It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any possible way we can change the wording for "Conspiracy Theorist"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I get tired of being labeled a conspiracy theorist when I bring more facts to the table than most people. I talk openly about my beliefs and feelings to my co-workers. They tend to ignore me and label me a conspiracy theorist. What could I tell them to call me other than that. I get tired of hearing about how I am wrong (even after hours of studies on specific subjects), but they are right (after 15 minutes of Fox News, CNN, or MSNBC).

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
if anything you should embrace it.

those stupid people will slowly become a minority

their ignorant opinions don't mean much anyways.. i don't know why it bothers you.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I refer to myself as a "Conspiracist"

2nd line... with a capital 'C'

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I prefer 'paranoid schizophrenic' myself

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Hey yourmaker, It really doesn't bother me so much; I just hate the fact that we can be labeled and discredited so easily. My "soon to be" ex-wife had banned me from this site. I ended up having to travel to "those other sites", and let me tell you, the United States general population has greatly discouraged me during my hiatus from my old home page (ats).

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Mann i feel the same way, us "Conspiracy Theorists" bring wayyyyy more to our arguments then just a "belief" that came directly from the oppressors, and we shouldnt even use that term anymore, it keeps us confined and labeled as non-normal or just weird as a lot would say to someone who challenges the importance of "important" people like christ and things of that sort...

So.. wats the new name? lol

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkinJo

That is a good question....I don't know what we should label ourselves at. Maybe "the ones who are paying attention".

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I consider myself "reality enlightened"

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Try "Investigative Analyst."

Not, I suppose, that a euphemism will matter that much. You know those little connect-the-dots puzzles that you give to kids on car trips? Ever notice how tickled they are if you connect the dots in an unconventional way and draw an entirely different picture? It's obvious to them that you came up with the *wrong* answer; the dots are not meant to be connected in that way. It's funny; it's goofy--but if it doesn't follow the *prescribed* number sequence... well, you nut! It's clearly wrong!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Everyone who holds an opinion that's in the minority has to deal with some of this though. In fact sometimes it even works both ways, how many names can Climate Change Deniers and believers throw back and forth at each other?

Me, I'm an atheist in a world where the vast majority of people believe in a God of one kind or another. Having a minority view point on the issue means you have to fight popular opinion and that, no matter how many facts you have and how good your arguments are, is an uphill battle.

Best advice I can give, be as objective as possible and don't get caught up in labels.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just tell them your up on current events and like to read .
edit on 23-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Born again agnostic here brother.
I have definitely been there brother. Me and you both will continually search for the truth in rational debates. Thanks so much for your reply..... oh and one more thing....

"I'm in Space"

Wheatly "Yes, Yes, We are definitely in space".

Love your avi dude.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I like that. I will show em up Monday.

That actually sounds awesome btw.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It won't matter what label you have. If you don't follow exactly the MSM/TPTB, thinking that there might be more to the 9/11 story than we're being told and terrorists are lurking around every corner, you will be wrong.

If there is any inkling that you might be right, then those people will have to admit that they're wrong and they won't do that. If they're wrong about one thing, then what else might they be wrong about? They would have to question themselves and they won't do that. If they're wrong, then their whole world is upset.

Don't worry about being called a conspiracy theorist. It means nothing.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Theorists of conspiracies.
THEY who ask questions.
Enlightened Ones.
Truth-seekers

edit on 12/23/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The word conspiracy simple means more than one person is involved in a plan.
If you are a conspiracy theorist,then you have theories about more than one person involved in a plan.
THAT IS ALL IT MEANS.

And that is what I always remind people who use the term in an attempt to make the theorist's seem mad.
In effect the phrase "conspiracy theorist" has had its meaning changed by folks who are too scared or set in their belief systems to look at anything other than what they deem to be the truth.

IMHO,these folks are hamstrung by their own acceptance of the way they have been conditioned,usually by their governments or main stream media.

Of course,that in itself is a conspiracy fact.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

How about 'seeker of alternative explanations'

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by ventian

Having a minority view point on the issue means you have to fight popular opinion and that, no matter how many facts you have and how good your arguments are, is an uphill battle.

Very well said and I agree completely. You've managed to say, what would take me roughly a paragraph to describe, in a sentence.
edit on 23-12-2011 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
I get tired of being labeled a conspiracy theorist when I bring more facts to the table than most people.

I hear you. Don't be worried about being called a "conspiracy theorist". Someone else posted this on a thread, and I think it's gold.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
A while back, I asked myself the same question... the answer is simple. I consider myself a Conspiracy Factualist. I don't run around making things up to worry about, there is enough real information available to concern with, you just have to dig a bit deeper and not accept the spoon-fed dogma mainstream media would have you swallow.

~"Just the facts, man"~

Have a great day!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join