It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large earthquake hits Christchurch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Even an act of nature is being seen as a conspiracy. Why am I still suprised about some of the low IQ's on ats?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Well...for one, ATS is a well known Conspiracy site. One would assume a lot of like minded folks would be drawn to a site that advertises itself as the #1 Conspiracy site on the web.

Hope that answers your question. I personally think these unfortunate EQ's are Mother Nature releasing pressure.

Also hope and pray, things get stable for the people of New Zealand. They've had their share of misery....they need a break, and some peace of mind.

Des

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Who needs conspiracies when it comes to things such as this....Mother Nature is scary enough on her own! Still wondering if the sulphur smell is still there?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Well, at least it wasn't too bad. I hope no one was seriously injured.

4.9 isn't too disastrous, but still can be nerve wracking with the larger one still fresh in memory.

The frequency within the area bothers me a tad.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Misleading title

4.9 is nothing, i have been in a 4.9 EQ, its nothing at all really

even 6.0 is a standard EQ, so title should read small EQ in Christchurch

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

edit...language It was a 5.8 first then a 5.3. Then after 3pm we had the 6. And it only was 6kms deep. You say its nothing. You come down here and see what the people of our city have been through in the last year.
I have two wee girls that dont leave my side after yesterdays quakes.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Misleading title

Coming so soon after a big one the scare is justified. Use your brain.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrey72011
4.9 is not large. that is tiny compared to the actual big ones.

Not true, it actually all depends upon how deep the quake was.

If it was close to the surface 4.9 can do a lot of damage.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Hey A hole. It was a 5.8 first then a 5.3. Then after 3pm we had the 6. And it only was 6kms deep. You say its nothing. You come down here and see what the people of our city have been through in the last year.
I have two wee girls that dont leave my side after yesterdays quakes.

aarys I am glad you and your little ones are OK.

Are you planning on relocation? I am starting to get worried about your area now. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thoughts and prayers, are with people of Christchurch and the surrounding areas...

Have friends down their and friends here with families there...

Keep an ear out and be careful yall...

Hope the liquification isnt is bad this time

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yea but it seems all of you forget to take into account the depth of the earthquake.... the 5.8m earthquake that hit yesterday had a depth of 4.8km, that is a very shallow earthquake. Shallow earthquakes are ranged from 0-70km, intermediate is 70-300km, then deep is 300-700km, so think about that.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thank you. We are thinking very hard to about leaving. A bit hard when we have a nice house ( with new cracks appearing all the time) I have my business here and we have all our family here. My mother and sister are probally going to move real soon. There nerves are shot to hell. But my wifes family are sticking with it. So shes real keen on staying here close to them.
Could be worse. I would not want to be in or near the middle east in 2012.

Thanks again

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Misleading title

The title is not misleading.

You did not bother to read the OP.

Ignorance is bliss eh Brit?

The 4.9 happened on the "seventeenth"

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

ot trying to worry anyone, but just wanted to make everyone aware....I didn't even know there WERE volcanos in that area. Is anyone there still smelling sulphur?

There are no volcanic fields or activity under the now extinct Banks Peninsula - those fields are now up on the North Island under the Taupo fields etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hey im in christchurch and im getting pritty sick of the shakes we have now had 66 since the first 5.8 jolt yesterday the major quakes so far have been a 5.8 @ 1.58pm yesterday, a 5.3 @ 2.06 pm yesterday, a 6.0 @ 3.18 pm yesterday, a 5.1 @ 4.50 pm yesterday and a 5.1 at 6.37am this morning. We've had 7788 earthquakes scince the 7.1 quake on September 4 2010

I also noticed the wierd cloud formations before i went to work yesterday including one big "Contrail"/"Chemtrail"/What ever which i photographed 4-5 hours later on my way home after the quakes i also notice the clouds were forming "ripples" like when you throw a stone into a pond.

The people of christchurch are sick of this especially heading into christmas.I was at work yesterday in a warehouse where we start at 2 PM. We had the first quake evacuated, then got sent back in because it was "Safe" then the 6.0 hit and we got sent home. If we hadn't upgraded our racking after the 7.1 in september 2010 alot more people would have got killed by the christchurch quakes. Luckily there were no deaths this time round but we are definatly in for alot more quakes after this new event.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dobes88

Hey dobes88, I'm in Christchurch too but don't recall seeing any weird cloud formations yesterday. Any chance of uploading a photo or two? Am interested in examining them. Whereabouts are you guys? Hopefully unaffected by that liquefaction!

There is talk of the Occupy Movement down here picking up a shovel or two and lending a hand down in the badly affected areas as the Student Army that was established in February won't be as large as back then due to the years programme finishing up for summer.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by leprapom

I am currently living in darfield 50kms west of christchurch i am working in hornby i took these photos on my way home yesterday i am facing to the west while taking them and there is not a cloud in the sky behind me where christchurch is/was.

Photos we're taken on samsung mobile phone 2.0MP

You will notice the straight line or "contrail"/ "chemtrail"/ what ever on the first pic which was there (over darfield) when i got out of bed at 10AM yesterday morning and the pictures were taen at about 3.30pm

Maybe its nothing but i have been trying to keep an eye out for anything weird happening in and around christchurch scince the september 4 2010 quake including peoples behaviour and medical issues.
edit on 23-12-2011 by dobes88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Even an act of nature is being seen as a conspiracy. Why am I still suprised about some of the low IQ's on ats?

Pretty High IQ scientists have been playing God with all sorts of things and for over a 100 years have been interested in such tech... you cannot prove this is just some act of nature so why bother.

For you, everything is all NORMAL here...this site is for conspiracy talk NOT mainstream inside the box thinkers alone...lol

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Thanks for answering....I was curious as to why that person said they smelled sulphur. Any idea what could cause that?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Not everyone thinks that. The fact that you are making a statement about people's IQ when you don't even know them...not to mention making such a rude comment says something about you as well. Not trying to be rude back, but that was uncalled for.
edit on 12/23/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join