It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What format do you use for you creations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I was wondering what format you used for you art. You know, PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP. I used to use JPEG but I have found that PNG works better. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It really depends on what it's purpose is....like at work we do a lot of ads that go to print and will be either b&w or certain RGB values - JPEG or GIF is the standard for sending/showing via computer to someone...I don't even see the purpose of BMP....I've usually found that a TIFF works best for printing something really small and detailed....

In general tho - I use JPEG - PNG can be too large for some applications....

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
just use any uncompressed format for displaying your images. jpgs are only useful if the internet is involved because of the smaller sizes. Tiffs are good coz you can have them uncompressed and are compatible with almost any system. photoshop formats are generally used aswell like psd most people dealing with graphics can display those. im a bit reluctant to use bmp because its a bit of a funky encoding but they are alright for the most part, just stick to windows and you ant really go wrong with them.

new topics

join