It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Writing Ron Paul In for 2012 Ballot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Before I really get up on my soapbox, I would like to ask my fellow ATS'ers to take the time to reply in this thread, whether your for Ron Paul or not.

Now, RT steps up onto his soap box, looks around, and clears his throat............

I am not voting for Ron Paul in the next election because his party affiliations, those days for me are totally gone due to the stench of corruption and lies, on both sides.

The reason I am voting for RP is because he speaks the truth and has been consistent with his message since he started politics back in 1976.

I recently spoke with my neighbor who is a die-hard Democrat. I said to her, " I am voting for RP in 2012 and if he does not make nomination I will write him in, on the ballot." Her comment to me was.

" Well that is a Wasted Vote", in a condescending way, to which I answered.

" I would rather have a so called wasted vote, in good conscious, towards the truth and facing corruption and lies, then BS myself into thinking Santa Claus is real and going to take care of my needs." She turned and walked away.

Ron Paul may not be perfect and maybe has made a few mistakes along the way, but what I look for is consistency, honesty and integrity, which the passed few presidents and current president lack.

The reason for Ron Paul's rise in popularity has nothing to do with him being a genius, it has to do with him telling the Real Truth. It is really hard to remember lies, but remembering the truth is easy, this is why Ron Paul has done well because the truth is easier to remember than hundreds, or thousands of lies.

The main reason his D.C. counterparts are scared to death of him, because he actually talks about issues and problems that 99% of politicians will not address, and what most people in the USA and worldwide are thinking.

So for 2012 I will personally write Ron Paul in, not because he is the next savior, or I idolize him, but because RP is the closest thing to truth, integrity, respect, values, and someone having the guts to actually go against the MSM, status quo, world cartel, and corruption.

So will you write Ron Paul in whether or not he makes nomination?
edit on 22-12-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i disagree with Mr Paul on a few points, some of them major points. However, he is the only one that embodies integrity in the bunch. He is the only one that will stop killing innocent civilians around the world. He is the only one that will end this insanity of conquest of the entire world.
i am NOT a Republican nor a Democrat, i am the American independent, and i am voting for Mr. Paul

stop voting for politicians and start voting for peace. please.
edit on 22-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Nice thread and so true. I am a Democrat who changed party affiliations in order to vote for Ron Paul. I have heard the line that the Democrats will change their vote to Obama in the election. That is total BS. A vote thrown away is voting for more of the same, At least I know I tried to make a difference, If enough people have this attitude who knows maybe we will make a difference. The saying can't never did do anything is no truer than now.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Don't bother. He'll be the RNC candidate.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

I am not voting for Ron Paul in the next election because his party affiliations, those days for me are totally gone due to the stench of corruption and lies, on both sides.

But weren't the corruption and lies coming from the politicians in the party, not the party itself? I fail to see the logic behind your decision, but I am happy to hear that you are supportive of Dr. Paul. He is the embodiment of truth and a light shining in the darkest of places.

I hope that you understand he is only running as a Republican, to give himself the best chance to win this election and not to perpetuate a red versus blue show. It is not about the labels, just the message.

Be well.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That was my whole point, it's doesn't matter what side people pick they are all bought and paid for by lobbyist's.

If Dr.Paul is kept out of the Republican party because he speaks the truth and because he goes against the grain of the Elite powers that be, then I will vote based on his position, as a individual, representing the majority.

You may have read to much into my OP, but yes you are correct the lies come from individuals hiding behind the veils of a political party.

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
But weren't the corruption and lies coming from the politicians in the party, not the party itself? I fail to see the logic behind your decision, but I am happy to hear that you are supportive of Dr. Paul. He is the embodiment of truth and a light shining in the darkest of places.

edit on 22-12-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I understand. I wrote him in 2004 and 2008 and was registered independent back then. I have switched to Republican, even though I know it's a sham.

We need to let people know that they need to register as Republican depending on their state to vote for him in the primaries, so hopefully we will not have to write him in again.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I know one thing- I won't be supporting any other GOP candidates- I hate that party more and more everyday.
Not republican every day folks- mind you- but the PARTY. YUCK

It's so obvious that you have Bush and some people at the top of the party calling the shots, thinking everyone else is just pawns to be manipulated- I feel like they insult me a new way everyday.

And what is this? "A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama"
What? A vote for Ron Paul is just that- a VOTE for RON PAUL.
Obama can worry about his own voters, and Romney can worry about any of his.

I'm really tired of the near extortion coming from the GOP head. They can't play fair and balanced with their own candidates- RP is the only one I see picking up independents and liberals that are worried about civil liberties and the fed. That tells me that the head of the GOP is not worried about the GOP winning, but maintaining the status quo, which is killing America- just to maintain their own power base, and that's treasonous.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i disagree with Mr Paul on a few points, some of them major points. However, he is the only one that embodies integrity in the bunch. He is the only one that will stop killing innocent civilians around the world. He is the only one that will end this insanity of conquest of the entire world.
i am NOT a Republican nor a Democrat, i am the American independent, and i am voting for Mr. Paul

stop voting for politicians and start voting for peace. please.
edit on 22-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

That is exactly my feelings on the guy. He's the only one promising a complete world-wide withdraw of our troops and that makes him the only guy I'm considering.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Hell yes!

new topics

top topics

join