It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Supremacists Rally Around Ron Paul's Newsletter Scandal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Domo1

Ron Paul has the majority of non-whites, and the white supremacists both hoping on board? Nice.

Majority of nonwhites? Don't know about that...in fact i highly doubt it...but if you have the info i'd be happy to see it. ..although i'm sure there is some support there, but everything is piling up on him now. He has zero chance to be president.

You say he has zero chance, but yet his numbers are still climbing. Even with this silly newsletter scandal being brought up (again) his numbers are still climbing. This race issue is going to be a tough sell when members of the NAACP have endorsed his campaign.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Well they sympathize much with Ron Paul, and these newsletters brings more appeal to them, but yes it is unwanted attention that his campaign just doesn't want at this moment. If this doesn't end his campaign, his position against the Brown vs Board of education and Loving vs Virginia cases from SCOTUS certainly will do the final blow.

I agree...ultimately there are too many stances that are going to hurt him with mainstream voters...and especially minorities. Over the last month or so I've stated numerous times, that if RP came close or started to lead polls, it would all come out...and here it is....this is only the start.

Add this to him being the only dissenting vote to Rosa Parks getting a Congressional Gold Medal, or him publicly stating he wouldn't vote for the Civil Rights act, it's all piling up. He's not going to be able to escape it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You say he has zero chance, but yet his numbers are still climbing. Even with this silly newsletter scandal being brought up (again) his numbers are still climbing. This race issue is going to be a tough sell when members of the NAACP have endorsed his campaign.

This is only the start....and i would expect the NAACP to no longer endorse him soon. This entire thing is just now gaining speed....he's not going to drop drastically in the polls in one day. Herman cain had sex allegations all over the place and still led the polls for awhile. Not everyone watches the news everyday....

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

That is what bigots do, they rally for one another, and Ron Paul is racist so of course he is going to have racist’s supporters…so evident, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

They also supported the OWS movement, with whom the current President sided - what's your point?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
We have a racist in the whitehouse now, what's the big deal?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

J-Dub just gave Romney his support... not sure which one is worse: Dude who destroyed ours and several other nations and our economy or a group of horrible individuals who believe their own skin color gives them an entitled status.

I feel bad for both Paul and Romney these last couple of days. How much you wanna bet Hitler will rise from the grave to support Newt?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Pretty sad that MSM has to (yet again) resort back to a letter that has been debunked time and time again because they have no other way of challenging Ron Paul.

Any idiot who thinks this is in any way going to hurt Ron needs to look back at the past 20 years and the countless times it's been brought up. It's been debunked and proven Ron had nothing to do with it, talk about effing pathetic.

Challenge Paul on a real issue. Ohhhh that's right, they can't because they end up looking like bumbling morons.

For over two decades they've been trying to stick this on Paul. They failed. You fail.
edit on 12/22/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It happens to everyone, someone hears the message it alines with their views.
Second line because it is PC correct, I hear.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
You say he has zero chance, but yet his numbers are still climbing.

Look, we can wait till the end of the primaries because this is the only way you'll get the message, but Ron Paul really does have a low chance compared to the other candidates. His foreign policy already loses votes for him from the GOP constituency, which should be his core lot of voters, and much of his other policies turn off Liberal voters. Independents? You'd have to be delusional to think he'll have a chance with independents, and the 88's and 2008 elections are evident of this.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Pretty sad that MSM has to (yet again) resort back to a letter that has been debunked time and time again

How was it debunked? There are a collection of newsletters with his name on it, on a website owned by a close associate with him (not bill ayers close, but on his campaign close), and considering as well that he benefitted directly from these newsletters, what has been debunked exactly? The fact he simply denies having any involvement with these news letters is enough to debunk this situation? Should we take his word for it? Nobody has even come forward to admit they wrote the newsletter, so we should just listen and believe Ron Paul? And you've given liberal politicians the same benefit of the doubt I assume?

This doesn't help either:

Rockwell has denied responsibility for the newsletters' contents to The New Republic's Jamie Kirchick. Rockwell twice declined to discuss the matter with reason, maintaining this week that he had "nothing to say."

reason.com...

Was this a real ghost that wrote this? Really?! If this was some random newsletter, I'd be more sympathetic to Paul, but it wasn't. It was a newsletter Paul knew well of, and obviously had a say in much of the content. The writer was Paul's congressional chief of staff for some time, was vice-chair of the exploratory committee for Paul in 1992 toward the presidential elections for goodness sakes. You also think patronizing his black supporters will change the accusations being mounted? no, just no...

because they have no other way of challenging Ron Paul

If Paul is confident enough to continue on right through all this then hey, more power to him. I assume by the sounds of it he'll be ready to defend his past opposition against the various SCOTUS rulings over Lawrence vs Texas, Loving vs Virginia, Brown vs the Board of education that discrimminated against American citizens based on race. I'm sure he'll have a wonderful time insisting that jim crow laws were a justified right of the State. Wonderful! I look forward to his excuses later on.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

How was it debunked?

Did he write it? No. They were written by a political activist (and nutcase) Lew Rockwell. Lew Rockwell is a racist. Ron Paul is not.

Did Ron Paul approve the letter? No, there is absolutely ZERO evidence to suggest this.

Did Ron Paul even know about the letter? No, the first time it was ever brought to his attention was several years AFTER it was published.

Anyone with half an IQ of intelligence can see plainly that Ron Paul didn't write those words. It's ignorance to an extreme, and desperation to try and say he did. Again: Pathetic.

This is what disgust me most about American politics.. you can never have any one decent run without some obscure story to try and drag their name threw the mud. Even if it's fabricated, what does it matter, as long as it hurts their reputation.

I assume by the sounds of it he'll be ready to defend his past opposition against the various SCOTUS rulings over Lawrence vs Texas, Loving vs Virginia, Brown vs the Board of education that discrimminated against American citizens based on race.

Affirmative Action, Busing, Welfare based on race are all racist. Paul's not being racist saying he's against those policies. He's pointing out the obvious that they are all racist.. no one deserves special treatment just because their a "minority"

I'm sure he'll have a wonderful time insisting that jim crow laws were a justified right of the State.

Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Did he write it? No. They were written by a political activist (and nutcase) Lew Rockwell.

Not according to Lew:

Rockwell has denied responsibility for the newsletters' contents to The New Republic's Jamie Kirchick. Rockwell twice declined to discuss the matter with reason, maintaining this week that he had "nothing to say."

Link in post above.

Now it's he/she said. Either way, by the least Paul was aware of these newsletters, I don't buy the scenario that he was completely in the dark, not for one minute.

So who was it? Nobody is coming out admitting to these newsletters. I don't think it makes Paul look good either that he'd just allow his name be used like this as well, but I'm sure you have a long explanation for this as well.

Here's some more:

Paul got testy at this point and responded “I never read it, I was aware of it ten years after it was written…CNN does this every single time.”

www.theblaze.com...

His campaign responded to these same accusations as far back in 1996 though, so.. hmmm

Either Ron Paul is lying, or these is some serious identity fraud going on here. Paulers don't seem to care either way.

Did Ron Paul approve the letter? No, there is absolutely ZERO evidence to suggest this.

If he didn't approve those letters, where is his comments dissapproving them after they'd been written? Considering that Rockwell was working closely with Paul as recently as 1992, exploring the possibility of a 1992 presidential run. But he didn't know anything about these racially charged newsletters which started in 1989?

Again, this doesn't debunk his involvement in these letters at all.

Did Ron Paul even know about the letter? No, the first time it was ever brought to his attention was several years AFTER it was published.

Well no, you're wrong there. As far as 1996 Paul responded to accusations about them:
reason.com...

Dr. Paul, who is running in Texas' 14th Congressional District, defended his writings in an interview Tuesday. He said they were being taken out of context.

"It's typical political demagoguery," he said.

There are a list of his responses over the years in that link. Maybe toy meant 7 years from when lew started writing articles for Paul? Which started in 1989 but ended in 1994? So we assume he only knew by 1996? His responses back then don't indicate any such

Anyone with half an IQ of intelligence can see plainly that Ron Paul didn't write those words. It's ignorance to an extreme,

Paul held the position back then, and probably still does now, that the States were within their right to enforce Jim Crow laws on Americans. He also opposed SCOTUS declaring anti-sodomy laws in some southern states as unconstitutional, you know, laws that regulated the bedroom and targeted homosexuals? Yes, Paul thinks this is a States right as well. I think these newsletters are not far off at all compared to his positions over the years.

This is what disgust me most about American politics.. you can never have any one decent run without some obscure story to try and drag their name threw the mud. Even if it's fabricated,

I think it's a stretch, a big stretch, to say that reports on racist newsletters with Ron Paul's name as the author were fabricated. Come on now....

Affirmative Action, Busing, Welfare based on race are all racist.

The Brown vs Board of education ruling had nothing to do with mandating private businesses. It was a ruling from SCOTUS declaring State laws that discrimminated against Americans racially, that forced racial segregation, racial zoning laws, were unconstitutional. The Loving vs Virginia case ruled that states could not ban interracial marriages (I'm of the opinion that marriage should be a private affair, but states held laws against certain marriages). The Lawrence vs Texas law of 2003? Need I repeat this again? I invite you to have a look at it.

Welfare? I don't know where this came from.

He's pointing out the obvious that they are all racist.. no one deserves special treatment just because their a "minority"

This was not what these laws or rulings were about.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

This is only the start....and i would expect the NAACP to no longer endorse him soon. This entire thing is just now gaining speed....he's not going to drop drastically in the polls in one day. Herman cain had sex allegations all over the place and still led the polls for awhile. Not everyone watches the news everyday....

Are you delusional? Or are you just misinformed?

I mean no disrespect by asking, I just fail to see how this thing is "gaining speed". It has been done before? Do you not remember the hoopla during 2008? Saying this thing is gaining speed is like saying that whole Monica Lewinski thing is gaining speed.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Shhhhh.

Don't say that on ATS! You might piss off one of Paul's supporters, who will then call for you to be banned/censored!

ATS = Ron Paul Central

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Lew Rockwell is "out there" but I don't think he's racist.

And I don't even think RP is racist.

BUT, I don't think RP stands a chance regardless of where he's at in the polls. We know who calls the shots and we know that they choose the next president, not us. We can jump for joy at a politician but why continue to prop up a broken, bull# system when you can demand revolutionary change?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i've seen nothing that convinces me that he is racist, and even if he was or is, it doesn't bother me.

he preaches liberty and freedom for everyone, I've never heard him say liberty and freedom for whites. All would benefit mutually from him in office; that's why it doesn't bother me.

This is the most stupid smear campaign I've every heard, I'd rather have someone who said the things in the news letter, than someone who is going to sell out our country to the bankers even more; if this keeps up then we will all be lower than slaves.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Don't say that on ATS! You might piss off one of Paul's supporters,

I think it may be alittle too late for that. There is just too much piling up....everyone wants to explain everything away.

As i stated, he needs to fully investigate and find out who did this...if it wasn't himself that did. This stuff isn't going to go away.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by The Sword

Don't say that on ATS! You might piss off one of Paul's supporters,

I think it may be alittle too late for that. There is just too much piling up....everyone wants to explain everything away.

As i stated, he needs to fully investigate and find out who did this...if it wasn't himself that did. This stuff isn't going to go away.

Its really only too late for YOU,and the media that keeps BRINGING it up.

He doesnt NEED to investigate it. He has his detractors,the media,and those with an agenda doing it for him...

Even if GOD came down out of the heavens and absolved him,there would be those who would STILL find fault in him. Its THAT simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join