It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Supremacists Rally Around Ron Paul's Newsletter Scandal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Ron Paul's latest flap over a series of racist newsletters has won him the support of a group no politician wants on their side: White supremacists. And it's not the first time, either. The Republican presidential candidate is a perennial favorite among those on the white supremacist message board Stormfront, where he's getting all kinds of unabashed support for his campaign, his newsletters, and his political persona in general.

Paul has already said he doesn't want white supremacists' support. But like it or not, he's got it. And stories like the newsletter thing really seem to lock that support down even tighter.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

I believe that this, along with many of the other things happening right now, along with the newsletters, are going to severely hurt his campaign.

With his belief in not voting for the Civil Rights Act, or being the only dissenting vote for a Congressional Gold Medal for Rosa Parks, etc....it's just beginning to pile up....regardless of his reasons or his explanations.

IMO....if he wants to put this all to rest....he needs to investigate and find out who wrote these remarks in his newsletter. He certainly has the funds to do so....and if he wanted to clear his name he would do it. Simply stating that "he doesn't know who wrote them" or "he disavows them" isn't enough in my eyes...and i don't think it's going to be enough for mainstream voters either.
edit on 22-12-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Dec 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Fri Dec 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: adding member comments

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. Ron Paul has the majority of non-whites, and the white supremacists both hoping on board? Nice.

Also, I'm pretty embarrassed I had to Google the word canard. Not a proud moment when these chaps use a word I don't know.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is not the end, it's only the beginning for Ron Paul.

He has created a catalyst that disparate groups can agree on. Black, white, brown, gay, male, female, young and old. They all can find something in RP that they like. It's ironic that the only people that don't like him are the GOP.
edit on 22-12-2011 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think Paul would rather get the clap than the support of those folks.

Oh man...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Kind of sounds like he's bridging the gap.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

I wish ignorant racists beliefs were as easy to cure as the clap. I don't care if they vote for him, in fact I'll be happy. Every vote counts, eve if cast by a jackass. It's not going to change how he acts.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ron Paul has the majority of non-whites, and the white supremacists both hoping on board? Nice.

Majority of nonwhites? Don't know about that...in fact i highly doubt it...but if you have the info i'd be happy to see it. ..although i'm sure there is some support there, but everything is piling up on him now. He has zero chance to be president.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I was surprised too. Still a little skeptical.

Here's a relevant thread.

I think he has a chance. Not a great chance, but a chance nonetheless. I really like most everything I've heard about the man. I think he's as honest (or more so) as a politician comes. I believe he would actually do what he promises. I never get excited about political candidates (I'm rather young so meh) but I would be pretty damn happy to see him as our president. I don't think news is going to harm him much. Hell every time someone is getting voted in the white supremacists pick a side. Doesn't mean much.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, Obummer can have a Maoist friend who blew up banks and killed people, a Pastor that hates whitey, but izzall good. But some crazy right wingers on a blog post nice comments about Ron Paul, and DAS RACISSSSSSSS D000000D. You are such a LOSER. Gotts love the OP's artwork, like his Obummer/Newt/Romney ass stands for Amerika.
edit on 22-12-2011 by iamconcerned because: meh

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If true...which is possible...it's not going to be that way soon. I'm watching the news right now, and it's everywhere...quotes from the newsletters...very racist, sexist, etc.

I highly doubt this will raise support for him with the mainstream voter....and it's going to really hurt him with minorities.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Minorities don't vote, and Ohbummer certainly isn't going to get them to the polls with his endless war/the right to snatch you in your house and send you anywhere he wants.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by iamconcerned

Lets not insult the OP. I agree that having a small contingent of white supremacists is not really going to do much to hurt the campaign, but I value the contribution of the member even if I disagree.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

My apologies, but this 'beginning of the end' because of some wacko blog liking you is crap, and you and I know it. Might as well disparage any candidate this blog likes, since half of us are waiting for aliens.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. A guy who can actually think and is also a politician, is supported by those with no brains at all? Moments like this I wish I haven't given up drinking. I could use a stiff one...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The white supremacists are all ignorant, but not all stupid. They know that their endorsement of RP will hurt his image with the majority of the mainstream. Makes me think that maybe they are truly in favor of one of the other candidates, and would like to see RP's numbers plummet a bit.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

Ron Paul appeals to these people because Paul endorses the concept of not distorting the housing/rental/whatever market with free handouts to people. Stormfront i'm sure endorses the no free handouts concept, it's just elementary. Free handouts is a relatively new concept, since the late sixties. This comes across as racist to some, very practical to others. We'll see who wins.

Edit: Yes I realize the adjustment is going to be very painful. But so is the worlds realization that 15 trillion in debt, a 50% increase in 3 years, is not backed by anything tangible, other than guns.
edit on 22-12-2011 by iamconcerned because: meh

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iamconcerned

My apologies, but this 'beginning of the end' because of some wacko blog liking you is crap, and you and I know it. Might as well disparage any candidate this blog likes, since half of us are waiting for aliens.

I totally see where you're coming from. At the same time I think it's important to listen to all opinions. It's hard to take an unpopular stance on issues, so I will give respect to the OP.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
OP doesn't like Ron Paul because Ron Paul doesn't suck up to Israel.
Ain't that right?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
OP doesn't like Ron Paul because Ron Paul doesn't suck up to Israel.
Ain't that right?

No.

OP doesn't like Ron Paul for other reasons.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Well they sympathize much with Ron Paul, and these newsletters brings more appeal to them, but yes it is unwanted attention that his campaign just doesn't want at this moment. If this doesn't end his campaign, his position against the Brown vs Board of education and Loving vs Virginia cases from SCOTUS certainly will do the final blow.

<<   2 >>

join