It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C net, Disney CBS and many more file sharing software distrbutors

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
im not going to parrot what this guy in the vid is saying i'd rather you just watch the vid and take it in for yourself,

the dude sounds queer but he's got a very valid point so if you got beef with sopa this guy found some serious ammo! if anyone could embed this i'd be gratefull

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
wow great video and awesome information. thank you for the heads up glad to help.

edit on 22-12-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

the dude sounds queer but he's got a very valid point

WTF does it matter how he sounds or if he's gay or not?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wow this sounds like the real deal. If he's right, we could have a chance at beating the system. Again if he's right, that just proves this country is run by corporations.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Very interesting information. I am going to share it with as many people as I can. If duped people are going to jail then so should the master minds who have created this nightmare.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I am thinking it's because no matter what, he knows some people might get turned off by something like that and he is forewarning those whom may discriminate off the bat to just give it a chance.

I honestly don't think there was any malicious intent in that statement.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This guy knows his stuff!
I found him quite enjoyable to watch. I like his spunk.
Going to pass it on and see what happens.....

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I just sent the link of to my minions.. er friends

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Oh how funny this statement is to people in the UK where spunk has a different meaning (plus him sounding "happy"

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Hah... spunk.

What needs to happen right now though is this topic needs to get bumped, and how.

If what Mike in the video says is correct, than time is of the essence. I've already been sending this video out in every direction I can.

The implications of a bill like SOPA being passed is far scarier than what I'm willing to contemplate in this moment.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak

Originally posted by Afterthought

Oh how funny this statement is to people in the UK where spunk has a different meaning (plus him sounding "happy"

Ah, the language barrier between the US and UK.
I honestly had never heard that "spunky" was a UK expression for gay. I'm in the US and spend a lot of time with dog owners. Spunky is a word I use a lot to describe someone or an animal who has a lot of energy.

The guy in the video sure did have a lot of energy and excitement and I don't blame him one bit. I'd rather watch this guy than someone who's monotone, dry, and doesn't even try to make things interesting.

Anyways, I hope this clears up my comment. I don't want people to think I was razzing the guy.

He's got a wonderful message and he's fun to watch. This combination is exactly what we need right now in order to be heard.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
''spunk" in england mean, jizz man juice, sperm, baby glue, cum, and stuff

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That's certainly not what I thought you folks were trying to tell me.
Do you know where I can get a US to UK translation dictionary? I'm going to be paranoid about misspeaking and my area has a lot of visitors from the UK in the winter. The horror of saying the wrong words could turn into a very embarrassing situation.

On topic: Bumping thread
(Bumping doesn't mean something else, does it? J/K)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
SOPA , please this will never stop piracy , online or otherwise. Black Markets and bootlegging have been around for thousands of years and their still with us and will be even when we blow ourselves back to the pre-industrial age. Essentially what does go on with the internet isn't even theft nor piracy , it's filesharing and distribution of information , last I checked sharing nor gossiping are not illegal but the U.S Government is fast criminalizing them (private ownership and free speech).

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

And for some outrageous but 'shoot themselves in the foot' news: TorrentFreak tried putting a few interesting addresses into the new website Youhavedownloaded.com to see who's been downloading what and it turns out that amongst many other interesting findings The French President's office has been caught downloading pirated movies .

This is a quote from: Matt Liebowitz, Staff Writer of SecurityNewsDaily Dec 15, 2011:

' Even as they campaign against Internet piracy, several major Hollywood studios have been found downloading pirated movies and music from file-sharing services. The accusations by the website TorrentFreak also exposed the office of French President Nicolas Sarkozy as an offender.

The finger-pointing comes after TorrentFreak input Sony's IP address, as well as the addresses of Fox Entertainment and NBC Universal, into the new website Youhavedownloaded.com, which stores a database of millions of files that have been downloaded to IP addresses from file-sharing sites like BitTorrent.

The results of TorrentFreak's search highlighted a double standard in the entertainment industry, crusaders against Internet piracy.'.....

and more...

....'Along with the Hollywood players, TorrentFreak input the IP address of Élysée Palace in Paris, Sarkozy's official residence, and found that six pirated files were downloaded, including a Beach Boys greatest hits album, "Arthur Christmas" and a camcorder recording of "Tower Heist."

"Sarkozy has helped promote and push through some of the toughest anti-file sharing legislation to be found anywhere in Europe," TorrentFreak wrote. "Those provisions include Internet disconnections for persistent pirates, and as of October this year 60 French Internet subscribers were on their third and final strike."

"In total six infringing downloads were traced back to Sarkozy's residence, double the country's three-strike limit," TorrentFreak'

Source: www.securitynewsdaily.com...
edit on 28/12/11 by harrietcapes because: source address not complete

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Show the video to everyone you know! Big business that wants SOPA actually fostered and created the internet piracy industry! If that isn't a HUGE conspiracy, what is? this is how big business wants to commercialize and take over the internet so the only material people can watch is the crap that Hollywood, the TV industry, and the main stream media wants to shove down our throats. And you can bet your last dollar that the political establishment will use SOPA to stop alternative political media online as well. This law is so fascists in nature, that EVERYONE needs to pass the word that it must be stopped.

The irony is this video could be deemed as a copyright infringement for showing pictures from websites, and be shut down! See how SOPA could completely destroy free political speech online?
edit on 18-1-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I just commented about this in another thread but then saw you'd posted it already w00t!

The only thing I worry about is that the websites in question can send a request to archive.org (the site the guy was using to show the older versions of the webpages) and request the complete archive of their site be removed. Seriously that's all it'd take and archive.org will comply and remove it.

I seriously hope that does not happen :|

top topics

join