I guess some people just can't take a joke anymore, they really need to lighten up.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

People being offended on other people's behalf....kinda like the council idiot in York who decide to ban the use of sign language in a school because a sign in Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was similar to the sign for a slang word for a vagina.

No deaf people were offended by the kids singing and signing of course.

new topics

top topics

join