It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exponential evolution - programmed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
On another thread on a different forum there was surprise at how many thousands of years man just existed without much progress and then suddenly entered this exponential phase.

I also just watched the Shift Happens video and how we are now reading/developing technically in an exponential manner.

I wonder if somehow the intelligence that led to life on Earth programmed our bodies so that we have followed this curve i.e. our brains are programmed to grow at certain defined intervals of time.

Professor Kaku believes that the next phase will be hybrid robot-men and possible immortality - and then what?

Perhaps we send off an ark of similarly programmed creatures to an Earth-like planet and the whole process continues.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thanks for your thread, I've been thinking about it.

My problem is that I have no idea how to go about discussing it. If this was programmed into us from the time we were created, and we've followed our programming this far, is this a post supporting determinism?

As for what happens after robot-hybrid, I think we can only go more and more to robots until we find a way to store intelligence in a non material form (pure intelligence in an energy matrix sitting in a field outside of Philadelphia).

Sending humans in an ark to other planets? I'm not sure we should export ourselves to other worlds and create a possible contamination of a planet destined to go its own way. Perhaps it was destined to be the home of better people?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't know about pre-programmed, but I think we are right on the verge of a new phase of evolution, our species is about to evolve.

Adapt or Die.

new topics

join